It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live T.V Seance tonight - UK

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Derren Brown will be performing a Seance tonight, attempting to contact the dead with twelve 'specially selected viewers' to participate along with the UK nation.

S�ance
Do you believe in the spirit world?
At 10.35pm on Monday 31 May, Derren
is bringing together 12 specially selected members of the public to attempt
a televised s�ance. And he wants you to join in, too.

To take part you will need:
empty glass,
candle,
pen & paper,
letters of the alphabet.

Derren Brown has become very popular in the UK, and oujii is a tool, like a chainsaw, if you don't know how to REALLY use it it's a very dangerous thing indeed. It probably won't be the 'real' thing, but people will want to copy this, won't they? And what will happen if something goes wrong, will they be able to handle it? For alot of users, the answer is no.

Derren Brown website

P.S - mods feel free to move this to t.v section, just thought I'd post it here though.

[Edited on 31-5-2004 by LadyCool21]

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I shall be watching it, i won't take part though after the last experience i had with an oujia wasn't a pleasent one

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
i wont be watching it im to tired but could u let me know what happend

please

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
OH MY GOD!! now that is what i call freaky, so in the end, it was our minds causing all of that stuff? me and bro didn't do the oujia board, but we swear that we both saw something in the room with us. Me and him were both thinking of Jane, man, that program has shock me right up

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
That was really freaky..... Made me jump more that a few times!!!!

wow its amazing how your mind can play tricks on you!

lol when he said turn the lights out...im like Nooooo wayyyy lol

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
That was really freaky..... Made me jump more that a few times!!!!

wow its amazing how your mind can play tricks on you!

lol when he said turn the lights out...im like Nooooo wayyyy lol

I turned the lights out, big mistake
thats when stuff started to happen. Well im glad Darren Brown doesn't work for the government, he would be excellent at mind control

Did you see the part where that dude started screaming?? that freaked me right out

[Edited on 31-5-2004 by infinite]

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Derren Brown is a class act, I really enjoyed that. I also picked Jane, I wrote London and our wine glass did move, but not enough to prove conclusive.

It was good fun, I love trying to figure out how he did it, and he shows people like Jonathan Edwards up for the con artists they really are.

[Edited on 31-5-2004 by John Nada]

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
lol yea in the spirit cabinet! Where he broke the straps..Scary stuff,

The bit that got me was when there were doing the board and that cup flew of the table and they all started screaming,

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
It was very wierd and whenever you watch Derren afterwards you always want to know how he did it. How did that cup move if it was all in people's minds?

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Its all down to fear. He told them the building was haunted, little bit scary, the dude freaked out in the cabinet, more scary and the pictures helped to create the story. After that everything that happened was put down to spirits, he knew that a group of people built up by fear would help the mind to create things.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
How he got most people to choose the picture he wanted was easy. That cabinet thing was scary though. What he can do is very scary and if some of the things he could do got into the 'wrong' hands, they could do lots of damage.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I would really love to go on one of his shows, to really feel how you mind can be manipulated,

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I wouldn't mind as long as I didn't end up crazy or something. Wouldn't be half scary and freaky though.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
I would really love to go on one of his shows, to really feel how you mind can be manipulated,

I don't think it would be a nice feeling afterward. Knowing that your mind, the only place you thought was still private CCTV and all, was so easily susceptible and vulnerable.

What I don't get is if that show was live, how could they flash that warning at the end (when he hadn't even got back into the building) about how all the participants were happy to take part and understand why that had done what they had done as part of the experiment.

[Edited on 31/5/04 by Hyperen]

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I agree with Hyperen, the way that he got them to pick the picture of Jane was easy. It was obvious that they were set out in the order that they were, deliberatly, and that once you had looked at the picture next to the one you first chose and then one diagonally to that and so on and so forth, that you would eventually settle on the one that he wanted you to. I'm amazed that the people that took part didn't suss it and that they were so shocked when the glass spelled out the name Jane.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hyperen
What I don't get is if that show was live, how could they flash that warning at the end (when he hadn't even got back into the building) about how all the participants were happy to take part and understand why that had done what they had done as part of the experiment.

Most live shows have a delay Hyperen, they probably had that message prepared as a precautionary assurance to TV audiences anyway. The delay was probably quite a long one in case one of them had a heart attack or something.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
There was something to do with the start picture too. I think some were sort of calling for us to choose them because they looked easier to think of a personality for maybe because there was something else in the picture - I don't remember. But then again that woman did choose 'Jane's' room but I'm sure Derren could get her to pick that one subconsciously or something like that.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Most live shows have a delay Hyperen, they probably had that message prepared as a precautionary assurance to TV audiences anyway. The delay was probably quite a long one in case one of them had a heart attack or something.

Ahh right OK. But then they shouldn't really call them live. Kinda takes the fun away.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
he shows people like Jonathon Edwards up for the con artists they really are.

what? the triple-jumper? that's slander surely.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Maybe I'm taking this a bit too seriously but when I see something like that, it messes with my mind. I'd be worried if it didn't.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join