It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTF, Logging TV Shows?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
What the heck is up with these logging shows. I mean really, they're cutting down freaking trees. Lets watch some trees getting cut down. Then maybe some grass growing. Looking for something decent to watch, but all I get is hours and hours of freaking trees getting chopped. American loggers, Swamp loggers, space loggers, desert loggers, log loggers.

I mean how about a show on digging under the Sphinx, mummies, Ufos, bigfoot, neat gadgets, exploring ancient theories, or a new show on space or something. But freaking cutting down trees. Really? Who cares! Lets see, a show on crabbing, cutting trees, how about a show on growing sod? They could call it "SOD WARS!" Rival sod farmers going head to head in the grueling world of sod growing! :bash:

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I know what you mean, I seen some logging programme on channel 5 last year and was sat scratching my head as to how the hell these things get an audience? :shk:

Saying that though, I never thought i'd find a programme about ice road truckers or fishing trawlers interesting but I do

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by valiant

...I never thought i'd find a programme about ice road truckers or fishing trawlers interesting but I do

I've seen those shows, too, but c'mon. That's the best they can do? It's watchable, but again, the best they can do? "Big Jack drives his truck on ice. Hope he doesn't fall through. Tune in to find out!" :shk:

Makes me think they would actually put a show like "SOD WARS!" actually in production, lol.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
No you're correct! i'm just easily pleased I guess

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I LOVE Ice Road Truckers and I LOVE Deadliest Catch

-Kyo

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
95% of television is pure CRAP.

That rings true for when I was 14 and had 3 channels, and present day, 500 channels...

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Then again, I am left wondering about reality shows. Why are we watching what is supposed to be real life (even though it is not). I thought TV was supposed to be an ESCAPE from real life…

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I know what you mean.

I've never really paid attention to any of those shows because they just aren't appealing in the least.

I'll wait for "Garbage Men" and "Postal Worker".Now those are interesting shows.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Nothing beats the burning Christmas fireplace 24/7 :bnghd: LOL . It's the same kind of thing with the fishing shows, I guess it won't appeal to you unless your interested in that hobby.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
What I really hate is this show in the uk "what katie did next!"

It's the same crap as paris hilton tv.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DiabolusFireDragon

There are those who complain about the History Channel shows on UFOs, Monster Quest and now Mystery Quest. As I tell everyone, there is an on/off switch they can use. Reading a book, going outside to the park, etc is an option instead of the boobtube.

I rather like Pawn Stars after watching it a few months ago. Go Figure.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
i totally agree. i think the revelation is that these shows are interesting and it's because interpersonal relationships are interesting. the setting plays a role, but mostly in driving the relationships. seriously, they could do a reality show about the break room in a wal-mart (absolutely no offense to wal-mart, its employees or shoppers ... it would be the same for any store) and it would probably be shockingly interesting because people are interesting ... besides, i imagine the drama and politics at a wal-mart (or any other business) are just as interesting as the senate drama in imperial rome.

but as this may be the case, i agree with the op: if people are what makes these shows interesting and the setting is really not so much the allure, then surely they could find far more interesting settings (not that these shows necessarily aren't). gosh, i am so wishy-washy.

[edit on 3/23/2010 by Hadrian]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Another thing to note is these reality shows are dirt cheap to make and bring in tons of money for the networks that show them. The problem though is they cannot be sold into rerun syndication as they do terrible.

As long as they pull in the ratings, reality shows will stick around. It used to be variety shows were all over the networks as they were cheap to make, but that format died a quiet death in the late 1970s.

top topics

join