It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible explanation for Phoenix Lights and other *recent* U.F.O. phenomena?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

I saw this article and I thought to myself; "Wow, how much are they prepared to reveal? Anything that could explain the Phoenix lights? How about 90 degree turns at impossible speeds that would break and/or liquefy a human pilot?"

My automatic queries were answered after reading the story further.

My sci-fi giddiness factor was only tempered by the knowledge that these were serious weapons of war.I want to keep some of you posters aware that I hold to the belief of fellow Texan Jim Marrs that the current state of the art of some of these technologies is well beyond what they choose to let us know about.

This drone definitely made me think of the Phoenix Lights.

The FINDER being developed by the Naval Research Laboratory. Launched from a Predator drone, it is 5-foot-3 and 58 pounds, the FINDER, or Flight Inserted Detection Expendable for Reconnaissance, it can be flown via the Predator controls and directed to a smoke plume to sniff out chemical weapons or under a cloud bank to get a closer view of a potential target.

Like I said before, I am sure that things like this exist on a larger scale, and would, therefore, be able to put on one hell of a lightshow like was witnessed in Phoenix.

How about this one? (It reminds me of the drone sent to Hoth to find Luke.)

The T-Hawk is made by Honeywell Corp. and used by U.S. Army infantry in Iraq. The T-Hawk can zip up to 10,000 feet for up to 45 minutes. At 16.5 pounds it is lightweight. Source: Honeywell

What about breakneck, bowel-movement inducing speed and turns? You don't think these highly intelligent engineers and scientists are sitting on their laurels concerning this highly important topic, now do you?
Enter...

Boeing Phantom Ray This stealth aircraft is being tested at the Edwards Air Force Base, Lancaster, Calif. This prototype jet-powered flying wing has morphed into a test bed for advanced UAV technologies, including electronic warfare tools like radar jamming, autonomous aerial refueling, air-missile defense and surveillance. Engineers expect it to fly at up to 40,000 feet. With an anticipated cruising speed of up to 610 mph, the Phantom Ray will be one of the fastest UAVs on record. Source: Boeing

and

[atsimg]

files.abovetopsecret.com...[/atsimg]

Being developed by the BAE Systems laboratory in London, the Demon flies with no fins. The entire body of the craft is shaped like a wing. Dozens of thrusters situated on its top and bottom shape airflow, replacing the work typically done by tail fins and ailerons. Onboard software varies the strength of each thruster to control pitch, side-to-side movement, or yaw, and roll. Source: BAE Systems

Wow.

I remember listening to a Coast to Coast A.M. with George Noory interviewing P.W Singer, author of a book called "Wired for War" talking about the impact of drones in general on modern warfare. wiredforwar.pwsinger.com... I am sure that the testing of some of the prototypes and others not disclosed can explain *some* of the more recent U.F.O. phenomena that have been witnessed and recorded in media.
I will not,however, dismiss the possibility that *some* craft may not be "ours"(as in Human) and seem to big to have been built here. My $.02.
Alas, we will never resolve that issue no matter how many threads all of us work through here at A.T.S., but the attempt to understand our place in the cosmos always leads us to flexing our collective imaginations in the hope of convincing the other half that our side is the correct one. And that we are getting closer to Buck Rogers, If we do not kill ourselves first.
After all, our most dire threat besides ourselves is our precarious place in the universe. We should not have all of our eggs on spaceship earth, should we?

MOOOOOOOOOOOOONBAAAAAAAAAAASE!!!!!!!!

www.foxnews.com...

(edit in an attempt to clean it up and add link to source in bottom of page)

[edit on 02/21/09 by daeoeste]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by daeoeste

G'day daeoeste

I agree strongly with your assertion that some UFO sightings are military tech that has not yet been revealed to the public.....S&F for you

In case it's of interest, we discussed this drone idea in the context of the 1994 Nellis Air Force Base UFO video.

We wondered if the video was showing drone tech that was way ahead of publicly acknowledged devices at that time.....or even now!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 5-3-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Yes, I will look into it. Do you think that the specific craft seen in the video is on display in the above post?

The first drone referred to in the fox article said it was a beefed up version of one used in the Balkans 1991-2002.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   

from what I understand the phoenix lights was way too big and the feeling is that it was just one craft...

a mundane explanation could be flares or chinese lanterns...being manipulated by PK able ETs

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Have you seen the video of the phoenix lights incident? That thing was a mile across, moving at about 20 MPH. Now way NASA or the Air Force have anything like that, unless they're working with the aliens. (Not that I'm ruling that out...)

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I don't really see where you are getting a connection between the Phoenix Lights event and what is presented here. The craft seen back in 1997 was very, very big. One estimate I saw recently was about 1,500 feet wide. That's about five football fields - more than a quarter of a mile.

It was also reportedly V-shaped with 5-7 large lights along the bottom and moved silently and slowly while at times accellerating to very high speeds.

But, suppose for a minute that what people were seeing was a product of our government. Doesn't it seem a bit strange that they test all of these relatively bland, airplane-shaped drones in the utmost secrecy, yet they choose to cruise this massive monstrosity of a craft over residential areas for hours on end?

As for the Phoenix Lights, if all the witnesses (and there are a lot of them) aren't lying, then there are two main possibilities as far as I can tell. Either the craft was of extraterrestrial origin, or it is piloted by humans who are trying to make people believe that the craft was of extraterrestrial origin.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by warpcrafter

Yeah, and I think it would be very bellicose in its obvious ability to conjure a religious awe in a lesser species.
That is to say, if what you speculate is true.
Like Sagan say's, "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence."

I believe that the Phoenix lights were extraordinary evidence of size and technical ability by someone.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Orkojoker

I am thinking that some of these craft were the smaller craft that were seen in the video.
As far as the larger ship, that is still up for speculation.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I really do want people to read the article first, and then let their imaginations soar on the possibilities represented by some of the other drones represented.
Size is only as big as you can imagine when you have scientific know-how and more money than most us can imagine to throw at getting it done.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by daeoeste
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Yes, I will look into it. Do you think that the specific craft seen in the video is on display in the above post?

The first drone referred to in the fox article said it was a beefed up version of one used in the Balkans 1991-2002.

G'day daeoeste

I posted a picture of the Honeywell T-Hawk because I thought there was a vague similarity in shape.

Perhaps the Nellis UFO was an early version of the T-Hawk or something similar, albeit it was quite some years ago.

I have read arguments both for & against the idea tha Nellis UFO flight patterns were within the realms of the "possible" for future-tech at that time.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Orkojoker
As for the Phoenix Lights, if all the witnesses (and there are a lot of them) aren't lying, then there are two main possibilities as far as I can tell. Either the craft was of extraterrestrial origin, or it is piloted by humans who are trying to make people believe that the craft was of extraterrestrial origin.

So, because it's big, has lights, and could accelerate and decelerate, it's extraterrestrial?

Seems a bit of a leap in logic to me.

I'll admit that I'm not entirely up to speed on the Phoenix lights, but was there ever any evidence that it was a single craft, extraterrestrial or not?

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by reject

from what I understand the phoenix lights was way too big and the feeling is that it was just one craft...

G'day reject

Whilst I believe the drone hypothesis is a good explanation for some UFO sightings, I agree with you that an object on the scale of the Phoenix lights does not really fit in with that hypothesis.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by EsSeeEye

I always thought that it looked like autonomous drones flying in and joining a larger craft; or staying in formation in a swarm to give the appearance of a larger craft.
Practice phantom runs on enemy radar? It's speculation, I know, but that is what A.T.S. is for right?

Edit to add:
I imagined one of two possibilities for the Phoenix sightings. I thought of the Phoenix as more of a collection of U.F.O.'s or one large one. Using drones to create the appearance of a larger ship or fleet to a population.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   

It's also much more logical than "I don't know what it is, so it must be extraterrestrial". I'd rather not see everything unidentified classified as secret military hardware either, for the same reason. It's simply seeing a mystery and inserting a catch-all explanation without any real evidence.

At least we've got obvious evidence that secret military hardware does exist, and does fit a lot of the profiles for so many unidentified flying craft. But that doesn't allow us to use it for everything unidentified in the sky either. Part of having an open mind is accepting that some things simply can't be explained because there's just not enough information available to come to any conclusion.

A big pet peeve of mine is that so many people see that there's not enough information, and deduce that it must be aliens anyway.

This is a great thread, by the way. Thank you for posting.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   

dont you think it would be fun to mix alittle truth in once in awhile discovery channel aired investigation x the out break tonight stephenville tx jan 8 08 the first 10min were smokin best show ive seen on the topic in 5yrs but they spent the next 20mins discrediting all the statements that were made ftw jrb says what planes we had no planes up on that day but some how on that day we went through an extra 880,000 lbs of jet a afew days later they said oh wait we had ten f16s down there on manuevers narrator takes over and says they think the lights are caused by light refraction from commercial flights wouldnt you send a squadron of 10 f16s at just below mach over the erath county courthouse to check out these refractory lights at 1000ft oh by the way dont mind that awacs plane at 41000ft theyre there for noise abatement and to redirect those commercial aircraft flying at 1000ft over the erath county courthouse and that night after the chase witchita kansas lost an entire power city grid 30000 people hasnt happened since hmmm

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by robatmj12

dont you think it would be fun to mix alittle truth in once in awhile discovery channel aired investigation x the out break tonight stephenville tx jan 8 08 the first 10min were smokin best show ive seen on the topic in 5yrs but they spent the next 20mins discrediting all the statements that were made ftw jrb says what planes we had no planes up on that day but some how on that day we went through an extra 880,000 lbs of jet a afew days later they said oh wait we had ten f16s down there on manuevers narrator takes over and says they think the lights are caused by light refraction from commercial flights wouldnt you send a squadron of 10 f16s at just below mach over the erath county courthouse to check out these refractory lights at 1000ft oh by the way dont mind that awacs plane at 41000ft theyre there for noise abatement and to redirect those commercial aircraft flying at 1000ft over the erath county courthouse and that night after the chase witchita kansas lost an entire power city grid 30000 people hasnt happened since hmmm

G'day robatmj12

This is a comma ,

This is a full-stop .

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

new topics

top topics

join