It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media.ATS.Com Password Issue

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
It's not really an issue as in "I don't understand" it's an issue in that media.ats.com does not recognize my password.
So it needs to be reset obviously, right?
I've asked, and asked, and asked for the password to be reset. I have been polite and respectful at all points of inquiry.
I sent many requests asking for this to be looked at. Each time I got a message saying something like "your message is now being posted where our ENTIRE staff can look at it ALL at once"

Which would be lovely, if I hand't seen that message on at least six different times over the past eight or so weeks I"ve been trying to get into the site.

I am frustrated beyond anything that I can't load my new avatar.
I know there are serious problems in the world, and that this is not one of them. Though it annoys me to know this message is sent out with out anything behind it in the end. Please help.
I have asked for the password to be reset so many different times and nothing gets done about it.
Doing it more would be insanity, for obviously doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result would be a good definition.
Actually, in this case I was just BELIEVING the meaning behind the messages telling me EVERYONE on staff can see my request.
Whatever is the problem , ATS?

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I've been experiencing the same thing.

It doesn't recognize my user-name or password.

I e-mailed The Above Network, LLC Team about it months ago, and I never got a reply.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreddyAuratus
I've been experiencing the same thing.

It doesn't recognize my user-name or password.

I e-mailed The Above Network, LLC Team about it months ago, and I never got a reply.

Well Freddy, someone told me that posting about it here will most assuredly get the problem resolved. Maybe we both will find a solution to the problem.
Any mods on this thread want to jump in? Or anybody that can help?

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I heard about this issue not long ago so i'll try and dig that thread/Post up but in the mean time have you ever changed your password before??

If so then try using that old password to log in.

EDIT: preferably the password you used when joining ATS

EDIT AGAIN: Found it and even if this is not the problem at least we can rule it out then.

and also check your junk mail as well for emails (concerning a password being sent) just incase.

Hope this helps.

[edit on 6-3-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against
I heard about this issue not long ago so i'll try and dig that thread/Post up but in the mean time have you ever changed your password before??

If so then try using that old password to log in.

EDIT: preferably the password you used when joining ATS

EDIT AGAIN: Found it and even if this is not the problem at least we can rule it out then.

[edit on 6-3-2010 by Rising Against]

Thanks RisingAgainst, but my original password is unkown. If I still had it I would use it. SemperFortis also mentioned this to me. While I appreciate all the help , I think the question to be asked is , why is it like this? It's some big deal to reset it?
As a business man I find it quite silly that this is a common problem. I'm not even tech savvy and I could tell everyone that works at ATS what they could do to eliminate this problem for members and for themselves.
They would have a much happier fan base by taking care of members' basic needs. This is place is free yes, but it's nothing without us. If ATS frustrates people enough they will leave, or if they are like me they will make it known HOW INCONSIDERATE this treatment of members actually is.

It's like a best friend who always flirts with the girls you bring around. Or a great server who does everything right , but forgets to bring the check and you have to ask.
Something beautiful is easily ruined when the big picture is not considered

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Every single moderator on this thread has the opportunity to jump in . At any time. For whatever help that could be offered.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Initially (when you signed up) the password for ATS and Media.abovetopsecret.com were the same. Last time I checked you can change your ATS password without affecting your media password so you might want to go back and use a previous password if your ATS password changed.

If you don't have a clue then you can have instructions for resetting your password emailed to you by clicking on the link below.

media.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
Initially (when you signed up) the password for ATS and Media.abovetopsecret.com were the same. Last time I checked you can change your ATS password without affecting your media password so you might want to go back and use a previous password if your ATS password changed.

If you don't have a clue then you can have instructions for resetting your password emailed to you by clicking on the link below.

media.abovetopsecret.com...

Dbates, thank you for your reply. I don't have the original password. And I have already requested it in the exact manner which you have suggested it to be done in. I have in fact done that over one dozen times in the past three months.
No password has ever been sent. I assure you I am not like the guy from Office Space who can't find his stapler

I have tried this avenue you have suggested to me, but to no avail.
Ideas on what that could be about?

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

check your U2Us

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Thank you 12m8keall2c for resetting my password.

Still ATS, there is a slight problem. I keep getting a message saying that my avatar is now loaded, but when I check my profile page it's not displaying the avatar.
Wouldn't it tell me "you're avatar is too many pixels" or "does not fit" or something like that if there were a problem with it?

Would it know to tell me something like that? The computer things my new avatar is uploaded, because it keeps telling me that. But , the avvy is not being displayed. What could make that happen?

I didn't expect this of course, but hopefully someone can help with this next glitch.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Please see this thread by AshleyD for further help with avatar issues. If the answer isn't there, let me know...

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock

Please see this thread by AshleyD for further help with avatar issues. If the answer isn't there, let me know...

Ok I will check it out. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Answer is not there, MemoryShock.
I follow all the steps and the computer even tells me "This image has now been loaded as your avatar" Only problem is that the computer's wrong. I know they say they can't be wrong , but there you go, it can't see that there is no avatar , but it thinks there is one there.

I don't know why the computer would think that, but I've done it now close to ten times. Each time the computer thinks that the image has been successfully uploaded as my avatar. Each time I look at my profile page and it's still just a grey space with no avatar.
Why do you think that is?
Not being able to get in went on for months and finally it's been resolved , but now this. This is baffllng, honestly. The site message is not valid, MemoryShock, the avatar is never uploaded.
This is freakin' insane. I wish I could laugh. Can you help?

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
When making a picture automatically from MATS, you are making your MATS avatar.

Have you tried uploading your avatar to ATS by clicking on the uploaded picture (within the album on MATS) and then copy/pasting the code to the ATS Settings (accessible via the member tools tab) at the top of an ATS page?

I know it is complicated...

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Just to make sure, is this the avatar you are trying to use here?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/54f0c5917e0d.png[/atsimg]

(Very nice, by the way. I just wanted to make sure that's the right one before continuing).

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Just resolved my password issue today. I could log on to the main page but could not upload or even access anything under member tools. Reset my password on main page(left hand side) and now finally have an avatar. Kind of confusing. Edited to add that I did'nt need my previous password.

[edit on C: by JMech]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
Just to make sure, is this the avatar you are trying to use here?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/54f0c5917e0d.png[/atsimg]

(Very nice, by the way. I just wanted to make sure that's the right one before continuing).

Yes, ma'am, that's the one. I'm glad you like it

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

When making a picture automatically from MATS, you are making your MATS avatar.

Have you tried uploading your avatar to ATS by clicking on the uploaded picture (within the album on MATS) and then copy/pasting the code to the ATS Settings (accessible via the member tools tab) at the top of an ATS page?

I know it is complicated...

It's already uploaded ,MemShock. Are you saying I would have to reupload it? Like take it down and then do that again?

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Cool. If that's the one, let's try it manually.

Go here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Scroll down to the avatar slot and paste in the following link:
files.abovetopsecret.com...

(make sure you get the whole link- not where it is auto cut off in this post. Just hit 'quote' on this post to copy the whole link or click the link and copy the entire url).

Press submit once you paste it there.

Can you try that when you get a chance?

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

Cool. If that's the one, let's try it manually.

Go here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Scroll down to the avatar slot and paste in the following link:
files.abovetopsecret.com...

(make sure you get the whole link- not where it is auto cut off in this post. Just hit 'quote' on this post to copy the whole link or click the link and copy the entire url).

Press submit once you paste it there.

Can you try that when you get a chance?

Thanks AshleyD. What an excellent idea it was to do this manually.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join