It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prosecutor: Greed prompted Ill. fire that killed 7

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Prosecutor: Greed prompted Ill. fire that killed 7

ne ws.yahoo.com

MAYWOOD, Ill. – The owner of a suburban Chicago apartment house had his maintenance man set fire to the building, killing seven people including a newborn, because he wanted to cash in on a $250,000 insurance policy, prosecutors said Friday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Human tragedy just continues to get more shocking and appalling by the day? This landlord is just another person to join the ranks of the walking excrement among us. For the sake of money, he murdered 7 rent paying tenants. Where do these people come from, to have so much contempt for fellow human beings? Nothing shocks me anymore. This stuff just continues to get worse, and more barbaric. How can a species continue forward when there are elements such as the one before us highlighted in this article, and other dastardly characters committing the same atrocities or worse? Are we really progressing as civilization or are we on the path to self-induced obliteration? Here is the most unsettling aspect of the crime, and it was done in a way were the victims were left as sitting ducks.

"This fire was set at a particularly chilling time of the day, on a Sunday morning at about 6:30 when it would be pretty safe to assume that most residents in that building were there and were sleeping," Alvarez said.

This one really stuck a chord. How someone could do something like this for money? Money is the root of all evil! People will murder and maim to get it. I hope when he is sitting in the can, those 7 people who were viciously murdered for doing nothing more than being an obstruction to his get rich quick scheme, haunt him into utter insanity. Lets hope justice is swift and harsh, because those innocent victims deserve retribution and that man has to pay.

As he wastes away behind bars, I hope he never again has a waking moment of peace in his life. However, that is highly unlikely, because the man is a psychopath, and nothing weighs on their consciences. I suppose he is just another rabid dog? There seems to be a lot them now a days?

ne ws.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5-3-2010 by Jakes51]

new topics

join