It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Eric Massa to resign

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
In another blow to Pelosi and the Democrat party's legislative agenda, Massa (Dem - NY) Has changed his plans from not seeking re-election in November to resigning on Monday.

article

Democratic Rep. Eric Massa will resign from Congress on Monday, only days after reports first surfaced that the freshman New York lawmaker was under investigation by the House ethics committee for allegedly sexually harassing a male staffer.

Massa was preparing the news in the Corning Leader, his local newspaper, but several media outlets were already reporting the news Friday afternoon.

In a statement released Friday, Massa directly addressed the ethics issue for the first time, acknowledging that he used language that might have made staffers uncomfortable. But he did not specifically address any specific sexual harassment allegations.

:shk:

Another government official brought down by allegations of misconduct.

[edit on 3/5/2010 by centurion1211]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Good! Not only should he resign, he should be prosecuted if he harmed any of his aids in anyway. Abuse of authority should not be tolerated.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
It seems he thinks the Democratic leadership has ulterior motives in the way they handled the situation:

mine is now the deciding vote on the health care bill and this administration and this House leadership have said, quote-unquote, they will stop at nothing to pass this health care bill. And now they’ve gotten rid of me and it will pass. You connect the dots."

Massa says Dem leaders railroaded him because he voted against ObamaCare.

My guess is that he's trying to save himself by blaming someone else, but whatever the case may be, it looks like this one might get ugly.

[edit on 8-3-2010 by vor78]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
This story is just starting to get good. I have no reason to doubt this account of Rahm.

“Mine is now the deciding vote on the health care bill, and this administration and this House leadership have said, quote-unquote, they will stop at nothing to pass this health care bill, and now they’ve gotten rid of me and it will pass,” he said.

newsmax.com...
If they want to bring someone down, it is an easy task in sleazy D.Z.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Looks like Democrats are ready to eat their own over this health care debacle.

Massa doesn't like the health care bill, so he gets attacked and smeared by Democrats. Meanwhile Charlie Rangel, who supports the health care bill, gets a free pass.

posted on Mar, 9 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
dont count on it im not big on democrats but this is almost good as reality tv when they are going after each others throats.

in my opinion this is to get the eyes of both hands and they are doing something else worse behind the scenes.

bewary of stuff like this.

top topics

join