It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Camp for climate activists’ web site is full of BS!!..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Ok first off this isn't a thread about whether burning coal for electricity generation is bad for the environment or not, (start another thread if that's what you want to discuss), it is I believe a big contributing factor to the worlds CO2 emissions and can't be good for the planet, with the Climate change human link evidence that’s come out today it looks like the activists are correct in their fight against fossil fuel’s being used for electricity generation.

That said the government in the UK has realised this and is taking steps to phase out the dirty coal burning stations throughout the UK, in fact the UK is taking the matter quite seriously and is doing far more than other countries throughout the world, yet some are not happy with this, fair enough, find a better solution that can supply the UK with all it’s energy needs and let the government know about it then.. As it stands the government are looking into new clean coal, carbon capture, Gas, nuclear and renewable energy power stations to replace the old dirty coal stations coming to the end of their life.

UK carbon reduction

What I want to discuss is the Camp For Climate action group’s web site, now I get their point, things need to change, sure no argument with that, but by going around spouting blatant lies as propaganda to back them up is IMO totally defeating the object of the Group, and basically doesn't instil any faith in their group whatsoever, they have lied on their website time and time again and I can prove it.

BTW I work in the Power Station Industry so I have first hand experience with coal fuelled stations, and I agree totally with the Camp for Climate action group the station I work at needs to close, we need a new infrastructure of cleaner power stations that don't spew millions of tons of CO2 into the atmosphere, but to make bold claims that have no bearing in fact to back your cause is just wrong!!

(1)
On the 26 Oct 2009 Camp for climate activists entered Didcot A power station with the intent of shutting down generation, they rode past security guards on bicycles and headed for the main chimney stack and the coal conveyers, they then proceeded to cut the security chains on the stack gates, walked to the top of the chimney with the intent to climb/abseil inside the flu emission tubes to stop generation (they tried do this then realized it could actually kill them, not the best of ideas bless them) so we'll look at their bold claim on their web site shall we:

Power station siege as climate activists shut down n-power's flagship coal plant

The activists only shut down Didcot after confirming that their actions would not cause power cuts

Website

Fact:
No you didn't, the station kept generating throughout the siege, they also claimed the station switched to gas because the coal conveyers were inoperable due to the activists being on them, err.. No.. They switched to gas for the activists safety, they had plenty of coal in the bunkers and could have used that supply throughout, had they needed to put more coal up to the bunkers they would have just used another conveyer system.

The power station statement:
Around 20 people forced entry to Didcot A Power Station, the remaining protestors have now safely come down from the chimney area of their own accord early this morning. The police have arrested the protestors and the incident is now over. Throughout the protest, we have successfully ensured the health and safety of staff and protestors. The plant has been operational and available to meet grid demand, as required, throughout the occupation.
Other sources of information regarding this incident:

The Guardian

Reuters

(2)
Climate Camp celebrates victory as E.ON backs down.
Energy Company E.ON announced they were indefinitely delaying building a new power station in Kent.

Website

Fact: Again.. No.. that's lies, E.ON haven't indefinitely delayed the plans for the station, they have put the project on the back burner due to the recession and the lack of demand, it had nothing to do with the protests at all, in fact they intend to build in two to three years time if demand recovers.

Guardian

(3)
Ratcliffe Coal Action: 'Massive Success'

(pre claims) Groups are now forming to plot the shutdown of the station by thousands of people who will descend on the e.on plant by land, water and air

Website

They didn't shut the station down, in fact they didn't even get close, a few protestors broke the fence down and entered only to be arrested straight away, what's sad about this protest is police and protestors were physically hurt during the time they were there, so how they can claim it was a 'Massive Success' I'll never know. Protest by all means but once you start getting people hurt and put in hospital you’re failing to get the point across by peaceful protest.

Guardian

So the Camp for climate activists claims on their site are BS and I've proved they are lying, I don't know what else their lying about on their site? I'm only sticking to what I know through working in the industry, I have no personal problem with the Activists, only the websites lies and bold claims, as I've said I agree whole heartedly with them that change is needed, but their lying their asses off and using fictitious statements to put forward their cause and I think that's wrong! If there are any climate activists on this site can you please explain to me why the website feels the need to lie and make false statements? As I’ve said I’m not attacking the activists themselves, I think their right BUT WHY LIE?

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
MONEY !

Money to be gained from 'global warming'

Money to be gained by posing as an 'activist'

With the whore media (owned)

pretending to 'report news', spelled 'propaganda'

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Hi Dock9, I’m not sure what you mean to be honest, do you think the camp for climate activists are just posing as activists? But are actually government people? heh, that's a wild one fo'sure... I think their genuine all right, just not honest when it comes to their claims…

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic RNA
reply to post by Dock9

Hi Dock9, I’m not sure what you mean to be honest, do you think the camp for climate activists are just posing as activists? But are actually government people? heh, that's a wild one fo'sure... I think their genuine all right, just not honest when it comes to their claims…

Ive been a little bit involved with this kind of stuff, but I stay well away now. Be it paranoia or intuition, I think the leadership of these organisations were subverted a long time ago.

They just seem to be REALLY good at getting their members to waste their time and energy in non business-interupting ways, whilst they go home satisfied and feeling like they've saved the world just a little bit more.

Well, if I was was Dr Evil, it would make sense to give every group their rallying call and leadership. Just so long as I was pulling the strings, they could protest against what they like.

So its no surprise that you've caught them lying, because the peeps that are interested will believe what they want to believe.

[edit on 5-3-2010 by Yossarian78]

[edit on 5-3-2010 by Yossarian78]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Yossarian78

Hi Yossarian78, I think your right when you say ’peeps that are interested will believe what they want to believe’ I just think it’s a shame they feel the need to lie on the site, they’re right in their protest, no doubt about it but by putting up lies on the website their not coming across as very credible…

how were you involved in this kind of stuff if you don’t mind me asking??

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
This whole CO2 thing is utter rubbish! We've just had one of the coldest winters in over 50 years, we are heading towards one of the longest cold periods in the UK for the same period, and the UK Met Office has announced that it will no longer be providing long range weather forecasts as it can never get it right!!!!!!!!!

I heard on the radio this morning that the reason the UK companies will not purchase more diesel trains is because the UK Government do not think there will be any diesel in 20-30 years time to run them, and thus they will never make their money back on them.

We are running out of oil, and climate change is the perfect cover to get people to stop burning oil in order to help delay the impending crisis.

They have had to jump on coal and gas to fit in with the BS, but the reality is we need to burn them as we need the energy. Nuclear is only good for another 45 years *AT PRESENT RATES OF CONSUMPTION* but if more stations are built and brought online, this will obviously reduce.

The bottom line is we are running out of energy to sustain our present way of life, and there is currently no viable alternative. The Governments of the world can not tell the masses the truth as they can't handle the truth, thus they let the populations believe the BS that we need to stop burning fossil fuels to prevent climate change as it is the only way to stop people hoarding fuel reserves should they know the truth (just look what happened when they petrol became scarce - everyone bought fuel in panic and the prophecy was fulfilled - there was no fuel for a few days).

I'm not totally convinced it wasn't a trial run to see how people would react.

At the time, fuel prices were just reaching £1/L. Now, it is £1.16/L and no-one is complaining.

new topics

top topics

join