It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Member and Friend jkrog08

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I'm very sad to hear this.

My sincere condolences.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Kinda hard to believe, I've been gone from the forums for a while and I remember reading a lot of his stuff. I will miss doing so.

Also, this is a guy that wasn't much older than me. Don't regret a day of your life, you can go at any time.

RIP

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
May the angels guide Justin home

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
"Personally, I would be delighted if there were a life after death, especially if it permitted me to continue to learn about this world and others, if it gave me a chance to discover how history turns out."

~Carl Sagan

...now you can learn limitlessly. Discover away, my friend.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Damn it, jkrog singlehandedly got me back into coming here on a regular basis, and actually logging in at that, with his excellent threads and level headed posts concerning my favorite subject here.

On any internet forum there are certain posters that you know you have to read their reply, whether for insight, comedy or anything in between. jkrog was one of those few, he could take a boring thread and just by commenting fire up my interest in it.

Not once did I read a post by him putting someone down for a difference of opinion, just the opposite, every post I ever read by him was positive, offering insight or just a plain old helping hand to a new member who may have had their facts mixed up.

I really wish I had taken the time to get to know him but in all honesty his extraordinary research intimidated me, I felt like I had nothing to offer. ATS just lost one of the best and it's a God damn shame. This is awful, jkrog08 will be sorely missed.

I fully believe when we die we go somewhere, something happens I just don't know what. However this infinite universe works no one here on Earth has all the answers, but I bet wherever jkrog is right now he's got those answers he was looking for.

Maybe in another life we'll meet.

Rest in Peace jkrog

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Darn it,

I was hoping to eventually get jkrog08 to rewrite his 5 most amazing abduction accounts to write out Jesse Long's story from them.

He was an excellent researcher, a meticulous presenter and nice guy to boot.

He will be missed here.

My thoughts are with his family and friends.

-m0r

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
There are some days when you log on ATS hoping hear something of the truth, and you hear it and you read it.......and you just wish it was wrong, a hoax or a lie.

And This is one of those times.

RIP.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by m0r1arty
Darn it,

I was hoping to eventually get jkrog08 to rewrite his 5 most amazing abduction accounts to write out Jesse Long's story from them.

He was an excellent researcher, a meticulous presenter and nice guy to boot.

Lets take up that mantle. So that it won't pass with him!

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I have alot of JK on record when we did our podcasts :UP: when I can bring myself to listen to it again, I will add it unedited for all.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Jess_Undefined

I'm so sorry to read about Justin. My heart goes out to you, to his family and all of his friends both here on ATS and everywhere. Please accept my deepest condolences.

I had been missing his posts and threads lately and was worried that something was not right. I didn't know.

His contributions here will be so sorely missed--Always top notch: well researched and presented in such a well balanced manner. His presentations were always kind, open and displayed his incredibly inquisitive nature. I was so impressed that he was studying to be an astronomer and a physicist. I am at a loss.

I'm glad that he is at peace. Rest in peace Justin.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by atlasastro
Lets take up that mantle. So that it won't pass with him!

Agreed. If we can take something good from his passing it must be the example he set for himself in his work and adopt it ourselves as best we can.

I think this is best summed up in his closing statement from his most recent challenge match debate:TheMythLives vs. jkrog08: There Is No Free Will

Originally posted by jkrog08
In closing I would like to again thank Semper, ATS, and especially my opponent, TheMythLives, who is a great opponent and more importantly a GREAT FRIEND. It was an honor to again debate with you my friend. I hope all who watched enjoyed this debate and found it educational. Take care everyone.

-m0r

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I've been on ATS over 6 years. Mostly to read what some of our bright members post and learn. jkrog08 was among the brightest for sure. ATS just got a little bit dimmer, but the warmth in this tread is one hopefully he can feel wherever he is. May his brightness shine in all of us. RIP jkrog08.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Although I was quite an ass to him every time I ran into him on the forum, I must admit my jaw dropped when I logged on and saw the site logo.

It's always shocking to see someone who you have spoken to is gone, no matter if that interaction was good or bad. My run-ins with him were all in good humor, though. I can only hope he understood that.

I wish his family and friends all the best.

Rest well, buddy.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
sad day

people die all the time but when it hits our comunity it saddends my greatly

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I just want to say on a personal note, that he was brilliant. I am saddened that we have lost such a mind. May we not forget his contributions...may we not forget his work.

Rest in peace, Justin. You will be missed.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I never spent much time in the aliens and ufo section but I do recall seeing some posts of his. He was a pretty good guy. He will be missed.

I think this is a good song for the occasion. www.youtube.com...

[edit on 3/6/10 by Misoir]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I was so shocked to learn of this... I am new as a member here, but have read for a long time and have learned much from Justin's work, insight and demeanor...

This young man will forever be seen as one of the few shining lights in our Fortean world... in our quest... and as a gentleman... a beautiful and rare combination.

My prayers and love go to Jess, to Justin's family and to all his friends who grieve along with me... for I too am moved to tears... I so regret not having interacted with him.

Soar through the stars, jkrog08, may your Earthly quest be fulfilled... and may you forever find new mysteries to explore.

Be seeing you...

Iggy

[edit on 3/6/2010 by PixelDuster]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
So very very sad. My condolences to Jess and his family and closest friends and to all here at ATS who are feeling this mammoth loss.

RIP our dear friend.

I dont know what to say, I am moved to tears by his passing and also by the heartfelt community outpouring happening on this thread. Its bittersweetly beautiful.

themuse

[edit on 6/3/2010 by themuse]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Hvile i fred min venn...

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
To all those whose lives he touched so deeply, may his precious memory live on forever.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.

Ali

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join