It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was anyone else inspired by the movie Avatar spiritually?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Haven`t still seen the film and your disseratation hasn`t convinced me...for me reality with all that it has is enough to try to understand...a different world is ineteresting ...the message is certainly there what the director Cameron would imagine and maybe wish for...for the moment i`m not changing my mind....about seeing the film...

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Its been a while since i posted anything on here but this topic of yours interested me, when i watched avatar i felt so touched and uplifted but very sad.
I mean like so many i just wanted to go and live on that planet away from all this and yes it did make me think more about connecting with nature.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
...back again briefly

Furthermore to the connection to Land:

Our people also express our connection to the land in ways that other cultures may view as somewhat bizarre.

Certainly to us the Land is a living breathing being.

We also recognise that certainly facets of the land - such as certain trees, rocks, rivers, lakes, mountains etc are living beings in their own right as well. We view them as physical embodiments of a larger spiritual consciousness.

And so...its not at all uncommon for us to go and spend time with a tree, or a rock, or river, mountain etc. To 'commune' with them if you will.

Its not at all uncommon for us to pull over on the side of the road when we travel and pay our respects to a river, tree, rock, mountain along the way...to literally speak with/to them, acknowledge them and spend some time with them - just as we would with more human individuals.

Its not at all uncommon during times in our lives when we may be seeking answers for something, issues we may be facing and so forth, to go and seeks such from a tree, rock, river, mountain. We see those things as being our ancestors too...or of being a localised point of our ancestral knowledges...and so we seek them, tap into them, allow ourselves to bbe advised by their wisdom.

Yes - its not uncommon for us Maori to spend time talking with trees, rocks, rivers, mountains...

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Avatar was basically Dances with Wolves in Space. Same story better graphics, and a blatant attempt to sell Gaia worship. If you're into that sort of thing great, but it was hardly new or original in any way.

[edit on 5-3-2010 by gaborn415]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by alien

Thank you so much for sharing your information! It's very much appreciated and welcome here!

That's pretty sweet how they based some of the things from the movie of off your beliefs - so I guess you must feel the connection much more than anyone I suppose?

Anyway, it was neat to see how things correlated between the movie and the things you had said, very interesting indeed. Really, thank you for sharing and putting your time into your posts

top topics

<< 1   >>

join