It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin Had Help From Jay Leno Laugh Track, Says Audience Member

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
blogs.seattleweekly.com...

They added laughter where there was none during uncomfortable portions. Well, there was some laughter. Mine, of derision. During those pregnant pauses in her performance I was laughing long and loud, couldn't help myself as much of what she was saying was utterly surreal, ridiculous, hypocritical - nonsense, spewed platitudes, pushed buttons. I was seriously thinking of leaving as it was getting hysterically unfunny.

After sitting through the taping of the show in the studio I can recount many portions where there was little or no laughter or response, but at the later broadcast they are smoothed over with applause and laughter that WERE NOT THERE at the taping. Groans, hoots, grumbling, or just dead silence - all missing.

I saw this show and the canned laughter was so transparent and phony. However I do think exgov Palin is beautiful, entertaining and notable, but just not fit for any political office. She has now become a parody of herself and is quickly becoming another Paris Hilton; beautiful, famous for being famous but shallow and vacant.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I saw the clips and I laughed. There was no overdub equipment in my room.

I saw the David Letterman show live a few years back, and they do encourage laughing and applause with signs and production assistants. But even then the laughs were real, maybe not so much on the applause.

They also keep it so cold in the theater to keep you alert. Very uncomfortable.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Are you serious?

Really?

Are you serious?

Just wanted to make sure, so I asked twice.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I don't care for Palin's policies and I think she is a bit dim...but I can't really fault her on this.

She isn't a comedian...I'm sure many people who go on Jay Leno need help with a laugh track. I didn't see the show, just a clip of her...why did she do a monolouge/stand up bit? Why didn't she just do the sit down portion like many others do? Usually the only ones that do a solo stand up bit are actual comedians. Any idea?

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
I don't care for Palin's policies and I think she is a bit dim...but I can't really fault her on this.

She isn't a comedian...I'm sure many people who go on Jay Leno need help with a laugh track. I didn't see the show, just a clip of her...why did she do a monolouge/stand up bit? Why didn't she just do the sit down portion like many others do? Usually the only ones that do a solo stand up bit are actual comedians. Any idea?

Well.......I'd pay green money to see this performance. I'm not really sure if it's funny but it certainly is amusing.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
As an Insider of the TV industry I can tell you that they always fill out stuff with a laugh track, otherwise the laughs sound really weird. they make them more generic and uniform to what you 'expect' to hear by masking it with extra audio layers.

I assure you, they had to add a track for Seth Rogan as well. its very common, indeed.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Like she is the only one on the show that gets help from a laugh track.

I like Sarah Palin. She is good looking and is not as dumb as she is portrayed. I don't think she is presidential material though. The thought of her running the country scares me.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm sure there are plenty of guests that get help from the laugh track.

Did you catch when Dave was making his "heartfelt" confession on TV about his recent infidelities with the intern? He was trying to be sincere and yet there was still laughter going on, either from the audience or from a laugh track.

[edit on 5-3-2010 by sos37]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Hell, i think the second video is more hilarious than the accusation from the audience member.

I consider myself a religious person. I don't go to church because it's become more of a facade than a place of worship...and its a place that people go once a week to compare clothing.

But in the end, Sarah Palin is an idiot. Every aspect of this womans life is living proof of it. So my guess is that if people were laughing in the audience....they were laughing at her, not with her.

[edit on 5-3-2010 by Snarf]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Jay Leno also gets help from a laugh track.

So what?

(really) Scraping the bottom of the barrel with this one, IMO.

Psst. I think the democrats might need some help over on two of my threads if you have the time. One is about Rep Massa (D - NY) deciding to resign as of next Monday instead of just not running for re-election and the other is
about the obama administration looking like they are going to do an about face on the KSM terrorism trial and send it back to a military tribunal in Gitmo.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I think she should just back out of the spotlight...shes made an idiot out of herself to basically the whole world- why continue to prove her ignorance?

If she wants to capitalize on her so called "fame" like shes been doing and have books and t.v. spots/interviews fine...I don't care because I don't watch any of that garbage anyways. America truly does not need to hear from this woman again. It just seems like shes desperate and reaching for everything she can get now...Its ridiculous.

[edit on 3/5/2010 by AceOfAces]

top topics

join