It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Cloud Behaviour in Argentina

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by sphinx551

Thats just vertical heat lightning cloud, we get them all the time down here on the beach. Always a great event to watch, if your near to it your hair stands up on your arms, legs and head.
To bad we can't tap that energy from cloud to cloud you know its gotta be billions of Mhw's of free energy.
Oh well its pretty to watch. We get them mainly in July-Sept when its really sticky and humity is at 100%, 85-88 degrees at night.

Nice pic's though.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by FunkySonicO

Thanks for the information. I kind of figured it was a cloud. I think the way the camera was positioned it made it appear like the cloud was close to the ground.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Bcs8484

OMG, RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!!!!!! IT'S A DRACONIAN SHAPESHIFTER STORM CLOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/55a2f697ce81.png[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
there are no volcanos in Guernica,Argentina . i just checked google earth and couldn't find any in that region , so it is some sort of cloud.

here is it from google earth

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/347a8f32bcec.jpg[/atsimg]

a volcano would look like this in google earth

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a13eaf1810d9.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Curious and Concerned
Or am I missing something?

only thing i can think of that your missing is that its a column of smoke/whatever extending from the ground up. and i say from the ground up because if it was from the top down the high winds at that height would have dispersed the column at the top instead of it being well formed on both ends. also storm clouds dont reach the ground not as far as i have seen or heard of anyway in fact im pretty sure its impossible for that to happen considering the different changes in pressure. and how clouds are formed. at a guess i would say its volcanic lightning not sure if Argentina has active volcanoes, but considering the Andes is highly active in terms of tectonic movement (recent Chile earthquake as case in point). regardless of what it is the visual display is awe inspiring to say the least. too bad they didnt have high speed hi def cameras to record those lighting strikes. i have never seen so many in such a compatc location with such so few seconds between discharge. the build up of energy must be phenomenal. there must be enough energy there to power the USA for a year, or more.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
That thing is impressive to say the least!

The rest of the sky was clear except for this dark cloud and it was this active? Wow.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I think we will be seeing a lot more strange clouds and intense lightning. In the absence of Sun spots over the last two years, cosmic ray density hitting the Earth has risen from around 2000 to nearly 5000. Cosmic rays interact with water vapor in the atmosphere to create clouds...and provide energy for lightning.

I was in Amsterdam recently and there was a snowstorm.. along with intense lightning. first time ever in my 62 years I have ever seen lightning accompany a snowstorm

[edit on 6-3-2010 by expat2368]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkspARCS

Originally posted by DarkspARCS
Now all I need is to figure out which Volcanic System erupted...
God forbid it's one of the Caldera complexes!!...

I wasn't sure why you would continue to speculate that volcanic activity was responsible for the storm cloud shown. Then I realised you that as you had a long post, you probably missed a previous ATS'ers post. So I'll post a relevant quote for you.

Originally posted by FunkySonicO
lol! a volcano! hahahaha. sorry... but isn't a volcano! I see this cloud near my city, Capital Federal or better to say, Buenos Aires. I'm from Argentina. I see this cloud after leave my work and take a bus to my home. The cloud was southwest from Buenos Aires at 8PM more or less.

So unless this poster is lying, which I do not suspect at all, I think its fair to say that the video likely shows a thunderstorm. It had a clear cloud-like structure. It was in the evening, after a day of heat has been able to produce a convection cloud system. There is an eyewitness saying he believes it is a thunderstorm.

So to propose that this is a volcanic event, there must require some evidince to support this theory. I'm not sure if you know what a caldera eruption consists of, but I'm pretty sure there would be more evidence of it than a sole youtube video.

But then I saw that you posted this...

Originally posted by DarkspARCSI predicted this three days ago, here on ATS lol!...
suprise, suprise! =)

I think your desire to see your "prediction" revealed may have affected your perception of the OP's video. Not saying your "prediction" is incorrect, just that this is certainly not proof of it.

Oh, unless you predicted a thunderstorm in Argentina that evening

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by expat2368
I think we will be seeing a lot more strange clouds and intense lightning. In the absence of Sun spots over the last two years, cosmic ray density hitting the Earth has risen from around 2000 to nearly 5000. Cosmic rays interact with water vapor in the atmosphere to create clouds...and provide energy for lightning.

I think that is a plausible concept. There is a lot that we don't know about the way that cosmic rays and other phenomena affect our weather. Could the recent filament bursting on the sun have had an effect on our weather? And could that same event also produce other effects? Such as gravitational, magnetic or tectonic...

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Much respect for the youtube link, mate. When i first saw it i said 'oh look its a tornado' then i began watching the video and the hairs on the back.. metaphorical hairs of the back of my neck stood up and i started saying "oh.. sh*t.. Ooohhh sh*t.. we're screwed. Well i've got no regrets and i did what i wanted. I turned a new leaf before the end, I'm kind and spiritual, I guess its all gravy and im ready to die."

After i calmed down i just sort of smiled (like how sometimes you just smile at a loved one) and realised i will die with no regrets.

Sorry i'm getting off topic here.

Thanks for the link and the pictures guys, they are very interesting! even a bit striking when you think about it, Lighting in a tornado looking cloud and Volcanic eruption cloud. To me it looks as though the lightning was coming off of something in the cloud.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Y dale con el VOLCAN! This isn't a VOLCAN man! Don't understand anything I say??? This was a electric cloud, a storm.. just this! I watched this cloud in Buenos Aires, man... if any of here are dumb sorry but just look where Buenos Aires is it, there's no volcano near and the only one dangerous is Chaiten but isn't any report of erupting.

What? You wanna ear the true? This is the true.. But like many of the members of ATS they wanna ear anything but not the true...

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Great thread, stunning scene...Maybe it could be some kind of volcanic activity, the earth around that part of the globe is a little unstable at present.,,U/J

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Curious and Concerned
reply to post by DarkspARCS

lol! a volcano! hahahaha. sorry... but isn't a volcano! I see this cloud near my city, Capital Federal or better to say, Buenos Aires. I'm from Argentina. I see this cloud after leave my work and take a bus to my home. The cloud was southwest from Buenos Aires at 8PM more or less.

So unless this poster is lying, which I do not suspect at all, I think its fair to say that the video likely shows a thunderstorm. It had a clear cloud-like structure. It was in the evening, after a day of heat has been able to produce a convection cloud system. There is an eyewitness saying he believes it is a thunderstorm.

So to propose that this is a volcanic event, there must require some evidince to support this theory. I'm not sure if you know what a caldera eruption consists of, but I'm pretty sure there would be more evidence of it than a sole youtube video. ss you predicted a thunderstorm in Argentina that evening

Trust me, I see this cloud near Buenos Aires, YES... I know it was a strange and weird cloud (thunderstorm), my cousin living in CAÑUELAS, look using Google Maps, watched the same cloud lighthing a lot but only was a thunderstorm. I never read all the replys from any thread from here because everybody say this, that... and never you know the true. That's the problem in ATS. You say something from one predicting that thunderstorm? (lol) Is obvious and really to predict it, if you know here in Buenos Aires and in most provinces we are suffering for thunderstorm and raining a lot in the last two weeks.

Just watch this video in my city, for fun and we happy all, I repeat the world isn't going to end now and in 2012, and for a long time. Just enjoy the moment..

[edit on 6-3-2010 by FunkySonicO]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
If there is one single evidence of HAARP at play - this has to be the one.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
To stop Argentina taking the Falklands, the British have sent over their greatest weapon............Terrible weather!!!!!!!

[edit on 6-3-2010 by Kurokage]

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by FunkySonicO

After I read your post I was searching thunderstorm in Argentina and Brazil. I found some huge ugly looking storms but couldn't find anything that looked like the video that I posted.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Trust me, I see this cloud near Buenos Aires, YES... I know it was a strange and weird cloud (thunderstorm), my cousin living in CAÑUELAS, look using Google Maps, watched the same cloud lighthing a lot but only was a thunderstorm. I never read all the replys from any thread from here because everybody say this, that... and never you know the true. That's the problem in ATS. You say something from one predicting that thunderstorm? (lol) Is obvious and really to predict it, if you know here in Buenos Aires and in most provinces we are suffering for thunderstorm and raining a lot in the last two weeks.

Don't worry, I certainly do trust you

And I completely agree with what you are saying. I thought it was fairly obvious, too.

But some people just see what they want to see, right?

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I think some people on here need to go and do a little research on cloud formation and the processes involved. Then you might find that a cloud formation like this is entirely plausible.

Also, it is not a tornado. It is a cloud rising relatively high into the atmosphere as convection currents suck in warm air at the base of the cloud.

This type of cloud generally starts as a cumulus cloud. As it gains more height and energy, it can then be classified as a cumulonimbus cloud. These clouds can reach heights of up to 16,000 m (60,000 ft). As they grow higher, they are often affected by high level winds or temperature inversions. This can cause the top of the cloud to start moving horizontally. This will often produce the "anvil" shape typical of a srong storm cell.

I think you can see this happening in the video. The top of the cloud appears to be getting blown from right to left, indicating high level winds. Although this is not a tornado, it is possible that a tornado could be spawned from the base of this cloud. But as this cloud is a considerable distance from the camera (that's why you can't hear the thunder), you cannot see the base.

Of course, a volcano could potentially produce a similiar looking ash cloud. But without the accompanying seismic evidence (or any other evidence), it would be foolish to assume this.

[edit on 7-3-2010 by Curious and Concerned]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join