It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Understanding Reiki and other life energies

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I have had 3 Reiki sessions - 2 with a massage therapist that I go to, and 1 yesterday at a holistic health fair.

On all 3 occasions, I decided I paid what I thought was a fair fee for their time and energy, and then I let go of all expectations and just remained open to the experience to see where it would go.

And on all 3 occasions, they each gave me extra time - like double the time we agreed on - and asked nothing more from me.

All sessions have been unique with really strong and good aftereffects! It is pretty incredible, and I was a little skeptical going in. Still am, to a degree. But even if it's a placebo effect, I feel much better, and that is worth it to me.
I don't need to understand it to feel it is working.

[edit on 6/13/2010 by Tadarida]

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by bringthelight

Intent is the difference. It's the difference in everything. It's the difference between the healing we got from doctors back when they used to at least make an effort to heal. This is in stark contrast to what they do now, which is nothing but depleting our bank accounts but with no other discernible effect. Yet this is the state of things - for now. It will change. All things do.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

Intent is a very powerful thing. I recently read The Power of Intention by Lynne McTaggart and was amazed by all of the scientific data that accompanies the power of intent.

Before every session the I give, I make a silent affirmation along the lines of "I make no judements and trust that everything is happenig for the greatest good and working in divine order.

My intent is to let the reiki flow through me and let that patients body do what it wants with the energy. Our bodies know exactly how to heal themselves. They are far more intelligent than we are when it comes to healing. Reiki practitioners act as the pipline for the divine balancing energy to flow through, nothing more.

So my intent is that I be the best channel I can be for reiki energy to flow through.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Tadarida

Happy to hear reiki helped you! I was very skeptical before my first session. I guess the proof is in the pudding as they say. If you try it and it's worth it to you to get more sessions...go for it! If not and you think it's a scam, no harm done, you paid a few bucks to relax for an hour.

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

I thought a chiropractor had been recommended. Luckily, I didn't pay too much before it was confirmed by MRI that I needed surgery. As in, my spinal chord was in obviously bad shape. The reiki therapy helped a little bit, but the person, as a healer, should have said I needed an m.d.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Awesome thread! its quite amazing the law of attraction.
I have been looking where to learn Reiki at in California...Could you possibly give some input or info on how to, or where to go? Would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by winotka

It's all down to what you believe. My perspective is that you yourself should have known what you needed. You yourself walk in that body. No one else. It's your energetic disturbance that causes dis-ease (more correctly written) so your own awareness is the point. You have the power to heal your body when you heal your soul. Your spine performs the same function metaphysically as it does physically. Can you understand where the problems lie in your life? If not, that is why it has traveled through all the energetic layers to come to roost in your physical being.

You must listen to yourself.

Just fyi, only 5% of procedures in Western medicine succeed. All modalities have their areas of maximum effectiveness. 100% success can come only from your own will.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I have been thinking about trying out Reiki to see if it will help my shoulder pain. I get stress and tension headaches almost every day now.

Maybe something like this will help me out.

Do you have to be in the same room to benefit from a reiki healing? I remember reading on a different board someone offering to send out healing some how? Is that even possible? Just curious.

I guess I was under the impression you had to be in tune with the person doing the healing and in the same room and/or touching.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JRho900

We learn distance reiki in reiki 2 and yes it is possible. I have had some amazing results sending from a distance. If you would like u2u me with your name and location and I will send it to your shoulder.

Be well

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by kaskade

Google the international association of reiki professionals and they should be able to reccomend someone in your area.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bringthelight

I attempted to send you a message. I hope you got it. Thanks!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join