It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best WWII weapon.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Give me the BAR. Excellent ROF and great power. A little on the heavy side but I think that is outweighed by the pros. It's a solid gun all around.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
i would say bandaids and medics....theyre the ones that keep the soldiers happy and healthy and treat wounds.....if it werent for them we wouldve lost a whole lot more soldiers

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by CookieMonster000
i would say bandaids and medics....theyre the ones that keep the soldiers happy and healthy and treat wounds.....if it werent for them we wouldve lost a whole lot more soldiers

LOL true, and they could even be used as weapons, you could throw peroxide into their eyes and drug them with morphine. Could also be used in interrigation, ever tourture someone with bandaids????

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Not my choice but has anyone considered this odd-looking fella the FG42?

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 10:13 AM
link   
STG 44, worlds first assault rifle!

2nd would have to be the Luger, an excellent example of German craftsmanship and quailty.

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
the bren gun
the only reverse kicking rifle (not sure if it stil is)

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
the bren gun

Reverse Kicking? Please explain further Devilwasp.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by FULCRUM
"German Mp-44" or as its really called as Stg 44 was and still is (of all those weapons) the best, and had after the war great impact to weapons design of all nations, unlike the others that just become obsolete and were dumbed at 3rd world hell holes.

And as a hint to you son, world.guns.ru... doesnt allow remote linking, they just send you blank images.

Btw,

Definetly correct! This was the start of the modern assault rifle, also the first with shortend versions of all ready existing calibers.

Stg 44's are still today put on good use at those 3rd world hell holes..

Stg 44 in use by Mahdi Militia.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Well, since the original post said long range, the STG is out, its a medium range weapon link. Given that criteria you would need a full power cartridge. Of the weapons listed, you would have to go BAR over the garand because of the fast magazine changes. If your a small person and weight may be a problem you would be stupid to not take the Garand. Extermely accurate and reliable with a full power cartridge. No brainer.

Kozzy I think said, the BAR would become unstable with faster than 450 rounds, BAR weighed 15.5 -20 lbs. Even if it did shoot faster(which it can) it wouldn't be uncontrollable, it would simply overheat. Watch the (US) History channel and look at the BAR in full auto action, barely any muzzle lift. Muzzle flip is overated by many people, including guns.ru for the BAR

Variable

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Variable
Well, since the original post said long range, the STG is out, its a medium range weapon link. Given that criteria you would need a full power cartridge. Of the weapons listed, you would have to go BAR over the garand because of the fast magazine changes. If your a small person and weight may be a problem you would be stupid to not take the Garand. Extermely accurate and reliable with a full power cartridge. No brainer.

I didn't say only long range, I said choose only 1 weapon and not 1 for close combat and 1 long range. So imagine if you are a WWII soldier, what would you take with you to the field. You can also choose MP-42, if you think it can handle all battlefield threats.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Ah ok, If I were a German I would go for STG, American I would probably go Thompson. Most firefights are pretty close range, within a hundred yards or so. Well within the Thompson range. It would really depend on what I saw when I was fighting. No weapon works best all around, especially in WWII.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by minimi

Originally posted by devilwasp
the bren gun

Reverse Kicking? Please explain further Devilwasp.

sorry i was misinformed ,stupid person he is.
iwas told it had a system inside it that made it reverse kick so that it ran away

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
While being revolutionary and well designed. The StG had little effect on the outcome of the war. If you are judging on that basis, the Garand wins easily.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by FULCRUM
"German Mp-44" or as its really called as Stg 44 was and still is (of all those weapons) the best, and had after the war great impact to weapons design of all nations, unlike the others that just become obsolete and were dumbed at 3rd world hell holes.

And as a hint to you son, world.guns.ru... doesnt allow remote linking, they just send you blank images.

Btw,

Stg 44's are still today put on good use at those 3rd world hell holes..

Stg 44 in use by Mahdi Militia.

Those are AK-47s, Originally made in rusia from captured stg-44s, The're are now common through the world. They are espically popular in third-world countries such as Iraq, due to there low price.
As for the best ww2 weapon I would probably pick the Lanchester, a weapon briefly made in the UK before the Sten gun was first rolled into production, kind of a strange mix between the Later British Sterling submachine gun and the Soviet "burp guns" (it was used by the British navy, and some paratroopers on D-day) , or maybe a Sten mark V. Probably the best all-around weapon was the Bren gun, but it was too heavy to be practical in many operations.

[edit on 10-6-2004 by h4dd3n]

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
No your wrong, the gun on the left is not an AK-47. Look at the handguard area. It is a STG44, I've heard in Pakistan and India they make exact copies of all types of weapons by hand. Either it's a copy or it's original. What a dotard to be running around with a rare weapon.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 04:28 AM
link   
would be the STG44. Works well in FIBUA and can also be used in other situations as well. Pretty good all rounder like the AK47.

BAR and Bren are abit too heavy and long to go house to house effectively.

Garand rifle doesn't have the auto capability to hose a bunch of baddies in a banzai charge. A platoon armed with STG44's, now that would have stopped any charge before it even started.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join