It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Terror Attack in NYC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Last November, I was on my way to the Airport (JFK in New York City). I was driving with my friend in his truck. As we were driving and crossing a bridge (I think its the Triborough Bridge) I noticed a navy blue mini-van with two men in it of middle east decent. I'm not here to stereotype about middle eastern people either.

One of the men in the mini-van was taking pictures of the bridge. We were driving in a Cadillac Escalade and in the front of the truck my friend has a big police badge because his father is in law enforcement. I took my friends digital camera and tried to take pictures of the license plate, but the mini-van was a lil out of view from the camera. As we tried to get closer to the mini-van they saw us trying to take pictures and probably saw the big badge in the front window and they started to drive faster and got out of an exit.

I have not told any enforcement authority as If I don't know if that is a real case or anything.

I don't think they were tourist either. So why would people be taking pictures of a bridge?

What do you guys think of this?

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Here's something to think about. If you saw a middle eastern man taking pictures of a monkey at a zoo, would you think he is planning to kill monkeys?

I do not think that someone would bomb something like the Triborough Bridge (image below). I do not think it is that well known of a bridge for someone to attack, and why would they need 7 months of planning.

You are just scared, thinking everyone is a suspect

Watch you back, your shadow might be behind you.

d1k

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I would have called the police right away. In these times its better safe then sorry.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
You should have gave chase. I always find it fun to follow people.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Their goal is to scare you, obviously, they did just that.

I am almost positive they are tourists, maybe they thought that photography is illegal, and they took off.

I honestly wouldn't make a big deal of it.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   
MacKiller, like I said, I'm not here to stereotype about middle eastern people.

But with all the terror threats going on now, do you blame me for thinking like this in this case.

And why would they chase away then?

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Who knows.

It seams to me that you are afraid of your own shadow.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Nah, not really. I just don't ignore the little things that happen that's all.
A shadow is just a shadow.

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Yes, a shadow is just a shadow.

You also have to be aware of whats behind it.

top topics

join