It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemtrails, Clouds or...?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Hello,
I first took these to be chemtrails yesterday morning outside at about 9am.. they were directly opposite one another in the sky, The only photoshop thats been done is a bit of sharpening and croping/resizing, The rainbow in the left upper corner i can not be sure isnt a lense effect..so no claims on that lol..any thoughts?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cd42897e7192.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/94fc96041ddc.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3a3bf8eb8925.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c86e78da6998.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/20de4de7f382.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 5-3-2010 by Full_Vision]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Hi Full_Vision, just wanted to let you know that your pictures are not viewable unless you are a member of myspace AND they have you as a friend.

Can you upload them to photobucket or your media portal here at ATS and link/embed them from that?

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by QBSneak000

Ooops sorry about that, i will fix it asap
thank you

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Any time! always looking to help people out.

I am quite interested in seeing these photos. I am a weather enthusiast and do love debating the chemtrail mythos.

To be honest I have yet to see a photo that cannot be explained as either natural cloud formations or normal contrails left from aircraft due to weather conditions at the time.

Looking forward to see what you have.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Also if you can provide the time, date and area these pictures were taken? that way myself and others here in the weather field can try and get the upper air soundings for the time and see if the data supports the formation of contrails or not.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by QBSneak000

Ok, that seems to have worked

Time was about 9am in North Wales, UK..
About an hour later when i want out, they were gone, the sky was pretty much clear of any clouds and a small gap in the blue had a slight rainbow effect coming from it...that i didnt capture as my camera was on charge.. typical. But i thought i would share what i did manage to get..

Tessa

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
About time you fixed the links.
I've been checking in periodically to see if the pics were fixed. (No Life)

I don't really follow the whole chemtrail theory too much but I always take a look at the pictures to see if they are really unusual or if they appear to be something that could happen naturally.

As for your pictures, they don't look like a regular contrail, they look more like sky writing smoke.
What type of wind could make a straight contrail break up into separate curves like that?

They usually just spread out and dissipate.

Question: Are the curves vertical or horizontal in direction? It's hard to tell in a 2D image.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowLink

Hiya ShadowLink.. in which photos? Sky 1 they are vertical, in Sky 2 they were both..
And yeah, sorry about the links lol.. didnt have time straight away to change them over..

[edit on 5-3-2010 by Full_Vision]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I like the sun halo in the second picture down. I have to agree they do seem a little like something left by sky writing or a small plane. its hard to judge at how high it is by the photos but I would think they aren't related to "Chemtrails"

I have seen contrails form in many strange shapes but by looking at the photo it seems that they were made by a smaller plane maneuvering in tight turns. Do you live near an airport or military base?

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Full_Vision

Meh, I was kidding about fixing the links.

It's just that in the pics where you can see the houses the contrails appear to be horizontal and in the other pics (cropped I assume?)they appear to be vertical.

Anyway, if they are both, then the only thing I can think of that would cause them is a practicing stunt plane with smoke on or something.

Is there an airport nearby that perhaps trains pilots?

Near my house there is a small airport that trains pilots in small craft and allot of times you can see them performing acrobatics but I have never seen them use smoke though.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Apologies for delay. In asking around, the chances of stunt plans is pretty much a certain no, but we do live near a military base, not too near, but as we live in a valley they do test runs over the area.. the thing is, i usually hear them, they make me nervous every time so i take note lol.. i was awake at 7 that morning and these were in the sky at 9am..

I am not saying they arent regular con trails, just found them to be strange, as well as others in the village i live in who had noticed them...

today there was a great deal of marks in the sky, on a normal flight path from manchester airport to ireland i believe, but not dissipating as normal con trails seem to..

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Not sure what to tell you. Other than stunt planes or something similar I have no idea what else it could be.

Weather phenomenon is not my strong point.
Maybe someone else will come along with something a little more insightful.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
A similar event was seen on that very same day in the sky in the Netherlands, in a region called "Brabant" !
Many witnesses saw circular shaped chemtrails on October 5 & 6 and made photographs of this. (Also with this event some people saw strange behaving aircraft that seemed to suddenly dissapear)

Circletrails causes unrest in region in the Netherlands

Circletrails Youtube

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

It isnt for me either lol... i just tend to look around a lot and it seemed really out of 'place'
thank you very much for your feedback!

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Tjabbie

Wow.. very very interesting, thank you for the links! Thats what struck me here, no obvious planes or noise to accompany them, they were just there really

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
most definitely chemtrails look like they had been there for a little while and got blown around

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
When aircraft are in a holding pattern while waiting to land they fly in what is called a "racetrack" flight path.
upload.wikimedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

The horseshoe shaped curves are at the ends of the patterns. The contrails are intermittent because of varying conditions aloft.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Makes sense however, don't the patterns look a little tight?
Holding patterns don't consist of 6G turns.

It's hard to tell the size of the loop though, so who knows you may be right.

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Sorry about the one photo of the looping one, the other side had houses to give indication, where the others were really just sky, so it is hard to gauge really..

Over all i just found them to be strange items to see, especially at the time of day without noise or evidence of any planes in the area previous to seeing them.. as i said, i would have heard any plane that close to us.. just random oddness i guess lol but would say it being a natural cloud formation is completely out as an option

new topics

top topics

join