It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi leader willing to ask some U.S. troops to stay

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Iraqi leader willing to ask some U.S. troops to stay

www.cnn.com

Baghdad, Iraq (CNN) -- Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki has left open the possibility of asking U.S. forces to stay in Iraq longer than planned, depending on the security situation and the readiness of Iraqi troops.

"So just to clarify," Damon asked, "if the situation dictated it, you would be willing to have U.S. forces extend their stay in Iraq?"
"Absolutely," al-Maliki said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
So...now when we were close to leave , they want us there? I don't get it anymore. They gave us timelines to leave , pressed upon USA's leave. Kept repeating themselves how USA is not needed anymore and so on. And now they ask USA's military to just hang on for a few more. Great , i wouldn't be surprised if we never left that country

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fatality
So...now when we were close to leave , they want us there? I don't get it anymore.

What don't you get?
It's a puppet govt.

Iraqi govt = Obama administration
Or bush, or Cheney or whatever you want to call it
it's a puppet govt.

U.S. govt. asks U.S. troops to stay

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Well maybe they want us to stay so we loose even more money, the economy is already in bad shape, partly due to the occupation in Iraq. I don't think Mr. Nuri al-Maliki sympathizes with the US or likes Iraq to be occupied by US forces, but yet he knows that it is hurting our economy in a big way, day after day. There is no foreseeable end to all of it....

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I understand that , but why even bother asking US to leave then. Might as well shut up and then when we're about to leave they could "ask" for a delay. That way at least it would show as if we didn't wanna stay there but since they asked us what can we do , we have to help right? /sarcasm.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   

totally agree with you.
That has happened in latinamerica and it is a good
tactic since it calms the sheeples...

nothing less, nothing more...

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Fatality

no puppet govt. will ask U.S. to leave, even Karzai(afghanistan) is asking U.S. to stay longer.

It's the people that still continue to want them to leave.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   

I know. Everyone wants them home. I just don't get this game , because i remember back in 09 Iraqi gov. said they are rulling out any chance of US troops to remain there because they had everything under control. And now they want the troops to stay. Great

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Yeah.... In reality, they are really just taking this whole situation one step at a time. It's hard to predict what will happen when the US starts to pull out massive amounts of troops. After August of this year, if things start looking bad then they could ask us to keep the 50,000 troops remaining, to stay there longer. They are not saying that it's going to happen; at every step of the way they have said this is going to be a gradual process.

Remember how everybody was saying we can't just pull out of Iraq; we need to pull out in a strategic, planned method. This is what we are seeing happen right now.

[edit on 5-3-2010 by Styki]

[edit on 5-3-2010 by Styki]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
If he's not a puppet, but an Iraqi, he just signed his death warrant.
If he's a puppet?... well he signed it a long time ago!

The western world will never be welcome back in Iraqi, again!

join