It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

massive triangle ufo sighting in hawaii Feb 5 2010

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Good observation. I think the camera this was filmed on was a good quality camera.Putting aside the ufos and looking at the rest of the footage, I don't see and interlacing artifacts, and the compression quality is excellent.

You wont ever see noise on an object that is bright, only in areas that are underexposed. If you look at the fringes of the balls of light you do see some. To me, it looks as it should. Compression will also smooth out blocks of color that are very similar, so It will do that on the bright white areas.

I'm assuming due to the color noise seen in the footage that this is shot on a digital camera. So I don't understand why there is film dust showing up. Obviously the creator of the video overlayed some stock footage of film dust over the video. Now, whether that was done to make a faked video look more convincing (which it doesn't, it just looks wrong) or whether the person who filmed this has some need to add all this stuff in post processing I don't know.

About Camera being smooth, check out this program here - www.youtube.com...

That was just a quick google search. I wish more videos were stabilized afterwards, makes it easier to see the "ufo". I would not immediately call a fake just because the camera work seems smooth.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by muckyman
I say fake,in some frames the distant objects appear over the foreground objects.
I adjusted the contrast to see it more clearly.

Yes, but the brightness of the objects in these photos is much lower. Its called occlusion. The foreground objects blurred as the camera is focused on the sky, so when the bright object passes behind an occluding object that is the effect you will get. I'm sorry but that is exactly how that light should react IF it is real.

Try it yourself, get an led or laser pen or something, film it from abut 2m away and focus on that. Place something much closer to the camera that is out of focus, now move the led in and out behind it. You will get the same effect, and the footage you have just filmed will therefor obviously be fake!

[edit on 5-3-2010 by fedupofitall]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Actually here is a great example of image stabilization software.

www.youtube.com...

Which is what was most likely used in this footage whether it is fake or not.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by fedupofitall

Originally posted by muckyman
I say fake,in some frames the distant objects appear over the foreground objects.
I adjusted the contrast to see it more clearly.

Yes, but the brightness of the objects in these photos is much lower. Its called occlusion. The foreground objects blurred as the camera is focused on the sky, so when the bright object passes behind an occluding object that is the effect you will get. I'm sorry but that is exactly how that light should react IF it is real.

Try it yourself, get an led or laser pen or something, film it from abut 2m away and focus on that. Place something much closer to the camera that is out of focus, now move the led in and out behind it. You will get the same effect, and the footage you have just filmed will therefor obviously be fake!

I think if that were the case with this video it would happen more than 2 or 3 frames at a time so i still put it down to a bad composite.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by muckyman

I dunno man, I would say for the most part is a pretty decent composite, in I mean they are moving pretty fast, they don't fade up after passing behind something, when they aren't being occluded then they should be full brightness, thats how it works in reality and how it is working here.

Something new I noticed if you look around 1.06 on, the balls look oval and seem to flip horizontally. That is basically the effects of the video stabilization removing the shake from those frames, but the motion blur is still apparent, as the software obviously cant remove that, thus making the objects look oval, as the direction the object seems stretched is the direction the camera was originally moving before the software stabilized it. Get me??

Well if I were to do this, I would have stabilized the camera footage first before doing the camera tracking, making the balls and compositing them in as it would save a huge amount of work.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Credibility hits zero when you see the world "A Cousin Brothers Film" and added music.

It's school / uni project that's done quite well with only one poorly thought out effect and that's the orb into cloud fade, it's awfully done, it makes the cloud look like it has 100% density which of course they don't.

There's even a couple of dodgy matte's in there as the brightness of the object isn't enough bright enough to force a camera / visual engulf effect.

As Simon Cowell might say..."It's a NO from me"

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
In my opinion, this is a Hoax. The first clue is the fact that the video is titled a FILM

I don't believe that the person who filmed this used object tracking, It looks to me like the whole thing was filmed from a static mount tripod and the UFO's were animated into the shot. Then the entire piece was artifically 'shaken' and 'zoomed' etc.

Look at the amount of pixelation in the zoom. It's obviously a digital zoom and not optical, even though the range of the zoom isn't very great. (most cameras dont go to digital zoom until the optical has been exceeded, but here the zoom is maybe only 5x)

Also, the camera also never 'shakes' beyond the borders of the original 'opening shot', leading me to believe that the UFO's Shaking and Zooms were all rendeded into one static shot.

This is just someone teaching themselves how to use Adobe Aftereffects.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Its not really a triangle its more 3 lights moving in sequence.

A quick easy way to tell if its real or fake... The credits.

This movie is a "production". Most likely fake.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
OMG do a little research people! for example check out thirdphaseofmoons other videos. Like this one

Does it look real? Case closed.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by UF0News

Yeah, good 'ole after effects wiggler! God, people feel they need to add shakes to everything to make it look real these days. Good point about the optical zoom too, the quality is pretty good at the start so you would assume its a decent camera that would have optical zoom rather than just digital.

Anyway, it is a good fake, but with some silly post production decisions like the film dust, I wouldn't take any footage like this (real or not) as evidence of anything anyway, but fair play to the author for trying.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

Ha, god that is awful! Well at least he is improving!

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister
OMG do a little research people! for example check out thirdphaseofmoons other videos.
Does it look real? Case closed.

Good find. Didnt really think this one was worth researching, but I guess there are plenty of people out there who'll believe anything.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by blaws572

G'day blaws572

I always enjoy watching a creative person's interpretation of what a real sighting might look like

You can see from their subsequent vidoes they're getting better at making their vids. It will be interesting to see what else they come up with.

I hope they're also getting out for a bit of gym work & not just sitting around making their movies eating pizza's!

I've embedded the YT vid for purposes of convenience.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by UF0News
Look at the amount of pixelation in the zoom. It's obviously a digital zoom and not optical, even though the range of the zoom isn't very great. (most cameras dont go to digital zoom until the optical has been exceeded, but here the zoom is maybe only 5x)

Did you notice how the bright orbs are not pixellated at all ? Typical mistake of the beginner, compositing a low resolution background with high resolution CGI.

This is just someone teaching themselves how to use Adobe Aftereffects.

Right, and not impressive at all. A few animated dots and unconvincingly smooth motion.

NEVER EVER TRUST YOUTUBE VIDEOS.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by blaws572
This one is kinda recent but not as recent as i'd like.(have to wait for the week to go more to check this week more). but i thought this vid was pretty intriguing and a good one to look at/debate. Whatcha think fellow ATS'rs

www.youtube.com...

looks kinda fake but i'm not a professional. any thoughts??

vid is fake....look at other of their vids and you will see.

R.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
This video is horrible, seems quite obvious. Watch the video and stop it at 1:11, you can see the orb comes over the light pole...

Anyways, I posted because i'm curious to know what makes people make and produce fake UFO videos....?

I mean why even do it, what are they getting out of it, honestly? I don't understand why they would waste possibly hours of their lives for nothing, in my opinion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join