It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

massive triangle ufo sighting in hawaii Feb 5 2010

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   
This one is kinda recent but not as recent as i'd like.(have to wait for the week to go more to check this week more). but i thought this vid was pretty intriguing and a good one to look at/debate. Whatcha think fellow ATS'rs

www.youtube.com...

looks kinda fake but i'm not a professional. any thoughts??

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
am leaning more towards fake, we need some1 who knows about cgi to be sure though

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by biscuitface

agreed

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
First of all, its my first post here, been reading for some time now and decided to get involved. I am an animator/3d artist by profession so do have some expertise I guess for things like this.

Anyway,

Nice vid. Don't really know what to think about it. IF it is CGI it was done by someone with talent....I know, I know, its only 3 orbs of light but they do follow nice clean arcs - as in they don't move erratically and are animated well.

The camera tracking is also excellent (how the CGI orbs hold their position in relation to the environment despite the shakey camera and the zooming), as is the smear when the camera shakes due to the low fps camera, eg. 0.27

Lastly, the occlusion of the orbs as they pass behind another object is also very convincing, and look exactly how and point of light moving behind another object looks in reality.

They only part that looks fake to be is the vanishing of the top orb as it passes into the clouds, the other two seem to fade a little more as they get deeper into cloud cover.

Also, not sure why 3 orbs of light keep in position of a triangle, and hold that position perfectly, but then, I'm not an alien so how would I know

[edit on 5-3-2010 by fedupofitall]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by fedupofitall

lol thanks for the insight. was waiting for someone like you with KNOWLEDGE of cgi and things to comment. could you check the other ones i just posted and give your thoughts on those to please. much obliged homie

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Sure, no problem man!

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   

great thanks. looking forward to reading it brovah

Ram

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
First impression:
FAKE..

Camera is to smooth - must be computer created.

The effects are - too obviously - like a gamer effect..

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Fake and why calling that a triangle when it's obviously (fake) 3 dots moving in formation and/or out of formation.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ram

Camera is to smooth - must be computer created.

The effects are - too obviously - like a gamer effect..

I wouldn't discount a video just because the camera is smooth. You know you can buy software to help smooth out the movement of a camera in post production?? It basically plots points of reference such as a horizon line and then adjusts it to keep it level, or at least reduce the shakiness. Easily available software which I have myself, and should be used more often on UFO videos tbh.

Elaborate on what you call "gamer effects" if you could??

If you mean that they are just balls of light, well, every ufo sighting seems to be balls of light, if they are genuine (which I'm not saying they are) then maybe thats all we can ever expect to film....balls of light.

Just noticed at the beginning - "A cousins brothers film" .... does suggest it was all made by them, but hey, maybe they just like production quality no matter what the video. I know I do.

[edit on 5-3-2010 by fedupofitall]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by korats
Fake and why calling that a triangle when it's obviously (fake) 3 dots moving in formation and/or out of formation.

Well the formation is a triangle isn't it??

Again, not saying this is real, but how about some decent discussion rather than the Youtube comments style - FAKE!!!!! but without any good reason as to why it is fake.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

exactumundo. but to some ignorance is bliss.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
IF it is fake its dam good and they look identical and move the same as what me and my partner have seen in the daytime. at night they are fire red orangie plasma and bigger unless its the illumination that makes em bigger about the size of a semi detached 2 storey house.
ps i have seen the lanterns and they are not the same and the air isnt the same as when the real stuff is around. but i am leaning to it being human back enginered only because of the bible and some predictions saying the antichrist will decieve us with impressive stuff but its all man made.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Yeah,

I mean I ain't saying I'm right, its not definitive evidence to me, just an interesting video, but this isn't youtube!! I've read through so many threads of people saying fake or whatever without discussing or arguing their point!

I think I'm gonna start a thread giving people some information about cgi and animation to help them spot obvious mistakes, and to give a little insight into the programs used, their capabilities and the workflow. So off I go now to find some good/bad examples and gather some links!

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   

please do that for the "wannabe" debunkers. thanks dogg

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   

dont think anything on film can be definitive for everyone but they are cool to watch

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by dashar

dont think anything on film can be definitive for everyone but they are cool to watch

Yeah exactly, I don't think I will believe fully that they are visiting us until I shake an aliens hand! How cool would that be! Hmmm, I wonder do they shake hands like in Mork&Mindy! Nanu Nanu

Ahem, sorry about that, on with the thread. Videos like this are interesting though, I would like to see something like this for myself. The weirdest thing I've seen (or not seen as the case may be) was hearing what was like a really loud airplane flying over head, but there was absolutely nothing other than stars in the sky. Strange stuff.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
FWIW, There are "film artifacts" visible, especially noticeable in the Slo-mo. Film lint and dust but not grain or weave. Hmmmmmmm.

That coupled with silky smooth motion and anticipatory "camera work" screams fake, IMO.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
yea and i actually see ufos almost everynite in salisbury maryland. ill try to get some vids and post for youll. jus gotta invest in a gud camera. any ideas for a real gud but cheap camera with long range??

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I say fake,in some frames the distant objects appear over the foreground objects.
I adjusted the contrast to see it more clearly.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join