It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Network Status Report for GEE and other Seismology Networks

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Olivine

Not yet, but at least I can keep an eye on VA with US.CBN... with kids,grandkids and friends in VA I tend to keep up with that one.

I`ll try again in 30 minutes or so.

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Just to update...

GEE is still down for me as far as the TA stations go.

I`ve rebooted my computer,emptied the cache, and reloaded GEE multiple times with the same results.

Will check every 30 minutes, unless someone has a better idea

posted on Jan, 5 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
The TA stations just came back up.
Acting a little "iffy" (frequent lags) but there nonetheless.

Hope it stays online for awhile !

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
What do you think of this latest release?
Personally, I find it unstable, and with quite a few bugs. I sure hope the kind folks at Univ of So. Carolina deliver an update soon.
With the old version, I could leave it running for a week with no issues. Now I'm lucky to get a few hours before I have to quit and reload it.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Olivine

I agree completely!

I think we were better off with the old one.

And as a side note, my laptop started acting up after I downloaded and installed the new GEE version. Didn`t help that there was an update to IE9 the same day.

I hope they are able to get the bugs worked out soon... GEE has become a necessary part of my life in the last year, and I feel "blind" without it.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonlover12
reply to post by Olivine

I hope they are able to get the bugs worked out soon... GEE has become a necessary part of my life in the last year, and I feel "blind" without it.

Same here!

Without it, I'm jumping around to 4 or 5 different sites trying to see what is going on. It's funny how quickly I came to depend on this program. I'm such a noobie quake geek.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I cannot get GEE to load. It will load the recent earthquakes on the Real-Time Viewer main page and then stops without loading a single blue triangle.

Anyone else?

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Olivine

I can confirm that IRIS DMC is having problems for the moment with real time streams from all networks. Just going to have to wait until they get it fixed. And I'm sure they know by now.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Thanks for the info, TrueAmerican.
I wish I could get some coffee to the techs working on this service interruption, because I miss my 'blue scrolling squiggles'.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Olivine

Is GEE still down for you? I was so hoping to see it "feeling better" this morning, but nothing is different.

I still have the old version running .... the new version didn`t agree with my computer and I had to do a HD wipe and reinstall of the OS to make it feel better.

I hope they get the problem solved... too much activity in this region in the last few days for me to be OK with being "blind" right now .

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonlover12

Still down for me too, my friend.

I'm patiently waiting...lucky for me I have a half acre of weeding to do while I wait.

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Olivine

Thanks! Good to know I`m not alone!

Guess I`ll be fabricating more doll house accesories while I wait.... way better than weeding, my friend!!!
edit on 13-6-2012 by dragonlover12 because: sp

posted on Jun, 13 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Good news

GEE is back (at least most of the stations I watch) !

Hope the problems are all being worked out now.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but GEE has been down for days lately. At least for me. Would someone else who uses GEE regularly please confirm this for me, so I can put any doubts about this away? Thanks. I cannot connect to IRIS with my other program either, leading me to believe there is a serious problem right now at IRIS with real time data delivery. (big surprise
)

In the meantime, I have written to my contacts advising them of this, and asked them to look into it. I just want confirmation from someone else that they cannot get GEE to connect either.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Its been extremely "iffy " for me... it may connect for 30 seconds then nothing for hours, only to show up again for a minute or two (partial stations).

Its DOA at the moment.

Hope they figure this out!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Thank you DL, very much. I will post again in this thread when I have been advised that the problem is fixed, or if I discover that the problem has been fixed. Hopefully, anyone else will also let us know.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I've had GEE running for about 4 days with no issues. It seems fine at the moment,

Except that I have only been able to load broadband stations since the new version was released.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Good rainy morning.

Anyone else not able to connect to GEE?
It went down last night for me. When I tried to restart the program this morning it is saying something about Cobra servers not being available.
I'm thinking it may be my firewall....still looking.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Olivine

Me too!!!

I hope its not gearing up for a long outage.... that makes me nuts!!!

I`ll just keep checking at 5 minute intervals, and will post if/when its back up for me.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Thank you so much for your reply.

I'm sorry it is down for you, too, but I'm glad to know it's not my silly compy acting up.

Come on Univ of SC/Iris--let us back in! (It's sad really--I'm so completely addicted to this program, lol)

edit on 9/18/2012 by Olivine because: still can't spell

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join