It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spy chips hidden in 2.5 MILLION dustbins

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I'm not sure if this has been asked before, but (incase im one of the 2.5mil), where about's might these chips be located? Im guesssing there underneath the Bins themselves so there easily removable.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Find chip.
Remove chip.
Blame local 'youths' (like normal
).
Argue you can't wait around for the dustbin men to show up in the morning.
Get new chip.
Repeat.

Alternatively (this works better in small towns like mine) use leaflets, town meetings and the like... get people to refuse to use the bins provided. The council will leave the trash for a while but pressure from the press will force them to scrap the idea.

[edit on 7-3-2010 by StevenDye]

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by curioustype
Just a few points...

1. Can anyone tell me how they make the chips resilient to UK weather (we just had a low of -16ish Celsius this winter in England, and have had plus 40 odd in the summer...?

A trash bin is no problem. Your wallet is a lot worse, oddly, not in terms of temperature but in terms of bending stress which is very bad.

An h-field serial number part is really pretty simple. The bottom feeders are rated for -25 to 90C operating temp. If you pay a bit more, you can get -40 to 90C, top rated ones are -55 to 125C. They'll survive quite a bit outside of that, and most will operate outside their rated range.

They're also not 'chips' in their operating form, they're in little assemblies like a paper tag or plastic wafer. I don't know which ones are in use on trashbins, or how they're packaging them, but if I were doing a trash bin, I'd use a plastic encapsulant, something like a small plastic business card with adhesive or a tiewrap to attach it.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

Originally posted by Rigel Kent
Top Tip
Everytime you go out of the house for a walk, take your trash in a suermarket carrier bag and stick it in a public litter bin (remember to shred any documents with your name and address on first).

job done

They'll probably put cameras in the bins to stop people doing this, public bins are not supposed to be used for household waste

Funnily enough this is no laughing matter! - Many people have been prosecuted for things like this, quite a common one is someone leaving the house in the morning checking his/her mail as they go, dumping the junk mail in the street bins... Council jobsworth pulls the letter and bingo, one fine in the post

But there have been other cases where councils have used hidden cameras to catch the more persistent guys - A great one was the very new and expensive hidden camera equipment the council paid thousands on and hid in something like an old sofa I think to catch the fly tipper(s)..... The bin men promptly removed the sofa (and camera
) and disposed of it

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Ohhh just having some fun, something they have not chipped and banned yet. If you are from the US then maybe you are not aware of how it works in the UK. We pay two main forms of Tax, Income tax to the Government, and then pay Council Tax, which covers local amenities such as schools, police, leisure centres and rubbish. My Council tax is apx 5% of my salary. Every year there is a 3-4% rise in my council tax. My water rates went up by 10%, my Gas and Electric cost have been rising every bill and due to the housing bubble rent has gone up every year 10%. in the last 3 years I have received a 1% pay rise. Every time the council outsources a service and starts charging do they take it of the bill...........of course they don't, you just pay twice now.

To combat rubbish, the council put Chips in bins and then start charging you for collecting rubbish. My costs go up again.

The Government have now also decided that all dogs need to be chipped and must have insurance. So I have to pay to chip my dog and I have to pay an insurance company. My costs go up again.

My bank has introduced new bank charges, so unless I pay them £12.50 extra a month my last 3 bank charges have gone up 120%. My costs go up again.

I do not believe they are putting chips in bins to spy, but they could, I object because its another tax grab and I just can not afford any more costs.

You may not live in this atmosphere and I envy you, you wonder why we are paranoid about these things when the Government have introduced a criminal record bureau check for anyone who spends time with children. The only people that can apply for that license must work for a CRB approved company so as an individual you cant apply for one. A young girl unemployed looking to work for free in the community by providing dance lessons to young children at a local school is denied the option as she is not a CRB approved client. In Watford parents are not even allowed to enter the playground and have to stand at the railings staring like freaks. The government is now trying to criminalise photography, they arrest you if you do not give your details to a police officer even though you legally you do not need to. In many cases the police invent and misrepresent the law to arrest you if you capture data but they now want data on our every movements.

When I leave my house in the morning there is a CCTV opposite, I get on a bus and I am tracked by CCTV on the bus and my oyster card tracks my journey. Arriving at the Tube station 28 cctv cameras follow my movements from BUS to station. In the station CCTV tracks me all the way to the Tube and out at the other side where a another host of CCTV follows me to work. Where I walk past 4 security guards, get out my electronic pass and pass into the building. At home every e-mail I send it held on file, website visit tracked etc etc etc. Now my dog and my bins are going to be chipped and tracked. At school my kids are put on a databases for misbehaviour, like a criminal record for children.

I'm poor, I'm broke, every movement is tracked, the police can stop and search at will and bend the law and if I complain that this is all getting out of hand I'm the nutter..................we have lost our way people lost our way.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
you walk in parks, canales and other open ground and you will see trash dump’t in England. and they think this will help? it will cost the council for more to move the trash from the open land. if they have stoop’t so low as to spy on are trash. we have lost all freedom :-(
hey I just found a bug in the toilet!

[edit on 31-3-2010 by buddha]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
just a hint to everyone advocating the policy of :

" locate and remove the chip "

your bin will NOT be emptied

if they attach your bin to the loader arm - and the chip reader fails to identify it , they will simply return it un emptied to the street as an ` unauthorised / unregistered bin `

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Well I don't know about you. but i'm taking thier council tax charge on the chin, and I’m going to not use their service at all. I'm going to bag everything up and take it to my local tip. This is 100% legal and cost free.

F**K the council rip off merchants, I’m not getting involved in arguments about how much I consume.

And just to P**S them off I’m going to start not recycling, everything from now on goes in the General waste bag.

If the Council want us to recycle then provide the services and equipment necessary but I’m not going to try and dig a 6 foot hole with a toothpick.

And if they start to charge for the TIP then I’ll jump in my car and drive to the council building and leave my rubbish outside their door.

All the best,

Korg.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join