It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zionism and 1948 (not what ur thinking, take a look)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anti-Evil
republicbroadcasting.org...

Israel did 9/11, ALL THE PROOF YOU NEED
“[The Israeli Mossad is] ruthless and cunning, with the capability to target U.S. forces and make it look like a Palestinian-Arab act.” -Report issued by the U.S. Army School of Advanced Military Studies (SAMS); September 2001
Interesting website, i see the logic, I'm just not sure of what we can do about it
under our form of government. which itself is in question at the moment, so until we get 0ur 0wn h0use in 0rder - the war we should be fighting will go un faught... and lets not forget about 911, lets not forget U.S.S. Liberty and we got to keep a close eye on Brittania as well, after all they are the reason we have such hard choices to make... we have been Double Crossed just like their flag says.

I'm a student of history, and I've studied the history of Palestine, and I don't at all understand people who accuse "Zionism" or "Israel" of great global misdeeds. I sort of understand the idea of the “Global Jewish conspiracy”, I mean, I don’t agree with or believe in it, but I sort of “understand” it. But Israel? Really?
So first off, the British Palestine partition plan was a colonial imposition. It was their sad attempt to not break any of the stupid promises they'd made when they were trying to win a couple world wars. There weren’t really that many Jews in Palestine during WWI, and the British needed an ally against the Turks so they promised the Arabs an independent state in Palestine if they would help the British fight the Turks. Lawrence of Arabia, all that jazz. So the British promise Palestine to the Arabs.
But then at the same time all this is happening, there are a lot of pogroms against the Jews being conducted in Eastern Europe. A couple of ambitious and idealistic European Jews devise the idea of creating a Jewish homeland in Palestine. There are already a lot of Jews living in Palestine, but they’re still a clear minority compared to Arab Christians and Muslims. These first “Zionists” create an international organization to encourage Jewish emigration to Palestine. There’s nothing sinister about it: It’s a smart idea – Jews in Europe are being oppressed, they want a home to call their own – these guys tell them they can make a new home in Palestine. At the time, tensions between Jews and Arabs in Palestine are rather low, so it’s a very inviting place to migrate compared to the persecution and anti-Semitism of Europe. Not surprisingly, people start to move there.
Then Nazism happens. Well, oh boy, more Jews are desperately trying to leave Europe. Especially when the Nazis take over most of the continent and start rounding them up and sending them to death camps. It’s not the Palestinians fault, but they sure seem to get the raw end of the problem. As more and more Jews move to Palestine, tensions start to mount. The British, who administrate Palestine at the time, are officially neutral in the conflict, but British forces help both sides at various times, with or without official sanction. All in all, my historical study has led me to conclude the British forces occupying Palestine tended to side with the Christian Arabs (who supported the Palestinians) though there were some local commanders who sympathized with the Jewish cause.
As more and more Jews flee to Palestine, tensions with the Palestinians mount, and the Palestinia leadership becomes more radical. The religious and political leader of Palestine at the time, the Mufti of Jerusalem (en.wikipedia.org...) was a Nazi sympathizer and collaborator, who met privately with Hitler, and supported Hitler’s extermination of the Jews. His support for Hitler was derived specifically from Hitler’s support of the Idea that Jews be driven, not only from Europe, but from Arab lands as well.
When the 1947 partition plan was announced, no one was happy with it. How could they be? It was no big Zionist conspiracy - a lot of the Zionists were as pissed off as the Arabs. Jews fleeing torture and death were promised a homeland by the British, who felt guilty over what happened in WW2 and the pogroms that preceded it. The Arabs were promised a homeland by the Brits in 1928 for helping them fight the Turks. Both sides wanted the whole damn thing and all either of them got was a lousy, indefensible, misshapen chunk.
Check out the 1947 UN Partition plan: en.wikipedia.org...
The Israelis were given a strategically indefensible position. Well, I suppose you could say that the Palestinian territory is equally indefensible, but it's worth remembering that the Palestinians had the collective armed forces of 5 Arab nations (including every single one of Palestine's neighbours) on their side.
Militarily, in 1948, the Palestinians and the Jews were about even. The Haganah (Israeli) militia's heaviest weapons in 1948 (when the first draft of the partition plan was announced) were some World War I artillery they stole from the British, and some re-assembled pieces they smuggled out of eastern Europe. Over the twenty years leading up to partition, there was no unified Jewish military command. There were some moderate Zionist politicians and a bunch of street-gangs/militia groups. They terrorized the British, the Palestinians, each other... whatever. The Palestinians weren’t much better; they had their own terrorist groups. Both sides engaged in atrocities – I’ve personally studied many of them that were committed by both sides. All of it appals me, but there’s no black and white distinction to be seen – no clear victim; no clear aggressor – just two oppressed peoples forced to fight one another for survival.
It’s disgusting that it happened, but don’t blame the Arabs or the Jews, blame the British, or the other colonial powers that made this kind of thing possible. And say what you want about international finance capital and its role in starting the world wars, but there was very little financial support for Israel in the run up to 1948. Most of their money came in the form of private donations from American Jews fundraised by Golda Meir on her trip around the United States. No “big bankers” were funding the Jewish League, I can tell you that much. Such a notion is pure fantasy. The Zionist Jews were scraping spare dollars from Jewish Diaspora around the world through fundraisers, and buying spare parts from junkyards to assemble their own armoured vehicles.
What needs to be remembered is that because Israel wasn't a country at this point, the Jews didn't just get to "buy guns" from arms manufacturers. They had to smuggle stuff in, defying international law and smuggling them past real blockades of Arab vessels. Their exploits included smuggling an entire disassembled munitions plant into Israel disguised as industrial textile manufacturing parts, and then re-assembling it on the other side. They also managed to buy a bunch of small arms from the Czechs by using fake Angolan government notarized papers to order arms, and then bribing a ship captain to take them to Tel-Aviv. Their air force was a single recent immigrant British Jew flying a vintage British fighter plane out of an abandoned air strip.
In all fairness, the Palestinians weren't much better. They had plenty of access to weapons and ammunition through Egypt and Jordan, which meant they were better armed than the Jews, but they were badly organized, and poorly trained. Many of them were nothing more than young Arab men who had heard about what was happening, and ridden off to Palestine with nothing more than a water skin and an antique rifle, ready to fight for the holy land.
The most disciplined military organization to fight on the Palestinian side was the Arab League. These were the premier Arab soldiers; stationed in Jordan and trained and commanded by British officers. But they were ordered only to fight for territory expressly given to the Palestinians by the UN Partition plan, so they concentrated on Jerusalem and the West Bank. The rest of the Palestinian fighters were commanded by various tribal chieftains and warlords.
Many village youths were pressed into service by militia groups, but this happened on both sides. Many young Jewish immigrants to Palestine, fleeing persecution in Europe - literally right off the boat - were handed weapon and uniform, and thrust onto buses for Jerusalem and the front lines by the Haganah. There are accounts of buses full of 15, 16, and 17 year old boys, all from different countries in Europe, who all spoke different languages, literally being handed a rifle and sent into battle with no idea what was going on, and no one who could explain it to them.
When the British withdrew from Palestine, they did so to the sound of bagpipes. On both sides of the British dividing position, Jewish and Palestinian fighters waited, ready. The moment the British positions were vacated, Jews and Arabs alike rushed to the British posts from their respective lines, and the fighting started immediately. Most of them didn’t even have weapons; they fought with Molotov cocktails, homemade grenades, and with whatever else was at hand.
The same night that the UN voted to accept the Palestine Partition Plan, David Ben Gurion read the announcement of the Declaration of the State of Israel on the radio from Tel Aviv. In Audio recordings of this address, preserved to this day, you can still hear the sound of bombs going off in the background, and Ben Gurion’s apology, as he says they must cut the address short – the Egyptians are bombing Tel Aviv.
I’m not going to spend a whole lot of time talking about the war of 1948-49. I’ve written academic papers on it, and I don’t feel like reproducing them here. It was a fascinating conflict, and I encourage anyone who is interested in military history to study it thoroughly. If you have only a casual interest I highly recommend the book “Oh Jerusalem” : en.wikipedia.org...! It is one of the finest, most objective; historical and personal explorations of the 1948 War and the founding of Israel.
I was originally going to expand this post to the Suez crisis, 1967, 1973, and beyond, but I now feel no need. I imagine this post will generate controversy enough. And there Is little I can say to sway anyone’s opninion.
All I can say is this:
Do your own research. And I don’t mean reading ATS or David Icke – I mean reading an honest to God book – like the kind you find at a public library or academic institution. If you’re able, preferably stick to primary historical documents, though there are many good collections of these you can find at Universities.
So much anti-Israel-ism these days is just instititutionalized anti-Semitism. I know that sounds cliché and apologetic in our current political climate, but that doesn’t make it any less the case. I have yet to meet a single “Palestinian Freedom” protestor who actually knew anything about the history of Israel and the 1948 war. They all seem like mindless zombie clones spouting the same old propaganda – completely oblivious to the historical reality. I’m not saying the Jews are blameless – good Lord, the treatment of the Palestinian people has been appalling! – But people need to have an appreciation for what’s actually been going on, and it isn’t anything like the “myth” that the modern leftist/conspiracy movement has presented.
I really want people to read about this conflict and come to their own conclusions. This demonization of either party needs to stop. Both sides did terrible things; both sides continue to do terrible things.
It needs to end, and It won’t end so long as we perpetuate violence with hatred.

[edit on 5-3-2010 by RedBird]

[edit on 5-3-2010 by RedBird]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by RedBird

Unbiased, informative, very nice job RedBird. Hopefully I can chime in with more, but just wanted to say good job for the moment. Let me chew on this and I'll be back...no pun intended.

Peace

P.S. You might want to put some breaks in the writing so people don't get lost, but other then that...Bravo.

[edit on 5-3-2010 by letthereaderunderstand]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by RedBird

Thanks for the very informative thread. Hope to see more from you in the future as you seem very knowledgeable and educated.

Although there are always narrow minded individuals everywhere, in my opinion most of the "anti-Israel" sentiment you see on ATS is not pertaining Israeli people but rather their government's harsh treatments of Arabs as was seen by the overly disproportional reactions in Gaza, or even neighboring Lebanon. What was that over two missing solders? Does that justify killing thousands?

I personally sympathize with what many Jews have gone through in the past. I also think they are very hard working people and they don't necessarily support the actions of their government just like most Americans. That being said, I believe that there is a very racist sentiment used by the Israeli government toward the Arabs and they simply don't view them as human beings.

I believe the fact that world leaders just sit idle and allow such war crimes as the use of white phosphorus, and in fact give tax payers money to fund such actions just adds to peoples anger. So the beef is really not with the Jewish people and the anti-Semitic counter argument is also not helping things.

[edit on 5-3-2010 by endlessknowledge]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Well pronounced (part) of history. We always end discussion with my Jewish friends with statement: There is no just side in this f..g conflict. They are all natural born Israeli, they are all emigrants from Israel and they all say: I don't want to raise my children in this fascist state. Many of them now live in Germany ...
Very interesting is start of Zionists movement. Especially financial background. And later (background) development is also interesting. To whom was Balfour declaration addressed? Heh this is conspiracy site

EDIT: (still) poor grammar ...

[edit on 5-3-2010 by zeddissad]

top topics

join