It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about ATS mobile and an idea that you may like...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I'm aware of the current ATS mobile link and even though I'm able to use the actual ATS website on my phone, the mobile version is a bit easier to navigate.

However I did have an idea I was hoping ATS admins may be able to add to the site.

If you aren't aware, facebook has a mobile service that you simply put in your cell number and you receive updates on the things you wish to get updates for.

So, for example, imagine if we had this for ATS - I could set my mobile updates for things like responses to my thread(s), U2Us, comments, ect...

Is there anyway this could be possibly implemented into the current system, or is this asking a bit too much? Since the site is going to be redone sooner than later I thought this might be a good idea as an add-on.

Comments welcome.

[edit on 4-3-2010 by highlyoriginal]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

I agree, but it would be a work of epic proportions (and man hour) to do so, and would see very little revenue for the owners. (and therefor not worth the time nor the money)

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by groomlake9

Well maybe there could be ads that are sent to your phone periodically if you sign up. That way this could be implemented at no cost, or for very little cost. All ATS would have to promise is to send ads to those using the service every so often - anyone who signs up for this sort of 'mobile interface' would be aware of this beforehand and have to digitally sign/agree that they are of of legal age (18) and accept the texts that will automatically be sent to them periodically.

Maybe it could be something like every time you use the interface you'd get an ad shown to you before and after using it. Or, something like 2 ads per day if the interface is used, or for whomever is signed up for the program...

I think it could be done, it would just take some time and I think a lot of people would use it, I know that I would. I use the facebook mobile for important things such as messages from certain people/groups, it's much easier than having to login especially when I'm very busy and don't feel like dealing with getting to a computer and having to physically login to see the information I need.

I also am signed up to have earthquake information sent to me from USGS everytime there is a 6.0+ mag earthquake - this is literally the fastest system to be warned of an earthquake. I get information DIRECTLY after the earthquake happens its the fastest way to get the info and its very well done.

Just wanted to give some examples of how these sort of interfaces help me out, and others.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I think that there should be a ATS iphone app

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kurt Turner
I think that there should be a ATS iphone app

I was going to say the same exact thing! That would be AWESOME!

top topics

join