It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 2009 Financial Report Of The U.S. Government Is Out - America's Economic Goose Is Cooked

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

The 2009 Financial Report Of The U.S. Government Is Out - America's Economic Goose Is Cooked

The 2009 Financial Report Of The U.S. Government has finally been released, and the news is not good. It basically confirms much of what we already know - that the United States government is a complete financial mess. The U.S. government budget deficit for 2009 was a record-setting 1.417 trillion dollars. The total liabilities of the U.S. government rose from 12.178 trillion dollars at the end of 2008 to 14.123 trillion dollars by the end of 2009. At their present rates of growth, the interest on the national debt and spending on entitlement programs will gobble up almost every single dollar of federal revenue by the end of the decade. Throughout the report, the word "unsustainable" is repeatedly used. The authors of the report understand that the U.S. government simply cannot keep spending and borrowing like it has been recently. But if the U.S. government slows down this reckless spending even a little bit it could literally plunge the U.S. economy into a deflationary depression. In fact, even with all of the "bailouts" and "stimulus packages" there are many who would argue that we are already in a depression. In any event, the authors of the report make it clear that the United States government is facing a financial crisis of unprecedented magnitude.

Read the full article here

Here is a link to 2009 Financial Report Of The U.S. Government.

Like the article says, this just confirms everything we already knew. However I thought it would be good to share this since it explains the information in good context that everyone can easily read and understand (user friendly I guess I'd say).

I'd like to see how ATSers respond to this since this is an ongoing issue to us all, it doesn't matter where you live, in the US or not, because the US effects the whole world (unfortunately).

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by highlyoriginal

Like the article says, this just confirms everything we already knew.

Ur right, it does confirm everything we already knew. All the foreign countries who carry our debt knew this also. So when does the light switch actually turn off and someone officially declares the "party is over"!
When that happens, what happens next?

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm

Originally posted by highlyoriginal

Like the article says, this just confirms everything we already knew.

Ur right, it does confirm everything we already knew. All the foreign countries who carry our debt knew this also. So when does the light switch actually turn off and someone officially declares the "party is over"!
When that happens, what happens next?

Not quite sure what happens next but I'm sure it won't be good, mass riots, looting, murders stuff along that line. If our whole government system was to end today it would also have MAJOR impacts to other countries economy also. Could turn out being just one huge global anarchist event. Lets hope that doesn't happen but, things sure look like its pointing in that direction.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensdoexist
Not quite sure what happens next but I'm sure it won't be good, mass riots, looting, murders stuff along that line. If our whole government system was to end today it would also have MAJOR impacts to other countries economy also. Could turn out being just one huge global anarchist event. Lets hope that doesn't happen but, things sure look like its pointing in that direction.

That's exactly what I was saying - I agree with you completely. The US economy effects the whole world whether the rest of the world likes to admit it or not. The USD failing is hurting everyone, not just the US economy. I'm glad I found this link I think it will help some people realize things that they have been questioning for a while, and maybe it will make people search around a bit to find more information for themselves to clarify what is being said in this article (however I believe this article pretty much explains it all).

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Hold on...this report counts the deficit in allocated funds. Remember most of the TARP monies haven't been physically spent yet. Not to say they won't but this report seems skewed. We don't go from 12 to 14 trillion deficit technically until we spend the money, which we haven't yet.

What about state CAFR funds? Retirement benefit accounts of federal and state employees. It is said that many states have 30+ years of surplus retirement and benefit accounts sitting on their books.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

That is the most depressingly correct analysis I have heard yet,and I thought they were bad before!

The house of cards is about to fall.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

If you can find better, and more correct information than the article I have provided then please share but the post above this one I'm making now pretty much explains exactly how most people are going to react...

This is not good to hear, but it is good to be aware and warned.

And by the way... the house of cards is already falling, the house was just a bit big and is on its way down currently...

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Aww, c'mon guys. Stiffen up that upper lip. Here, how about some trigger words to lighten the mood.

"RECOVERY!"

"LOWER UNEMPLOYMENT!"

"GROWTH!"

"UPWARD TREND!"

No? Not working anymore? Damn... I thought that would work for sure. After all, that is all that big brother has to say to make everything seem alright. Darn... now what?

Oh yeah... that's right. There are some people who said that the recovery was a farse... and that the REAL depression hasn't even hit yet. What loonies. I mean, for serious guys, look at the stock markets! They is over ten THOUSANDS!

Well, at least some of us will be able to say - "I told you so." But I guess it won't be a really joyous and fun moment.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Can anyone say beans and rice start stocking up now!

I knew this was coming the government can only hold the over inflated Stock Market for so long.
It is going to be a tough ride folks. Perhaps, this is what was needed, in order to get these corrupt cronies out of office who’ve have helped the world banking corporations suck the life out of this country.

I see a revolution coming to a town near you.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by impressme

Get them while they are hot! In related news, India has begun banning certain food exports because their is low supply.

www.indiainfoline.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Although I'm not an American, I've been following this situation kinda closely for a while, since your economy effects the whole world. I have also been thinking the house of cards is coming down for almost two years starting with the claps of the dollar. However, despite all the bailouts and all the money printing, the dollar has actually gained value compare to other currencies such as the euro.

To me it seems like all this economic claps talk is just helping gun sales and TPTB have too much control over everything. A full-out claps doesn't seem to be in their best interest and they don't need any riots and protests. Why would they force you to revolt? How will that help them? They seem to want to drain and milk the system slowly and continue the imperialism overseas and a full crash wont help this. Besides they have the whole world involved(or should I say forced) in to this ponzi scheme. So as long they're buying the printer isn't stopping.

I'm not saying a claps won't happen, I just don't think it will not be a sudden halt to the system more like a gradual drainage. So don't blow your savings on survival gear just yet.

Just my two cents.

[edit on 5-3-2010 by endlessknowledge]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by endlessknowledge

First, who knows exactly what the powers that be want? Who knows if they want the economy to completely collapse or not...? Maybe it will help them because they then will introduce the new 'savior' of the world and rebuild in NWO format.

And this has been going on for a while, this 'drainage' have been happening for a long time... it is going to come to a big halt very soon - a complete halt.

I agree with you not to blow your life savings on survival gear, but I recommend putting aside a decent stack of cash and buying some survival gear ASAP - at least the bare minimum to keep you alive in case of total collapse which will happen sooner or later because the economy is not going to bounce back like Obama keeps saying it is. It's a lie... the only way it will bounce back is if the politicians are all replaced with people who are represented BY THE PEOPLE. And I don't see that happening anytime soon, if ever. This is not a democracy and we all know it. We are slaves of the system, and the system is failing therefore the slaves (which are all of us) are going to have more control over our lives, which really means we will end up having to revolt or our lives will suffer so much we wont want to live anymore.

So people please stock up on foods that will last for up to a year or more, there are packages available online if you have the money - if not learn how to package your own food (check out the survival forms there is a lot of information there on how to do this).

I have seen things like the "48 hour pack" which is a backpack with enough supplies for 1 person to survive for at least 48 hours in any conditions pretty much that mother nature can throw at us. It would be a good idea to sit down with your family/roommates and set up an emergency plan - have your assets put aside and try and put your money into some sort of precious metal(s). I recommend silver personally, or platinum, I would say gold but there is fake gold out there and not to mention it is more expensive to buy gold since buying it in small quantities ups the price a lot. With silver you have a much better chance of being able to buy large quantities since it's cheaper - but it will still be in demand if the economy collapses since it can be used for a lot of things not to mention it is still considered a precious metal.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by endlessknowledge

I would think a 5% increase in unemployment over a month, would be indicative of a predictable trend. If 10% were to occur, it would be a self-evident trend with collapse imminent. In a situation like that, it can be reasonably expected that there will be mass riots and generally anarchy. As the country deteriorates, unemployment will increase and violence would increase exponentially. It is a self feeding cycle.

The government would behave IMHO as they did with Katrina, slowly. Let the masses initiate the culling of maybe 2 million of the strongest individuals plus 30-40 million as collateral damage through stealing food and resources, and acquiring territory (numbers could be higher or lower obviously, it depends on the speed of the collapse, the faster it is the more violence there will be). Then afterward, the government could bring in the military and martial law, and they would have a generally less aggressive and very afraid population to deal with. Of course there would be cells of overly aggressive "warlords" but the military would probably make pretty quick work of those.

If the anarchy spreads, as I expect it would, since the global population should recognize what their governments and handlers have done, then we can expect to see the same kind of response globally. Information would probably travel by HAM or Shortwave radio with or without digital augmentation.

In effect a global individualistic movement vying for pole position could kill off 10 to 15% of the world population. Disease and starvation would take another 25 to 50% especially if helped along by a mildly effective flu or other diseases that could normally be treated with medicines that won't be available to the general population.

So, the initially culling that could occur due to America's fall could be as high as 4 billion people worldwide. With only 2.5 or so billion people left and very few alpha males who aren't in the pay of the PTB. It isn't a hard stretch to see another 2 billion people in the Soylent Green machine leaving 500 million or so as is required by the UN mandates on sustainability.

A bit dark, yes, but a few years in scenarios and outcomes with the military as well as in hot zones will do that to you. I'd say stock up, it's a good idea anyway simply because if things don't go seriously "south," you still have food and supplies for a long time. If you have rural property, fortify it if you can and stock your rivers, ponds and lakes with fish. Print out chemistry and survival manuals, you never know when you might be able to use the information.

If you want some tips on how to create simple security, I can probably be available to give some advice (since I operated in national security systems, strategy and engineering/R&D overseas) and possibly I'll even make schematics. I will only supply information on defensive systems.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   

I understand that the system is flowed and people are suffering. But the people on top have more control than you think. They have the world dependent on the US dollar and the America citizens right where they want them. With all the printing of money and low interest rates you should be seeing a much higher inflation than your seeing right now. Just cause things are bad for the average American does not mean they are losing control. In fact the bailouts goes to show you that they benefited from the recession as they found a way to further enslave you with more dept with no direct damage to the dollar. Who's to say they wont have another bailout?

I know many Americans are tired of the status quo and want a change. But just as Obama was a false hope for change, so is a full-out claps. IMO

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

Are you sure your real name isn't Alex Jones
Just kidding. But on a serious note, it seems like there is a great deal of fear surrounding your economy. But fear is never a good thing and can be used against you. These talks have been going on for years and the only thing that has changed is that your more broke now than you were before. I think you will see another war before you see a claps.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by endlessknowledge

I understand that the system is flowed and people are suffering. But the people on top have more control than you think. They have the world dependent on the US dollar and the America citizens right where they want them. With all the printing of money and low interest rates you should be seeing a much higher inflation than your seeing right now. Just cause things are bad for the average American does not mean they are losing control. In fact the bailouts goes to show you that they benefited from the recession as they found a way to further enslave you with more dept with no direct damage to the dollar. Who's to say they wont have another bailout?

I know many Americans are tired of the status quo and want a change. But just as Obama was a false hope for change, so is a full-out claps. IMO

First can you please stop saying 'claps' the correct spelling is collapse.

Second, you think I don't know how much control the US government has over its public masses? Not to mention the rest of the world? Think again. No one is trying to spread fear - we are merely trying to spread the facts so people can prepare, that is it. The fear mongering is done by the MSM and government. Telling people to prepare and get survival gear together is not going to hurt anyone, worst case scenario you have extra food/water and supplies sitting around and who knows maybe a huge natural disaster could occur and you'll need the supplies anyway.

I don't see the economy lasting much longer, and I hope that the soldiers of the US military realize the people at home are suffering so much because of the ongoing wars that they will not turn against their citizens. However, the government promises a lot of things to their military in return for their services. Things that most Americans do not have access to these days such as health care and guaranteed income. There's also a lot of false hope given to the people in the military - promises of economic rebuilding for their success in murdering thousands of people just to protect oil that isn't even theirs to protect in the first place.

We need to make the military realize they cannot go along with martial law if it is indeed implemented because that would just be hell. None of us would be able to handle it well, it would be complete anarchy. We would be hiding out in our homes or having to be on the run with as much survival gear + weapons/ammo as we can carry. Driving would only take you so far because gas would be impossible to get after a certain point. That is another thing to stock up on, gasoline. Enough to drive a thousand miles maybe would be good to have laying around. And having plans for situations such as full economical collapse is not a bad idea like I said - talk to your family/friend and your neighbors. Working together is something you will need to do when TSHF and you need to know who you can trust. Everyone will be after all of your stuff, you will be looted/robbed if you do not fend off these people. So don't take this as a way to install fear into you - take this all as a fair warning of what may be to come. It's not just some scenario people have decided to make up, it's a scenario that is very possible/likely to happen if things keep declining at the rapid rate that they are currently.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
No group has a vested interest in seeing anarchy or blood running in the streets. IMO the TPTB would develop another "Ponzi scheme" just to keep order and to keep us on the flywheel in our rat cages. Not to be completely contrary or anything, but consider if certain factors appear to affect the perception of economic performance, it is entirely possibly to simply change the measurements and thus manipulate the public outlook. The "realization" or hypnosis of "the economy" has magnified over my life time when the attitude was "oh yeah, the economy" or "gas sure is expensive" instead of the omnipotence and omnipresence of economic concern throughout every segment of society (at least in the US).

It seems most likely that those controlling the message will continue to placate the masses with a revised-but-sustainable outlook on economics - even if that involves redefining wealth and completely revamping the fiat money system. When the elites are truly bankrupt, collapse may occur - but as long as there are means and resources to control, power can be maintained.

gj

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Well I'm just glad that this information has been posted publically and I'm glad it was able to be shared with ATSers because it's not very often we get to see such correct data showing everything that we have been fearing to be true.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
The U.S. government debt picture isn't that bad, and no where near a historical high.

The bigger problem is that the rules governing banking and finance need to be written to re-establish personal liability into the process, so that the people in the finance industry can once again be held accountable for their actions.

A great deal more effort need to be made to create jobs for the middle class, and help small businesses grow.

Funny how the people currently harping on fed gov debt are the ones who created all that debt, the republicans who ran all of these huge federal deficits.

What worked in the nineties?

top topics

join