It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mark of the Beast is the Status Quo

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Preamble: I present the following knowing full well there is no exact interpretation agreed on for the mark of the beast; however, please limit comments to the discussion I presented. I am well aware of other possibilities for the mark of the beast and we do not need to rehash those.

We have heard many interpretations of the mark of the beast and the number of the beast for much time and I do not intend to solve this matter once and for all based on my opinion. That said, I do intend to speculate what that mark is based on how it presented within the bible and how I believe the mark of the beast is already distributed across the planet. In fact many of us that do not see the lies in everything surrounding us have accept the mark of the beast and we knew it not.

Let me start off by quoting Chuck Baldwin a pastor and devout Christian.
www.newswithviews.com...

“Regardless of how one interprets the Book of Revelation, I think most all believers will accept the Apostle John's warning that the spirit of antichrist is already in the world. (I John 2:18; 4:3) Can we not readily agree that anything that resembles antichrist is a form of antichrist?

….

Regardless of one's politics or religion, the spirit of Big Brother, the spirit of military aggression, the spirit of occultism, the spirit of a police state mentality, the spirit of deception are all part of the spirit of antichrist.

Therefore, whether one identifies himself as a premillennialist or a postmillennialist or anything in between; whether we believe in a Rapture or not; no matter what our understanding of Eschatology might be, every Christian has a duty to "resist the devil" in any form in which he reveals himself. And that certainly means that any political leader, regardless of party, who embodies or exemplifies the spirit of antichrist, must be resisted. Anything less means to accept, in a way, the mark of the beast.”

The 10 Kings of Revelation 17
The 10 Kings of Revelation 17 have been interpreted to be the merchants of the earth that will rule with the antichrist (New World Order). So merchants not assigned to a kingdom will give their power to the beast so that they may receive a Kingdom from the beast was the antichrist (New World Order) is in power.

Read more about this interpretation
home.bluemarble.net...

In essence the Anti-Christ is not a man, but the beast has elevated the Anti-Christ to a position of authority as a living breathing body over man. NEW WORLD ORDER.

The beast throughout the bible has been described in many ways but is mainly a group of nations or ideals.

Daniel 7:23 “Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces.”

Daniel 7:24 “And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.”

What we have here based on the above interpretations is that nations will be corrupted and work against the will of GOD.

What is the Mark of the Beast then if the above is true? What could it be logically? We know that the number 666 would be given through deception to nearly everyone on the planet so that they may buy and sell. It would be placed on their forehead or on their right hand. We have seen many interpretations of what 666 could mean. Most believe it to be a chip that is implanted. Interpretations of 666 are so many that everyone has their own opinion…I merely present mine.

I have established that I believe the NEW WORLD ORDER is in fact a legal body that comes in the name of peace and prosperity supported by the beasts that came before. The nations and the merchants that have given up thinking for themselves have given their power so that they may rule with the Anti-Christ.

Anti-Christ = New World Order

Beasts = Nations that support the deception

Kings = The corporations that sold out to the beasts system of deception

Mark of the Beast = 666

Forehead or Hand = Thoughts (Thinking) or Labor (Actions)

666 = 6x6x6 is the dimensions of a cube or a box

6x6x6 = a box

A box = A forced way of thinking, the status quo, political correctness even though none is the truth. A box traps the mind into limited consciousness.

To take it one step further a cube when unfolded looks like the image below no matter how you unfold it.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8903736f44f6.png[/atsimg]

[edit on 5-3-2010 by ExPostFacto]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
So the question: How many of you see the deception in the world? Can't you see all beliefs are holding us hostage? Until we stand up and say "I AM" and understand that everyone else will be saying "I AM TOO" we won't move forward. We are all different. Our soul is different, but we all are free. Absolutely free to reject any belief structure at any time, and to stand firmly in one spot and say I AM Peace! I AM Love! I AM Free! Are you okay with others being just as free as you? You will be once you realize how far you have been deceived to believe you are some physical person with rights granted by man.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

That's basically what Christ was trying to say when he said, "Live and let live." Who am I, you or anyone else to judge the beliefs of others. If everyone would quit squabbling over beliefs, we are all inevitably wrong in the grand scheme of things anyway, it would be a much more peaceful world.

[edit on 5-3-2010 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
thank you that was very intresting the only thing is though the mark of the beast is not just 666 it is six hundred and sixty six so you not be able to do 6x6x6 if you see wat i mean

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Actually, the number of the beast, as we can see from the oldest copies of Revelation that we have available, is 616 and refers to the Greek form of Hebrew gematria. Revelation also states that it is the number of a man, meaning it is the name of a man, consistent with gematria.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowflux

That's right according to other ancient sources the mark of the beast has been disputed as 616 instead of 666. As to the number referring to a specific man, you have to look at the whole bible as a reference for that interpretation. In many interpretations the mark of the beast is "the number of man." Not a man. I could presume if the mark is the number of man that my theory would still hold true, that the box of limited thinking is created by man and perpetuated by man.

Like I stated in the preamble this portion of the bible is the most disputed and the theories are all over the place. I am just applying the mark to real world situations I observe in this world right now.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Excellent thread !

I really think, what you say makes perfect sense. It even has my thoughts on the subject in it. The antichrist as a group of people.

The Box concept is a perfect explanation for society today.

I believe it must be easy to see it happening to. Are there, right now changes in power happening and if so, are they big enough to fit the predictions ?

[edit on 5/3/10 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Yep 616 I'll agree to that. Also I don't think Francis Rossi is that bad, I wouldn't call him the anti-Christ even though they are a terrible band.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

You might be interested in reading through the following sermon.

www.hisholychurch.net...

The word RECEIVE [his] mark comes from the Greek word lambano, and means “to take with the hand, lay hold of, any person or thing in order to use it; to take up a thing to be carried; take possession of, i.e. to appropriate to one’s self … to receive what is offered; not to refuse or reject… give him access to one’s self.”

In the word lambano there is nothing about a tattoo or the injection of a chip into the hand. Taking the mark is about receiving what is offered, it is simply a matter of not refusing or rejecting an offer. It is about an acceptance or to receive what is offered.

We do see the word HAND at the end of the text which is translated from the word khire. Its definition is expressed as “1) by the help or agency of any one, by means of any one.” It is clear by this definition that the word is not limited to the concept of the physical appendage.

The preposition IN could lead us believe the mark must go inside the hand. The word ‘in’ in this verse is translated from the word epi. It is a generic preposition that is translated many different ways. For example, it is translated on, in, upon, come to, by, at, before, over, etc.

There can be no assumption that the mark actually enters the flesh of the hand. One may obtain the use of mark or badge of servitude without ever even touching it with the physical hand. Khire expresses that you may receive the use of the mark through the help or agency of any one.

FOREHEAD is translated from metopon and is defined the space between the eyes, the forehead. Some people have suggested that the mark is a lithium powered microchip injected along the hairline near the ear. Again, there is no reason to make that assumption.

The word metopon is often associated with memory or thought. If you only need to remember the name or the number associated with the mark, it could be assumed that the physical possession of a mark is not even necessary, and that the reference to the forehead or the space between the eyes is cognizant of the mind, thought or memory.

The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: Revelation 14:10

More interesting is this sermons final interpretation of the mark of the beast and what it signifies. If my interpretation is correct, if your interpretation is correct and you agree with me...there are hundreds of thousands that are getting it right now. The system of man is a lie, built to benefit a few.

The Mark of the Beast is a badge of servitude which you can receive and carry with you or you may just remember its' number. Without it, you will not have much access to the commercial or political benefits of society. You may be excluded from the market place by policy and law.

The modern mark identifies you and is used to prove who is a member entitled. Those with a numerical identifier your faith, hope, and charity may be tested in hard times.

The mark of God is faith, hope, and charity under that perfect law of liberty. It is mercy and justice. It is forgiving and forgiveness. It is thanksgiving among free people. It is about loving God and loving your neighbor as your self. Those who do not cultivate the love of God will feed the beast in their own hearts and minds and in the world.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Very interesting !

It would also explain any other prediction in the bible on topic.

When a society gets in the hands of a few, people stand up and leave a warning to the future.

I think this meaning is very plausible indeed. Do you think it would have other effects if it is correct ?

I mean if it is, it is a warning for people not to accept a way of life forced on to them from birth.

I think we are at The point in time we are able to prevent our enslavement if we fail, we're screwed.
Modern technology makes it almost impossible to escape such a dreadful future.
But I also believe this has happened before.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

www.hisholychurch.net...

When looking at the above, the guy obviously understands that words in the bible have been specifically altered to give more physical interpretations of the bible. Life as used in the bible translates to spirit. It talks of many interpretations like that that give new meaning to the events of revelations. In my opinion, the end times is a spiritual event. Those tied in with the system, derive their power from that system. Look around. All these professionals that have determined they have a right to make decisions for people, to judge them, to punish them. They claim to be doing justice, but do justice through control, power, and greed.

How many that are rich think they earned it. Or did they exploit it from another? What this article is stating is that people who buy into the system will be happy marrying, having fun when the end comes. It comes like a thief in the night for them. They will be left with not knowing who they even are as they have built their house on a fragile foundation and it will be brought down. When the lies are exposed they won't understand the depth in which they were fooled. Meanwhile the people who see through the lie are having a terrible time coping with life. They will be lifted up when it all comes crashing down. And yet they won't freak out because their house was built on truth of who they were.

I think if the above interpretations are correct, it says a lot more about the bible and prophecy in general. It says, our beast of a system is going to fall hard and fast. Through that falling many people not fond of the system will stick out like beacons in the night. They will be excited when it comes crashing down.

What it means is that the bible is accurate, but misinterpreted. Free Will is GOD's world, not controlled will.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Yes !

Free will is the key.
How would you try to achieve a goal where mingling will cause Free will, never happens.

Give them a book with guide lines to follow.
On the subject Anarchy I was discussing this 'Free will' idea with muzzleflash

He agreed to !

I think we've got something here !

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Here is a passage that makes a lot of sense with the idea that God came to unlock us from the prison of man.

Matthew 10:34"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn
" 'a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law -
36a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.'

To me he is saying he came to wake people up. By waking people up he would cause some people to turn against others. While one will pursue truth the other will not. Maybe he came to show us that the "box" we live in is not worth all the argument.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
without freedom we are no more than our beautiful suffering animal friends who are brutalised by brutes for profit.
The mark of the beast surely is the forfietimng of our civil rights that took thousands of years of suffering by humanity to evolve.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
How can anyone quote bible verses as fact or prophecy ???

you might as well be quoting a coloring book.

The antichrist has come and gone, it is the man who is responsible for exiling apostle John the author of revelations.

I'm sure it did seem like an apocalypse of sorts for the christians of the time.

It is the number of a man, ... that man is Nero Caesar !!

sorry everyone, case closed.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I was watching this pastor infomercial saying 7 signs of the antichrist to look for and he is here. He also said that a woman scarlet clothed will be atop the beast and she is a harlot. Harlot meaning prostitute and she will be the opposite of the pure virgins the bible speaks of, lying in filth of fornication I think he put it , a type of red clothed . And the beast will have 7 horns and 10 heads and numerology is the study of numbers ever think you know 1 "0". The beast with a massive head injury. And said he will seem like a lamb but speak like a dragon , and that meant or was attributed to seem christ like but really be of satan. And he said he will speak of a new religion and of a roman empire.

[edit on 7-3-2010 by P. O. W.]

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
This video lecture "From Darwin to Hitler" may prove informative to this thread, considering the anti-religious nature of evolution:

www.youtube.com...

Can we have "evolutionary ethics" --

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
This is pretty fascinating stuff. Hats off to the OP and contributors.

It's a good reminder of the pitfalls of attempting to read the bible "literally." Christ spoke in parables and there is no sane way (IMHO) to take parts of the bible like Revelation, the prophetic portions of Daniel, etc. "literally." They must be complex metaphors for...something.

To those who know about gematria or other similar systems of interpretation: What are main gematric-style takes on "666" (χξϛʹ) or "616" (χιϛʹ)? The majority scholarly take seems to be that it is a code for Roman emperors, etc. (usually Nero is named). Any other possible ideas we can toss around here?

A fact that is interesting, too: if you add up the first 36 numbers, the sum total is 666:

1+2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9+10...+36 = 666

[edit on 3/7/10 by silent thunder]

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Most people make the mistake of trying to find a mathematical meaning for 666.

The key is in an assumption about the nature of Revelation.

John was imprisoned on Patmos when he wrote Revelation...
...and he wanted to get a letter of encouragement to the churches in Asia Minor...
...in a form that would be unintelligible to the island guards.

What John did was to write it in a literary format...
...that was essentially a compilation of 600+ references from the Old Testament manuscripts....
...outlining the triumph of Jesus and how this would unfold in the future.

Based on this asumption the 666 motif will be found in the Old Testament somewhere.

The symbol is found in Daniel chapter 2 and 3.

Nebuchadnezzar has a dream of the image of a metal man that outlines the succession of Gentile kingdoms that would extend from his Babylon until the end of the world...
...the head was Gold and represented Babylon...
...the chest and arms were silver and represented Medo/Persian empire...
...Bronze = Greece, Iron = Rome followed by a conglomerate of iron and clay...
...which are an apt illustration of the current modern power arrangements.

But Nebuchadnezzar is not too cool about being succeeded...
...so he has a metal image contructed entirely of Gold...
...in defiance of the dream, which was saying in effect that Babylon will never be succeeded.

Here it is...

Daniel 3:1-11 Nebuchadnezzar the king made an image of gold, whose height was threescore cubits, and the breadth thereof six cubits: he set it up in the plain of Dura, in the province of Babylon. 2 Then Nebuchadnezzar the king sent to gather together the princes, the governors, and the captains, the judges, the treasurers, the counsellors, the sheriffs, and all the rulers of the provinces, to come to the dedication of the image which Nebuchadnezzar the king had set up. 3 Then the princes, the governors, and captains, the judges, the treasurers, the counsellors, the sheriffs, and all the rulers of the provinces, were gathered together unto the dedication of the image that Nebuchadnezzar the king had set up; and they stood before the image that Nebuchadnezzar had set up. 4 Then an herald cried aloud, To you it is commanded, O people, nations, and languages, 5 That at what time ye hear the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, dulcimer, and all kinds of musick, ye fall down and worship the golden image that Nebuchadnezzar the king hath set up: 6 And whoso falleth not down and worshippeth shall the same hour be cast into the midst of a burning fiery furnace."

6 cubits wide
60 cubits high (three score 3x20)
6 musical instruments play and everyone must worship the image.

What the Mark of the Beast is then in principle in Revelation...
...is reference to a power/person who like Nebuchadnezzar defies prophecy and the will of God...
...to focus on a single world power and himself...
...and establishes his rule by threat of death to anyone who opposes it.

The message of Daniel 3 is that those who oppose him will be delivered.

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   

REV 13: etc[...]

And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon.

And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him,
and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed. (Neo-Nazi-Fascism & blood-Banker Ideology)

And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by [the means of] those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed. (a statue of the 1st beast~Man, is the reasonable deduction) and not a political or commercial system

And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. (mark/name/number of the future neo-nazi-banker)

Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the (1st) beast:
six hundred three-score six...

the focus on just the number of the 1st beast, is a way for the masses to be confused as to whom/what the 'hero' really is because many others who refuse to take on his #, will take on the 'Mark' or the 'Name' of the iconic man instead.

but Note, the 2nd beast is the actual worker of miracles, the enforcer of the new economic system,
the 1st beast was already been mortally wounded, which allowed the 2nd beast the pathway to power and authority,
the 2nd beast is more of anti-christ than the 1st beast who is brought back to life through the high-tech iconic 'Image'...

improbable as it sounds, the German 'Kaiser'=(Caesar=Emperor), & later Hitler der Fuhrer, with all his nazi-fascist-blood banker nether world, will once again arise as the idealized system & leadership, for the social order of the not-so-far-off arrival of the 2nd Beast arising from the Land.
Who will be the actual person responsible in orchestrating the final 7 year period.

happy sunday AM

OH, i want to ADD this:
Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobiacs ... fear the number 666

[edit on 7-3-2010 by St Udio]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join