It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What has happened to our society? Is EVIL growing?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded

...... it makes me mad, pissed, and sad we have to live in this situation everyday where people value money over others.. Its sickning to say the least..

......Thanks for showing me I am not the only person on this planet to see this world is wrong and screwed up.

Can't avoid the reality...it is what it is...question is, what are we going to do/think/be to make it better?

btw, You are not alone friend....

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
call me crazy but i have researched all my life, evil vampires are taking over, and they dont feed on blood, but bad energy, have a book coming outshortly about this very thing, science and magic.
ok you call all call me crazy and insult me, but at least make them insults with style!

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by gypsyharley
call me crazy but i have researched all my life, evil vampires are taking over, and they dont feed on blood, but bad energy, have a book coming outshortly about this very thing, science and magic.
ok you call all call me crazy and insult me, but at least make them insults with style!

Sweet, I'll read it!

Bad energy huh? Is the vamp 500 yrs old

OOOOOOO-T

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

I grew up there too. I remember being 10 yrs old in 1974 and riding my bike with three friends from Old Gallows Rd to Burke Lake. It was about ten miles. I don't let my nine yr old daughter ride her bike outside our cul-de-sac without me around. At 5 yrs old, I walked myself to school. Another daughter is 7 yrs old, I would not think of leaving her at the bus stop alone.

Hard to say what has precipitated all this. The glorification of violence across our entire culture. The religious supression and fear of sexuality leading to repression and deviate behavior. The rise of fundemental evangelical "Christianity" which teaches hate and fear of anything and anyone outside their cultish clique. The epidemic of cynicism. The assendence of our corporatacracy, where major CEOs are Gods and paid more than most average U.S. towns take in in revenue.

Think about the TV shows that dominated then when we were kids: Little House on the Prairie, Happy Days, The Brady Bunch, the Waltons, MASH. All shows that had strong moral messages, and I'm not talking about bullsh*t "Christian" claims of morality, but rather basic human morality.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

It is good to hear those old familiar roads...thx!

Do the Christians really teach that?

OT

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizan

I let my girlfriend read your post, she wasn't pleased and stopped talking to me for a while and wouldn't comment on your post.

I guess the truth hurts when it is staring you in the face.

Originally posted by OldThinker

Originally posted by ThichHeaded

...... it makes me mad, pissed, and sad we have to live in this situation everyday where people value money over others.. Its sickning to say the least..

......Thanks for showing me I am not the only person on this planet to see this world is wrong and screwed up.

Can't avoid the reality...it is what it is...question is, what are we going to do/think/be to make it better?

btw, You are not alone friend....

I dont know, the person i said about above is everything CC stated, I had her read it and it was like i called her mom a whore or something..

People i feel do not want to change, they would rather live a lie than know reality. It hurts to see people like that, when i decided to go out with her I thought i can show her some of the things that i see in life and try to let her gain some perspective of things other than money, tv and other stupid crap but in the end it seemed to be a waste of time for me.

It really makes me think of an ostrich when they are scared they put thier heads in the sand.. These people are the same way, they dont like something they will put their heads in the sand and go on about it the next day like nothing has ever happened.

It really saddens me, but i have tried and I have failed, I can only do what i can change 1 idiot at a time but if that one idiot does not want to change there is nothing i can do about it.

That is why I made So911 because it would help people see things are not always as they are.

Most of this is just jibber sorry.

[edit on 3/13/2010 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Human beings are inherently evil by nature.

It's not that evil is growing but it's possible that true human nature is becoming more evident to more and more people lately.

You may argue and say that a lot of people do good things to help others but the sad truth is this: People don't help each other for the sake of the other person. They do it because the act of helping someone else makes them feel good about themselves which is in fact a selfish act in its self.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by DARKCYDE_CROWLEY

That is wrong and you know it.

I have helped people my whole life, I never expect anything in return. Not even gratitude, I makes one feel good but the fact is helping someone is not an evil act..

Whoever told you that is wack..

Alot of people do things that they do because its the right thing to do, not because they have to or because of some high..

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I believe the media DEFINITELY plays a role in this. What does one see when they watch the news, listen to the radio or read the newspaper? Mostly sensationalised garbage like Michael Clark (famous Australian cricketer) breaking up with Lara Bingle (famous Australian model). Can you believe a newspaper article on this story appeared on page3! The editor should be disciplined for not making this a front page story! (The other 3 newspapers did, how could they miss the importance!)

If it's not sensationalised garbage, it's negative stories to make people scared and frightened by the average person down the street. Another toddler down the street is mauled by a dangerous dog. Another women jogging is sexually assaulted by a mentally handicapped youth. Another celebrity trying to cash in on their infamy. The media builds up celebrities only so they can shake and bring down the pedestal at a later date. They cast the average citizen in the worst possible light whenever there is a hint of controversy.

If those first two themes are hard to capitalise on, they will present results for the most useless surveys and statistics. Did you know men are more sexually active in old age than women? I am serious, that's not a joke. Did you know that Miranda Kerr ranked 5th on the world's most beautiful women poll? A recent study found that people over the age of 35 are having less children than they were 10 years ago! Are you aware that 43% of those in a survey of 1018 people admitted that they have cheated or would cheat on their partner if they knew they wouldn't get caught?

Sensationalism, stupidity and tragedy. Evil is growing, and by utilising these methods the media is contributing.

[edit on 14/3/2010 by Dark Ghost]

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join