It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twelve New England towns demand 9/11 reinvestigation

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic_al

I'm purely interested in what Peoples first reaction was.
Not Interested in Physics, Chemistry, Science, what people people have written since,
or what they have read about on the Internet since.

It is my view Peoples Perceptions have changed and mainly due to the
Internet. I've seen the "Enhanced Photes", read testimonies from Experts that don't exist or
have no Experience or Qualifications on the matter.
And this applies to Both sides of the Fence.

Uh huh...and I am telling you that there are more than those two options as anyone who understands even a little physics knows. I am telling you that most people that actually contribute around here have completely missed either of those conclusions at first reaction. The first thing I thought was not even close to one of those two options as neither one of them makes any sense at all. Not sure what point you were trying to make but I am telling you that if it relies on those being the only options, it is flawed. Perhaps I am missing what your point really was though.

I do want to commend you on such a polite and measured response. Whether I got your point or not, you were much nicer than I was so at least for that, you certainly bested me and I applaud you.

I do not doubt people's views have changed but even in that crowd, I have run across no one that had either suggested initial reaction. Maybe it is the crowd you run with. I am not even sure I have run across a poster on ATS that has stated they first thought either of those things. Maybe you can point one out to me?

People's views have changed and will change and I am sure some will change again. From what I have seen, all that change has been centered on going from believing what they were told happened that day to believing that they were lied to. I have not seen a shift the other way. I am sure we are just having different experiences in our walks of life though? I am willing to be enlightened though if you are witnessing the opposite or hoards of people who had either initial reaction.

I guess my point was that I do not know people on either side of the fence the believed either - the buildings will stand just fine for another 50 years or that they would completely collapse. I have seen people since then change to accepting that they would completely collapse but then they come to ATS and lie in order to support the OS and it all falls apart again.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Quite the defeat in Exeter NH.

Article 43 — Citizen petition to pursue an investigation into the events of Sept. 11, 2001.

Yes: 381 No: 1,377 DEFEATED

Ouch, Close to 80% disagree with the petition. It's the only article that didn't pass.

[edit on 10-3-2010 by ImAPepper]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImAPepper
Quite the defeat in Exeter NH.

Article 43 — Citizen petition to pursue an investigation into the events of Sept. 11, 2001.

Yes: 381 No: 1,377 DEFEATED

Ouch, Close to 80% disagree with the petition. It's the only article that didn't pass.

But, but...

A poll on ATS shows that ALMOST EVERYONE IN AMERICA wants this to happen and hates the OS and the lair Bush!!!!

I don't understand.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TrickoftheShade

I understand that typos happen and that internet forums are not exactly pantheons of quality writing. Unfortunately, it does get a little tiring hearing how stupid we truthers are from people that keep bringing up Bush being a LAIR.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson
reply to post by TrickoftheShade

I understand that typos happen and that internet forums are not exactly pantheons of quality writing. Unfortunately, it does get a little tiring hearing how stupid we truthers are from people that keep bringing up Bush being a LAIR.

Arf. That one went sailing over your head didn't it?

To explain: I was satirising the reaction of a typical Truth Movement adherent - one who isn't, let's say, too bright. For this purpose - admittedly not the most high minded, but we can't always have the serious hat on - I used the spelling most commonly employed by ATS regular, Truth Seeker and, if we're being uncharitable, poster boy for all that's brightest about the TM, Impressme.

So, top marks for irony.

[edit on 10-3-2010 by TrickoftheShade]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ImAPepper

A star for you "ImAPepper" on that little info. bit.
Do you know when the other towns vote??

I guess we´re finally getting a picture of the real world.

Not the fantasy world of the web pseudoinvestigators and all knowing expertsoneverything discoverers

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by rush969

Do you know when the other towns vote??

I just found the results for Nelson, NH:

27. Shall New Hampshire Congressional Delegation be instructed to pursue a new and independent investigation to address thoroughly all of the evidence and unanswered questions related to the events of September 11, 2001?(The record of the vote on this article shall be transmitted by the Town of Nelson to New Hampshire Congressional Delegation.)
This is a petitioned article. Not recommended by the Selectmen. Passed Over

definition:
Y = Yes, the article passed. (U) means that it passed unanimously. N means it did not pass. Passed Over means that the town voted not to consider the article.

www.townofnelson.com...

Ouch... so far 0-2

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Richmond NH ..... SUCCESS FOR THE TRUTHERS!!!!!

54. To see if the Town will vote to approve the following resolution: Shall New
Hampshire’s Congressional Delegation be instructed to pursue a new and
independent investigation to address thoroughly all of the evidence and unanswered
questions related to the events of September 11, 2001? (By Petition)

Spoke to town clerk of Richmond – Passed 48 yes 45 no

93 voters? Wow, quite a turn out.

EDIT: Town of Swazy, NH results:

Article 8

Shall the town vote to approve the following resolution:
Shall New Hampshire’s Congressional Delegation be instructed to pursue a new and independent
investigation to address thoroughly all of the evidence and unanswered questions related to the events of
September 11, 2001? The record of the vote on this article shall be transmitted by the Town of Swanzey to
New Hampshire’s Congressional Delegation. (SUBMITTED BY PETITION)

YES - 267 NO - 675

yikes

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Okay... here is the wrap up of the towns:

9/11 article vote results
Published: Wednesday, March 10, 2010
A petition article on several town warrants instructs the state’s congressional delegation to pursue a “new and independent investigation” into the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks. Here’s how it fared in local towns:

Chesterfield: Failed

Harrisville: Failed

Marlborough: Failed

Nelson: Passed over (fail)

Richmond: Passed

Swanzey: Failed

keenesentinel.com...

Not a good day for NH Truthers.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrickoftheShade
But, but...

A poll on ATS shows that ALMOST EVERYONE IN AMERICA wants this to happen and hates the OS and the lair Bush!!!!

I don't understand.

Without even looking at the responses, I'll wager there will be at least one person who'll say this failure to pass is the work of the secret government conspiracy, too. To the conspiracy fetishists, everything that disagrees with their conspiracies is by default part of the conspiracy.

This runaway fantasia has gotten so out of hand, I've seen entire threads here devoted to accusing that taxi driver by the Pentagon of being a "secret gov't disinformation agent" and all the guy did was drive his taxi by a light pole.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave

Without even looking at the responses,

I don't think there will be many at all to tell you the truth.

If any, you will hear that the country is more interested with Dancing With the Stars, or Tiger Woods shenanigans.

No matter what way they try to spin it, the people in these towns were not interested in another investigation.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Here is the news from Marlborough:

MARLBOROUGH — A sparsely attended town meeting made for a quick night in Marlborough, where residents approved 12 of 14 articles Tuesday.

The exceptions were petition articles on a state constitutional amendment defining marriage, and a resolution asking New Hampshire’s congressional delegation to pursue a new, independent investigation of the 9/11 terrorist attacks on New York and Washington. Both were convincingly defeated by voice votes.

www.sentinelsource.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
If you are fighting with good oldave your fighting a battle you can not win

click his name and go to posts

99% ARE BASHING 911 Truthers
everyday not missing one
every single day of his life

Hes either obsessed fighting with 9/11 truthers
or is being paid to do so

[edit on 10-3-2010 by blankduck18]

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by blankduck18
If you are fighting with good oldave your fighting a battle you can not win

No, no fighting at all in this thread. Actually it is quite quiet on this thread since the not so stunning defeat of the truth movement in NH.

The 12 towns were narrowed down to what? 6? and none of them "demanded" anything.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Well, an interesting bit of info. for you:
Of the votes reported so far, adding them up, we can get the feel of say the general population I would say.
We have.- 696 for the YES.
And.- 2097 for the NO.

So it´s almost exactly a 3 to 1 ratio. Quite "revealing" wouldn´t you agree??

Hope ImAPepper gets all the numbers so we can add them all up and get that WHOLE picture too.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by rush969
Well, an interesting bit of info. for you:
Of the votes reported so far, adding them up, we can get the feel of say the general population I would say.
We have.- 696 for the YES.
And.- 2097 for the NO.

So it´s almost exactly a 3 to 1 ratio. Quite "revealing" wouldn´t you agree??

Hope ImAPepper gets all the numbers so we can add them all up and get that WHOLE picture too.

You can search for the rest of the numbers.

The people of these rather small towns have spoken. They do NOT want another investigation. There is nothing telling about this at all.

It also proves the OP as false.

[edit on 11-3-2010 by ImAPepper]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Decoy
F---ing great, for 'New England Towns'. Honest people with honest concerns about the real deal.

And the honest people decided that another investigation was not a concern at all - the "truther" movement takes another hit as the people have spoken.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

And the honest people decided that another investigation was not a concern at all - the "truther" movement takes another hit as the people have spoken.

It is actually quite a fail all around for the truthers in that state. There is a reason why the truther movement chose NH:

To get an article on the ballot, you only need 2% of the registered voters to sign the petition...or 25 registered voters. Whichever is less!

To get this on as few towns as it did is quite telling.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join