It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News.....Shooting near the Pentagon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Breaking News.....Shooting near the Pentagon

www.wusa9.com

ARLINGTON, Va. (WUSA) - Fire officials confirm that at least three people have been shot at the Pentagon Metro station.

First responders are rushing the victims to local hospitals.

Several officers are on the scene.

We'll have more information as it becomes available.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
now on CNN live

[edit on 4-3-2010 by usaman1983]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by usaman1983

Headline on Drudge:
REPORT: Pentagon on Lockdown After Shots Reported Fired...
www.drudgereport.com...
Nothing on MSM TV yet. Checked FOX and CNN.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
why do i have a feeling that this is going to be used to restrain our second amendment rights? I mean this is awfully convenient given the recent SCOTUS trial.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Its On CNN.

This may be TSHTF scenario so dreaded.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Watch live:
www.cnn.com...

Two Pentagon Force Protection Agency police officers are among the three injured in shooting, the Washington Post reporting.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
any predictions on who they end up blaming?

i say right wing extremists.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by LurkerMan

I'm thinking it will be rogue psycho's.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
UPDATE

According to CNN at 8:31 PM EST, the shooter has been apprehended, and has been "critically wounded" according to the news anchor at CNN. He is accused of shooting two Pentagon police officers, both of which have suffered non-life threatening injuries.

-truthseeker

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Haven't posted in a while, but with all the recent events, I can't help but state that things seem to be getting out of hand. I wonder if these events are staged, or if it is the will of the people who do these things.

I'm sure that this is probably just a random event, and is probably not linked to anything with the economy. But there's a big chance that it is related to the current state of affairs.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
witnesses said his face had a blank stare....that makes me wonder...how do you spell manchurian candidate

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Can you believe the bias of that CNN story? He shoots at them with his gun and they kill him with semi-automatic weapons. He had two 9mm semi-automatic pistols.!

CX

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by LurkerMan
any predictions on who they end up blaming?

i say right wing extremists.

I say those cwazy 9/11 truthers.....and they probably frequent sites that discuss how crap the government is.

CX.

[edit on 5/3/10 by CX]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I'm with DeathShield....the only tragic casualty here will be the slow and painful death of the 2nd Amendment.

Tyranny, here we come....

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by starsyren

yes, let's make sure we protect the right of lunatics to kill strangers...

important work that.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by seethelight

I totally disagree, I dont want to give up my right to bear arms, because some coook has an illegal weapon. your argument has no merit.

Are you saying you would rather the only people to have firearms, be the police, who are always there when you need them, and the criminals that use their weapons for personal gain, without prejudice. doesnt sound like a well thought out personal protection plan to me...

[edit on 5-3-2010 by AKARonco]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
IMO, this is a non-event. The guy was probably a Glenn Beck fan riled into a frenzy.

It always cracks me up when folks claim that the SAME Government who is too disorganized and inept to manage National Healthcare is somehow streamlined enough to orchestrate and cover up events like this.

Geez, everyone is so jumpy as if they can't wait to see something "big" go down. I am sure most will disagree with my personal views but this IS a discussion forum.

Besides, he gives crazy people like me a bad reputation.

Thanks...kk

[edit on 5-3-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Through podcasts and a Wikipedia page, a man identified online as JPatrickBedell cast the government as a criminal force destroying personal liberties.

"This seizure of the United States government by an international criminal conspiracy is a long-established reality," the man said in a podcast in November 2006, which also was published as text online.

Such an organization, the man said, "would use its powers to convert military, intelligence, and law enforcement bureacracies (sic) into instruments for political control and the domination and subjection of society, while discrediting, destroying, and murdering honest individuals within those services that work to root out corruption and faithfully serve their fellow citizens."

www.cnn.com...

This seems to be happening more and more doesn't it? Conspiracy believers going off the wall and shooting innocent people. I mean, if the guy hated government, why kill to police officers at a metro station? Kinda aiming for the low man on the totem poll you know? Makes no sense..

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

If rational thinking was his strong suit, this would have never happened.

starsyren,

What if he would have started shooting while he was still on the Metro, with no cops around?

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
It's hard to tell if this man will be related to the Tea Party movement or be listed as just another domestic terrorist act. How this will affect the areas gun laws is something to wait and see. With the Chicago gun ban under potential repeal it is safe to say some type of action will be taken, most likely in favor of increased gun control. Although I would like to point to a Washington Times article explaining the decline in gun related crimes since the handgun ban in D.C. was lifted:

The year after the Supreme Court struck down the District of Columbia's handgun ban and gun-lock requirements, the capital city's murder rate plummeted 25 percent. The high court should keep that in mind today as it hears oral arguments about a Chicago handgun ban.

Gun controllers screamed to high heaven that impending disaster would follow the court's decision to junk some of the district's gun controls. One of those screaming the loudest was Chicago Mayor Richard M. Daley, who incorrectly predicted more gun freedom would lead to more death and Wild West shootouts. Instead, in Washington, murder rates rose when the handgun ban was in effect and fell once the regulations were removed.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bceaa7e2c5a3.jpg[/atsimg]
Russia Today News Report; Pentagon Shooting

top topics

<<   2 >>

join