It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Changes I've noticed to the World Map (Timelineshift)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sphinx551

Originally posted by xmaddness

If you think you have come from a different timeline, and have come to this time line, you may want to take another look at our time lines history books to see what may be different or the same. Timelines are inherently different, whther it be by major changes (think flying pigs, orange apples, red oranges, ect) or by subtle changes (think about that yellow light you ran, you stopped at the yellow light in another time line)

All right, I will give a list of what else I thought has changed:
1. Australia is too close to Indonesia.
2. New Zealand is tilted more and seems a little bit further south than from what I remember.
3. Iceland is too close to Greenland and is further north.
4. Japan seems smaller and closer to mainland.
5. North America and Europe seem closer to each other.

But maps are computer-made (and not all man-made maps are to scale). You'd need to put these computer images on their rightful latitude/longitude lines to accurately tell if somethings amiss but no one has done that, right?

So is this what you-all are talking about? The satellite maps that you're viewing?

You know if you street Google your street/house, it looks way out of proportion (sorta con-caved) so I have to assume, satellites are not all calibrated (is that the term?) the same which probably makes many places, distorted.

But, if someone witnessed this 'change' them self (like in their boat or flying) please chime in.

Who's to say what's really going on out there. It's hard enough keeping up with what's going on right here!

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by nyxxxx

Exactly What I remember too..

posted on Mar, 16 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Holly S**t!!!!
I lived in florida for 2 years! what the ******? came back to europe 9 months ago
when did bahamas move so close to florida? where all the islands on the E came from?
and i thought NZ and Australia was weird enough..... i clearly remember the Keys, as i thought of going on vacation there. went to NY instead.
Africa looks different too.... especially the shapes of the countries
the borders used to be mostly straight more than half of the continent, i remember thinking what a clever people!

can anybody tell me WTF is going on? i think like i'm losing it! seriously!

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by OdovacarDvilhelm
reply to post by FoxStriker

This whole thing is destroying ATS. It's a plague of ignorance.

Just because you really really suck at Geography does not mean that the timeline has shifted.

Stop with these threads about continents moving, it's really disturbing even.

I agree, these geographical/timeline shift thread really came out of nowhere full force. And I agree that it is disturbing. I mean, you got a bunch of people who think that it is more logical and probable that there has been some kind of timeline/geographical aberration than that, just maybe, their memory is faulty and/or that they never really knew too much about geography in the first place. It's part of a larger trend around here that involves people coming up with far out explanations for events because they refuse to admit that perhaps their memories aren't perfect.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Threadfall

Originally posted by OdovacarDvilhelm

This whole thing is destroying ATS. It's a plague of ignorance.

Just because you really really suck at Geography does not mean that the timeline has shifted.

Stop with these threads about continents moving, it's really disturbing even.

I agree, these geographical/timeline shift thread really came out of nowhere full force. And I agree that it is disturbing. I mean, you got a bunch of people who think that it is more logical and probable that there has been some kind of timeline/geographical aberration than that, just maybe, their memory is faulty and/or that they never really knew too much about geography in the first place. It's part of a larger trend around here that involves people coming up with far out explanations for events because they refuse to admit that perhaps their memories aren't perfect.

Here is yet another case of "You just don't get it, do you"

I haven't seen anyone refuse to admit faulty memory, in fact many have said that it could be just that.

Further more no one is forcing you to believe them.

This is a conspiracy/alternative discussion web site, where else would we put forward our suspicions?

So if you disagree with us thats fine, there is no need to make a post ridiculing those that believe,
just take it with a pinch of salt and go to a different thread.

Or are you the sort that goes to every thread just to debunk and dis people, if so perhaps ATS is not for you.

[edit on 17/3/2010 by PennyQ]

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Hello Foxstriker and ATS!

This is my first post ever on ATS. Like many others, I have been very intrigued by the recent timeline shift posts and your observations are no exception. I figured it was time to throw in my $.02.

For what it's worth, I have held a great interest in geography ever since I was a kid. I also hold a Bachelors degree in International Relations.

I was very surprised to see the Bahamas location to the east of Southern Florida. I have family near West Palm Beach and have spent months there and NEVER remember the Bahamas lying so far north and near Florida.

The Falkland Island do look way too far south.

England and the whole UK seem to be much too up in France's grill

The Med does appear much smaller-especially around Tunisia and Italy.

I concur that Denmark and the other Scandinavian countries look strange.

Yeah- I always remember Sri Lanka being farther south and I believe southwest of India's "tip"

Australia is far too close to Papua New Guinea for my comfort!

Raynemaria- Upon inspecting Africa I also take issue with the shapes of the borders. Especially in Libya and Chad- they look strangely NOT straight-bordered.

(What I can add with relative certainty is that the reason many African nation's borders are so straight is because they were "conveniently" carved up by the colonial powers who cared more about 90 degree angles than tribal sovereignty.)

I'm personally thrilled that my first post is on such a neutral topic so as not to stir any up any discord.

I believe there's something going on here and I applaud you guys for your constructive input.

JotaPlata

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
These threads are a joke! seriously people this is just a disgrace how bad people are at geography and saying the time line has shifted, does anyone realise how serious that would be! Things dont just magically shift place especially time, time= linear i thought that was basic, for such an intelligent website this is a joke.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

yeah, for me it feels like the whole planet has shrunk, like sooo much, so mabey the back in time thing makes some sense???

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by kiv-93
time= linear

No, time is cyclical.
You are too proud of yourself.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by kiv-93

Yes I realize how serious this is, that's why I posted this thread.

To me there was a shift in continents and events, and I'm not alone in thinking this. I am trying to understand what happened but only have theories and conjectures at this point... and what is even more interesting is that they are still moving. Since I started this post, the Falklands are moving further south as is Hawaii.

In fact you show your ignorance because there are enough people agreeing to this dimensional jump/time shift/continent movement to merit investigation.

If this pans out to be true then we have to look more deeply into this and figure out what the @#*$ is going on.

P.S.
You think most members want to alienate themselves and put themselves in a position to be persecuted? I've been here since 02' and decided to be a member in 03'

I don't care about S's & F's. I was herewhen there was only one thread area, no S & F, no extra's. Just people seeking truth and to spread knowledge.

And just so you understand my position, a huge phenomenom has occured where

1) Few to none of the population noticed the change or only remember bits and parts.
2) No report, No news, No Evidence, No anything
3) You try to discuss this in a forum thats dedicated to the very essence of discussing these questions and all we find is that we are at the mercy of the Troll Community.
4) Those that at least entertain the Idea *Thank You*, there is no proof to prove a point.
5) If there was a joining of dimensions or a memory shift:
a) The knowledge of our known universe will change
b) our understanding of ourselves will change
6) If there is some conspiracy then:
a) Everyone in the world was just lied to and accepted it.
b) Something happened were the implications could mean our very lives.

[edit on 3/18/2010 by FoxStriker]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JotaPlata

Thank you for your post, yes I remember it as you do as well, I did want to add that you keep an eye out on Hawaii/Falklands/Japan/Taiwan and see if they change positions. I noticed since I posted this that they have shifted or moved again.

Fox

P.S. Trust me, if you look around, these threads are anything but neutral.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Most of the place being discussed have ground elevations under 50 meters. Many of them are close to sea level.

Just saying.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
This thread is illustrating the degree to which some people are literally not in the real world. Psychologists call it "Psychosis" and it is leading to "Paranoia". It is a form of "Hallucination". As children we develop a "world picture" but this picture in our mind is illusionary. If as is the case in this thread the child builds up a picture that is defective it can be a painful process in later years as adult to correct that misunderstanding. Obviously such misunderstandings are not just in the area of geography. This is actually a major problem. "Psychosis" is a crippling disease of the mind that we need to cure by the implimentation of a move towards more open mindedness. One should always be ready to admit oneself as being in error.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by CAELENIUM
This thread is illustrating the degree to which some people are literally not in the real world. Psychologists call it "Psychosis" and it is leading to "Paranoia". It is a form of "Hallucination". As children we develop a "world picture" but this picture in our mind is illusionary. If as is the case in this thread the child builds up a picture that is defective it can be a painful process in later years as adult to correct that misunderstanding. Obviously such misunderstandings are not just in the area of geography. This is actually a major problem. "Psychosis" is a crippling disease of the mind that we need to cure by the implimentation of a move towards more open mindedness. One should always be ready to admit oneself as being in error.

You obviously have not read all the posts thoroughly or would have read that it is not only memories from childhood that are discussed here, but adult memory from not too long ago, people are saying things seem to have changed practically overnight in some cases.

One should always be ready to admit oneself as being in error.

One should take ones own advice.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by CAELENIUM

So by your conclusion I:

- I Cannot admit I was wrong therefore I created a bigger lie to live in on ATS?
- I have a case of Psychosis due to the fact that I am not backing down, and that I truely believe my OP?

Sorry Caelenium, but I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one, I know for a fact this happened, I wouldn't put myself out there for the Troll Masses unless I was ready for the consequences.

I made a personal choice after seeing all post made by members being ridiculed for standing up for what they knew to be right to post my own perception of this continent shift.

I've heard many rebuttles, such as

Bad Geography
Map Projection
Faulty Memory
Psychosis
Dimensional Jumps
Continent Drifts
Atomic Smashing/ Breaking Time/Space
Earthquake moved Chile 10 Feet
Quantum Memory/ Magnetic Memory
Time Shift
the list goes on.

I can tell you that the map changed for me... I don't know about everyone else to what extent it change or how they remember, but I rememeber very Vividly.

In fact I felt like I jumped into your world, all the proof is on your side, so what can I say, I'm just trying to find an answer and I just know that it would be insane not seek the truth.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
To all you folks who recall a different world, who believe they have time-shifted: Can you perhaps return to your own timeline? What do you think would happen then? I'm sure it would be incredibly soothing to suddenly reappear in your own timelines. Being in this timeline is probably not very healthy for you. Have you noticed changes, physically, in yourselves?

All that said, My World hasn't changed, though sometimes maps appear different from the way I remember them as a child. Thankfully, I have been able to learn and adapt to the changes in the maps, being as I am from this timeline and I understand that in this timeline mapping has not been an accurate science, has been poorly taught and has been often misrepresented.

This thread reminds me of one of the great ones from Godlike Productions where a woman had found "proof" that the sun, the moon and the earth were not moving in the same way she thought they should, that what she recalled from school was inaccurate. It was a great and wonderful thread and many hours were spent in trying to figure out just how the sun could possibly be in different places every day. Now I wish I had known about this timeline theory. It would have explained everything. I urge you all to consider that idea. If truly, as she stated, the earth and sun were moving erratically, then maybe you have something else you should be keeping track of to help with your theory.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoxStriker
Please No Trolling, I know Geography... I'm not saying your wrong, but I know that what I see on the map as changes that have occured are true...

I'm here on ATS for a reason, I do see a change, in fact a lot of changes to the map...

And if anthing this is more disturbing to me considering I majored in History as well as history of country's so i noticed the changes.

In fact I'm finding out I'm not the only one, I have friends who are saying the same thing.

[edit on 3/4/2010 by FoxStriker]

Then get out of my timeline and go back to your own! Your messing with the space time continium.Further intrusions by your kind may cause a catastrophic failure of the universal constant and cause us to cease to exist. Youll here a small pop and the universe will have never existed.

PS Man who thought the universe would end because some people came over here because apparently there geography was so bad they couldnt stay in there own timeline.

[edit on 3/18/10 by dragonridr]

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr
Then get out of my timeline and go back to your own! your messing with the space time continium.Further intrusions by your kind my cause a catastrophic failure of the universal constant and cause us to cease to exist. Youll here a small pop and the universe will have never existed.

There are no paradoxes in the multiverse.
Don't be afraid.

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Gladly... Funny, both ATS time lines have smart ass's, at least somethings are assured.

btw are you the dragonrider 02' 03' from way back when? just asking

Fox

posted on Mar, 18 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I'm pretty much as straight and narrow as you can get on a forum like this, and this isn't exactly about changes in world map, per se, but I think it fits in well enough. I don't want to create a new thread just to be attacked and called names ...

The other day while looking up some stuff, I notice that the earth orbits the sun in pretty much a circular manner. This had me completely baffled. I specifically recall that the orbit is much more elliptical than currently indicated.

Does anyone else have the same memory?

(and before anyone questions my sanity, yes, I do think logically this is a faulty memory issue. I also have the memory that Aus and NZ are shifted further east with NZ slightly south which logically - faulty memory. But something here doesn't feel quite right, and normally I chalk everything up to faulty memory)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join