It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Changes I've noticed to the World Map (Timelineshift)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
You know what would be really useful to this discussion?

Someone who has experienced this "time-shift" needs to present 2 maps in a thread; one map being an official world map, and the other one being the "original" map that they remember being the official map.

It is hard for people to really understand geographical differences without having any visual information to dissect.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I don't mean to feed the fire but I was wondering if anyone else was taught that there are only 4 oceans: Atlantic, Pacific, Indian, Arctic. ?

Now I think they teach that there are 5, the other being the "southern" ocean or something? Now I'm not saying saying that there is a "new" ocean that came out of nowhere, just that for some reason, I wasnt taught that in the 80's in the US.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Totalstranger

That at least happened in this timeline: the Southern Ocean became an "official" ocean in 2000, before that the "official" oceans were the Atlantic, Arctic, Indian, and Pacific. (Source)

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Is it being suggested that all the navigators (ships, planes) are 'in on' this secret ?

Plane set off from Sydney Australia with 231 passengers who've booked a flight to New Zealand (a trip they might have made several times)

What happens in this 'time shift' scenario ? Do the pilots and navigators lodge secret flight-plans ? Who else is in on it --- meteorologists ? control towers ? flight attendants ?

So what happens ? A flight to New Zealand, from memory, is quite short (to the New Zealand off Australia's eastern coast

A flight to a New Zealand located to the north-west of Australia's western coast, on the other hand, would be of several hours duration

Is it being suggested passengers wouldn't notice they were flying in the 'wrong' direction ? They wouldn't be able to tell the difference in flight times, for a start ? Wouldn't notice that instead of flying over ocean, they're in fact flying over Australia's red centre ? Wouldn't notice the difference in the location of the sun (or moon, depending on time of the flight) ?

And what about fuel ? A flight to a New Zealand that's located north-west of Australia would require considerably more fuel than flying to a New Zealand located to the east of Australia

Are the airlines absorbing the cost of extra fuel, etc. rather than admit that New Zealand has (supposedly) altered its location ?

Are none of the flight attendants or pilots or navigators or air-traffic control saying one word about this displaced New Zealand to anyone ... not even to their spouses or children ? And are none of the passengers voicing any concern or curiosity about the weirdness of the flight ?

The above could all be asked in relation to all the other places which are suspected of 'changing location'

Any answers ?

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
OP, it would take just a few moments research online or with an older atlas in your local library to establish that there have been no changes to the position of continents, islands, etc.

Why post such a deranged theory when you have no evidence at all, apart from your own flawed memory, to support such a proposition.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Ya, Lost is a good T.V. show.
Line2

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Dock9,
I get your point, that there should be a transitional awareness during a timeshift event. However, it seems that the quantum peculiarities of such an event would not be so tangible and as perceivable (at the 'time') as it might seem.

The OP's reporting is symptomatic of quantum memory, or perhaps quantum temporal linkage (i.e. connecting with another timeline). So the effect (perception of a reality irregularity) is only perceived under certain situations that stimulate a memory and a corresponding quantum memory.

An interesting analogy to quantum memory is magnetic memory. If you search, you can find details on how technicians can extract data from a magnetic platter from previous (several cycles) writes. That means you've written something erase that physical space, write something else, and again, and they can extract all 3 data sets. So, the analogy follows tha your mind is quantum based and certain temporal memories will dominate time line memories.

I think it is interesting that this effect could be amplified or maybe just more noticeable from abstract forms, such as pictures and maps, rather than historical facts.

Interestingly, and I am not advocating the time shift theory either (just exploring it),I referenced the global map when I saw this post, and I found it to be disturbingly misaligned from what I thought it should be, in very much the way OP itemized it. I am not new to pouring over the world map either.

intriguing thread OP!

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I'm surprised this is so hard for people to grasp.
No one is disputing the current placement on existing maps, just their recollection and certainty of that recollection. they don't have "proof “ because they aren't recalling some different nebulous map but how the very map they are looking at now no longer appears as they remembered.

it's like reading a book you read last week and finding that it has a completely different ending than you remember reading last week even though it's the very same book.

i think the biggest cause of confusion and unnecessary trolling is the use of the term “time line shift.“ This term is really inaccurate as it sounds more like shifting whether physically our consciously, between parallel universes, alternate realities, or different dimensions.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Hello, I have a history book printed in 1985, there is a world map in it, it doe's not show Antarctica, so cannot comment there, however, upon Googling the world map, the 1985 version of the world, and Googles version, both match.
As regards 'steps' there is a theory that as the ice sheets grew during ice ages, and sea levels dropped, coral started new reefs lower down the continental shelf, with sea levels and coral building sew-sawing up and down during geological time.
As for plate movement that is something else that takes place over geological time, perhaps 1 to 5 milimeters a year? cannot remember exact value.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Would I be correct in assuming no map would suffice as proof ?

No point my going down to the basement and searching through approx. 50 boxes of books to find a 1961 geography text book, or books from WW2 era which belonged to a pilot uncle, in order to scan and post them to show that New Zealand is now where it was 60-odd and 50-odd years ago ?

What method would be used to disprove their accuracy ? Would it be claimed the old maps themselves were affected by the supposed 'shift' event ?

Easy of course to find old maps online and post the links. But would they also be dismissed as inaccurate in showing Long Island, New Zealand, the Bahamas etc. as being in the same locations 100, 200 years ago as they are now ?

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Tearman

LOL!!! I like your map its surprisingly accurate but what really made me laugh was the question mark after Africa! you seriously didn't know that was Africa? Dude come on!

spat my tea over keyboard
thanks mate best laugh all day even more hilarious than the thread itself.

guys get a grip there is no time shift! lay of the substance D

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Tearman

Wow.

You drew you're map on a Ouija board and you didn't know where Africa or even Europe were?

My point is making itself.

[edit on 5-3-2010 by OdovacarDvilhelm]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Thank you for your post, I will go down the line as well as answer questions to the best of what I remember.

americandingbat - I should have been more clear, It was still Part of New York, it was just further out to the Ocean, not as close as it looks now.
Example: Jersey City was farther from New York City and Long Island used to be further out, my recollection was that there was no Upper Bay, Immigrants who came to the US would See Ellis Island or the Statue of Liberty before they saw any land. (This is my perception).

sphinx551 - My perception of it was that it was underneath Florida, and Bermuda was actually farther out. In fact the weird part for me is seeing all the other islands of the coast of Florida along with The Bahamas, I don't recognize any of them. Its like they popped out of the Ocean to me.

wycky - Im comparing what I know I saw a month ago on Google Maps, the changes I see now (perceive) are drastic, yes there is no proof I have. The only thing I can say is after doing some internet research I found this webiste. Check Seconds 00.33 - 00.34, that looks more familar to me as far as Australia.

Earth Continent shifting

Monts - Thank you for your post, I put the above link, It would take me a long time to put together a map if I created my own, but Imagine the OP changes added to the map at 00.34. I will try to put a map together with my perception of it once I have some time (working)

Dock9 - Imagine if you traveled to another dimension were the continents were slightly altered or the continents had moved. Thats what I feel happend and very recently, *I still could have sworn that after looking at the News coverage of the Chilean Earthquake, The Nazca Plate was smaller* * The Pacific Plate in my memory was really circular, now it looks like its got a dent in it due to the Australian Plate** The Antartic Plate was a lot smaller too*

Example, If you took a picture of you, your spouse (if applicable) and myself in the Bahama Islands, the photo would be exactly as you remember it, but when I looked at it, I would say, "I could have sworn the sun was in my eyes." *The sun on the photo is actually behind us as you remember it, but from my memory I could have sworn it was in front of us.*

I don't have any other words to explain what this is called, because I only bearly started looking into the TimeShift Theory, but I think ATS Member "thoughtform" brought up points I know very little about as in Quantum Memory/Magnetic Memory. *Although even I'm not sure*

thoughtform - thank you for your post, I didn't know anything regarding Quantum Memory, and hopefully I'm not alone regarding this issue or one of very few who remember this *dimensional shift* *timeshift*.

To all - I am comparing what I saw on Google Maps about a month ago to a day ago, hence the post of changes.

Fox

[edit on 3/5/2010 by FoxStriker]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by OdovacarDvilhelm
reply to post by lpowell0627

What I said needs to be said. It's quite obvious.

All maps change and evolve as we learn more, first of all.

Second of all, if you thought something was out of place, that's human error, you're error. Why would you jump to the least likely thing of ever happening? A timeline shift?

Just because you thought that country was there instead of there?

It's the jumping to the extreme that reality has to change and use magical processes just so you don't have to admit you have problems with Geography!

[edit on 4-3-2010 by OdovacarDvilhelm]

First of all, I didn't write the article. Second of all, you obviously din't read it whatsoever.

Here's one example form the article that would make islands appear larger on maps spaced 26,000 years apart: [remember: I am the one that originally asked, and never received a response to, what time frame we are even discussing]

Islands east of Florida rise up every 26,000 years or so. The reef then lies above ground, dies, and a new one develops at the new sea level.

Now, when looking at this from the air, it appears as stairs due to number of new reefs increasing over time and the new rise on the islands.

If stairs form, and are seen from above, it would appear as if the island were growing. Each set of "new stairs" adds what appears to be another layer surrounding the island.

So, if one were taking aerial shots, and composed a map over the course of 100,000 years -- there would be 4 more, new "elevations" to record.

Perhaps that is why it appears to the OP as if the islands are growing.
I never said they were, nor did I say any countries moved anywhere.

The least you could when insulting someone is to make sure you know what they actually said in the first place.

Again, you are doing nothing than trying to derail this thread and insult anyone that dare participate.

MOVE ON.

[edit on 5-3-2010 by lpowell0627]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoxStriker

I don't have any other words to explain what this is called, because I only bearly started looking into the TimeShift Theory, but I think ATS Member "thoughtform" brought up points I know very little about as in Quantum Memory/Magnetic Memory. *Although even I'm not sure*

I think you should talk to a ATS member named Evasius. From reading his threads, I think he might have some good insight on this stuff.

Also, I believe you. Something is really going on. I think I also could comment on Australia and New Zealand. I have never recalled New Zealand being to West-Northwest of Australia but I do remember New Zealand being further north and a little bit closer to Australia. Also, I don't remember Australia being so close to Indonesia either.

[edit on 5-3-2010 by sphinx551]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol

but a MAP? it doesnt prove anything, there are A LOT OF MAPS!!

What about Google Earth?

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxStriker

I don't remember Antartica being quite that huge.

Something strange is definately happening.

It would be a good idea to keep this thread going so that people could update it whenever they were aware of any changes they have noticed.

[edit on 5-3-2010 by keldas]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I've read your post. I strongly disagree with what you have said.

I don't know what else i can say without being accused of "trolling."

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
ya know op i was laughing at this and one thing i am very good with is locations. and i jujst looked at google maps and new zeland looks way farther down and off than it used to be cuba looks more tucked in under florida and srilanlks looks to far south also i dont rember iceland being so close to greenland it seamed to me more in the middle just under half way to greenland. maybe its tyhe computer apps when we use the zoom out but i defo havent noticed that before your thread. i dident bother with the new zeland thread as it seams daft but now i looked .well play the x files theme

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I have never recalled New Zealand being to West-Northwest of Australia but I do remember New Zealand being further north and a little bit closer to Australia. Also, I don't remember Australia being so close to Indonesia either.

i totally agree with you on this new zealand was like an 3 quarters of an inch away from australia on the maps i seen wierd science anyone

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join