It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Changes I've noticed to the World Map (Timelineshift)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Tearman

Very good idea. I'd like to see this too at least then we could see if we are looking at anomaly or inaccuracy.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Just want to throw my 2 cents in,

Topography, until recently thanks to advanced Satellite Imagery, has never really been an exact science. That being said, there are numerous entities that design maps. I think it's safe to assume that there has always been the potential for discrepancies. With this notion one could easily speculate that the Geography books that were used to educate you were not always exact to form.

This and like other posters have mentioned, the Earth is constantly shifting. I just think it's more a misconception of the geographical material provided to you during your education on the subject of Geography.

Just trying to take the logical approach.

[edit on 3/4/2010 by UberL33t]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Pellevoisin - Thank you for your post, hopefully I'm not alone

The PeaceMaker - Thank you for your reply, I was really not sure if I even wanted to Post a thread, but I feel like I have to in case I just for some odd reason forget.

Tearman - I never really believed in The Timeshift Theory until Yesterday, I had read about Project Camelot, but even then, this was crazy to me... so my explanation is that I don't have an answer, just Memories.

The World Cup Qualifications is what comes to mind when I think of New Zealand and Australia, I can vividly see both of them in their position.

The Aleutian Island connecting to the tip of Russia due to the only Japanese Invasion force that was able to land on soil considered to belong to an American State (Alaska).

Sweden and Norway being higher just from remembering the German Invasion of the country. ect.

Denmark from the testing of the V-2 Rockets during WWII.

Florida - due to the research I read about the Bimini Road and even the Carribeans from my research of the Spanish Conquest of America

ect...

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by fumanchu

I saw this on other threads:

I understand most Americans in the eyes of the world are considered Ignorant, Slaves, Gun Weilding RedNecks, Cowboys, Terrorist.

and my rebuttle to you is every country has their Ignorant, their Slaves, Their Gun Weilding Jihadist/Facist/Zionist, Terrorist.

But I'm not.

When you stop focusing on the post and start generalize people, you end up being no different than the Nazi's were in looking at people as inferior
due to their Nationality, Religion, Race, Color of their skin.

Please stick to the Post, if you don't remember the World map being different than just say so and move on.

[edit on 3/4/2010 by FoxStriker]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
sorry I didn't read every post cause I got to the bit about trolling and got bored so I might have missed it.

Are you by any chance comparing and old map even just 20 or 30 years or less to a modern map measured by satellite? New maps are more accurate and do look allot different. like some one else said are you looking at two different types of maps? they do distort the images quite a bit.

I haven't been on ATS in a couple of years so how does a time line change mess with you maps? and how do they occur in the first place?

If I go back in time and kill Hitler nothing on the map would change at least the shape of the continents wouldn't.

peace

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I think this is interesting. I do not think it's a coincidence that people report these map changes. I think the issue of timeline shift should be investigated more closely. We should not discredit it so easily.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I find it very rude that someone whom has just become a ATS member is dissin a member from 03.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by FoxStriker

5) The Bahama Island have been displaced, Florida did not have these islands of their East Coast

This one caught my eye. I noticed that the Bahamas are closer to Florida now. I never remembered seeing the Bahamas so close to Florida before. I usually remembered Bahamas being further from Florida.

In all, I do believe there is some truth to what you are saying and that timeline shifts are possible.
Also, maybe it's just aliens secretly altering our reality ?

[edit on 4-3-2010 by sphinx551]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DisIllusioned PatRiot

I'm going by what I see on Google Maps, Yahoo Maps, Atlas ect.

It had been about a month since I had looked at a map till I ran into the New Zealand and Australia thread, at first I thought the OP was mistaken in saying that they were in different areas, I went to Google Maps to look at what he was talking about to rebuttle him, and lord behold He was right.

In fact I was in disbelief regaridng the situation.

I'm going by what I remember and what I truely believe to be true, thats why I posted...

2 days ago the world was as I remember it, I look at a Post on ATS and the world has changed... Its extremely disturbing more than anything. looking at my old research papers for college is more disturbing than most things.

I have been theorizing on a possible explaination, to put together a model of the world as a projection of what the world will look going forward in time. It's the only thing I can actually think of.

Fox

Fox

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by FoxStriker

One thing to keep in mind (there is an article on ATS somewhere about this)
On older maps of the earth, America and the UK were always drawn bigger in comparison to other countries because the map makers where American and English, i think it was a way of them showing there dominance making them look bigger then what they really are.

Also to add, countries are where they always have been.

[edit on 4/3/2010 by wycky]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I'm just posting to say everything looks the way it always has to me on the maps.

Oh, and that perhaps the timeline theory is correct as any institute that hands out a masters in history to those with an extreme lack of grammar skills doesn't belong in this timeline.

Perhaps the next leap...will be the leap home.

-m0r

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I've seen a few of these threads... and it's taken a while for me to really understand what the OP's are trying to say.

If you really honestly think that the maps have changed... I really suggest you spend some time going over geography just to be sure.

Then again, if all you have to rely on is memory, then there is nothing that will really help you to decide whats going on.

Well the one positive thing, is that if for whatever reason your story is true, and other people have witnessed the same thing, then ATS is the place to find them.

I would U2U people who think that they have experienced the same thing, and see if your observations correlate. If they do... then I would look for some common denominator in your lives that might be the cause of why this happened.

If you are going to talk about this subject, you are going to have to put up with people bashing you, as nothing is more annoying to people than other people with stories that totally breach their secure belief in their own reality.

I for one have been a map nut since I was 5... and I haven't noticed any difference at all.

I feel for you though... as if you truly believe that this "timeshift" has happened... you are going to have a hard time getting people to believe you... let alone take you seriously.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

When I was 13 yrs. old, my family and I (from Canada) went on a vacation to Orlando Florida for a couple of weeks. I met and got to know some local girls who were about my age or older. When I told them where I was from, one of them said "Canada... Isn't that somewhere over by New Mexico?" They thought it was a state first of all. The other one didn't know either. I was totally blown away that they didn't know the 3 countries in their continent and where they where. I only added this for perspective for those of you who are now getting to know the world, and those who can see that the only shift happening is from not knowing to knowing. No offense OP but you should try to apply the philosophy of Occams razor to figure out your dilemma ( look it up if you don't know what that means).

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

I know there have been threads made by many people at this point, but I would want to add from my perspective as far as changes.

18) Long Island is now really close to New York

I'm a bit confused by this, since Long Island is actually a part of New York. Do you remember a timeline when it wasn't?

Two of the five Boroughs of New York City are on Long Island (Queens County and Kings County aka Brooklyn). Long Island has never to my recollection been further away from Manhattan than the length of the Brooklyn or Queensboro bridges.

(edit for, hopefully, greater clarity)

[edit on 3/4/2010 by americandingbat]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by OdovacarDvilhelm
Just because you really really suck at Geography does not mean that the timeline has shifted.

I second the motion.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

reply to post by fumanchu

When you stop focusing on the post and start generalize people, you end up being no different than the Nazi's were in looking at people as inferior
due to their Nationality, Religion, Race, Color of their skin.

[edit on 3/4/2010 by FoxStriker]

Haha, Godwin's law strikes again!

Ok, so here's the data:
Maps you see now are not like maps as you feel they should be according to your memory.

Hypothesis 1:
Your mental representation prior to just looking at the maps again was wrong. Either based on an imperfect memory, a lousy geography teacher, or a distorted view from when you were a child.

Hypothesis 2:
The entirety of history has been re-written so that it is now different than how you remember.

The other day I thought that I had left my keys in my coat pocket. Turns out I actually put on them on my stereo. I have no memory of this. I can swear I remember putting them in my coat pocket. My girlfriend swears that she didn't touch them. Time bandits strike again I guess.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   

When I have a bit more time I will check out the discrepancies you listed and see if they match mine in any way. Don't worry about the haters. I find it hard to ignore them as well but if they haven't experienced what people in this situation have, they couldn't understand.

Not only that, but it seems that their minds are completely closed to possibilities. They would much rather throw away an open mind and accept the simplest solution even though there isn't really any evidence to support it.

The fact is, multiple people have experienced this phenomenon, and by the looks of it, quite recently. Secondly, all of them have described an intense feeling of disbelief upon the revelation. This isn't in accordance with someone simply "forgetting where they placed their keys" that's for sure. I will be the first to admit that I can forget some things but I have never experienced something along the lines of this.

Best of luck. Hopefully we can attain some kind of information on this.

-Gwyd

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
If there is such a thing as a 'time shift" why would it change the position of land masses? Seems like it would change everything. Did everyone in the world shift with you? Or did just the maps change?

I don't get it.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
www.wisegeek.com...

I have started searching for inaccuracies in American textbook maps and first came across this article.

This article may point to a place to start in searching whether or not there is indeed a phenomenon of memory lapse, time line shifting, or simply a politically charged alteration in the way we view the world around us.

The article in the above mentioned website touts "The traditional political map projection in US textbooks is incorrect in its assessment of size. Notably, Africa looks to be about the same size as Greenland, where it is in fact over ten times as large. As well the areas that account for the US are shown to be similar in size to the former Soviet Union and China combined. This is again inaccurate."

This is definitely something to consider, before anyone is purported as ignorant, living with a faulty memory, or an embarrassment to an online forum. It may simply be that our perception of the world around us has changed simply because it has been dictated that it must.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
the reality is that is hard to represent earth in 2D maps, so, thats why you feel something is wrong, each map can be presented in a different way

there are a lot of maps ...

so, if you had seen a globe with real data, then it would be something different

but a MAP? it doesnt prove anything, there are A LOT OF MAPS!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join