It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Popular Science Puts Entire Scanned Archive Online, Free

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Yay!
This should be cool!

I was going to post this in the interesting websites section of BTS but it will get more traffic here - mods you are free yadda yadda...

Gadget nerds: Prepare to lose the rest of your day to awesomeness. PopSci, the web-wing of Popular Science magazine, has scanned its entire 137-year archive and put it online for you to read, absolutely free. The archive, made available in partnership with Google Books, even has the original period advertisements. Read More www.wired.com...
Wired

search the popsci.com archives

edit: - search on your birth month! - I just done mine and having a good look at the issue - strangly you can't go straight to the issue, but you can find an article dated in that month and then browse the rest of the issue at will...

[edit on 4/3/2010 by Now_Then]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

This should be fun!

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Thank you!
Nice find!

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Is there a link where I can download the entire archive?

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by deadforce

It's a deal between Google books and Pop Science - I really don't know much about the way Google books operate actually... I'm guessing no but I may be wrong - A big part of the google way of operating is the advertising, loathe it or love it that's how they keep things free to the end user (you!) - me personally I don't really mind - it's a 2 way street, they get data from me, ad revenue from advertisers and I get free content - fairly sweet deal really.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this, Very cool.

Good find.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
WOW
very very nice ! This should be fun

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Thanks for this link.

Ranks as one of the better sites on the internet IMO!

My ex threw away almost an entire decade (the 80's) worth of PS, PM, and lots of Heavy Metal magazines and boxes and boxes of comic books from the 70's.

She said a grown man shouldn't keep all this stuff. On E-bay, a lot of the stuff I had are worth a lot of $$$$$$$'s today.

I'm still mad at her for throwing MY STUFF away!

top topics

join