It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican hit by gay sex scandal

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Tiger5

I don't see how they could find something in the bible to defend themselves and in this case it may be difficult to do the usual pay off.
I agree it would be interesting to see the outcome but doubt it will become public.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Sorry, I don't know who you mean by Ted
so can't reply to your comment.

I see you added a video of Ted
and since it's so short I still can't reply

[edit on 4-3-2010 by AmericanDaughter]

[edit on 4-3-2010 by AmericanDaughter]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

even consider the mafia that they worship

Had to laugh at your choice of words. Mafia.

Story in a nutshell: An Italian cop, unable to find any crime with actual victims, spends his time eavesdropping on gay prostitutes, who ply their trade with residents of another country, Vatican City.

I suppose that's safer than fighting real crime in Italy.

[edit on 4-3-2010 by eight bits]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
As a Catholic I consider this to be excellent news. There have many many problems within the church hierarchy for years, and to me this is a sign that the "bad seeds" are finally beginning to be weeded out.

Honestly people, do you think that this would be out if the Vatican didn't allow it?

[edit on 4-3-2010 by searching4truth]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

rofl! I love this post SOOO much!

Anyway, when it comes to scandals at the Vatican I can only say the more the merrier. The sooner that institution crumbles, the better. It's hard not to hate the Vatican when they go around telling ignorant African people that condoms cause aids. Maybe they've missed the fact that in population we're up to 6.5 billion now.

And as I said in the other thread: I think it's fair to say that when you repress natural and innate behaviours and desires, you usually end up with some kind of philia or phobia. Nothing is more repressive about sexuality than Catholicism and it's no wonder that when all that pent up sexual steam bursts out of control, it doesn't always do so in the healthiest way, hence all the child abuse.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Welfhard

Yous seen Hitchens and Fry slaughtering the catholic clowns in the intelligent squared debate ? Totally entertaining with amazing results.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

The end of times seems to be fast approaching, for Christianity at least.

Damn it Moocow, if you would have left one word out of your OP
we would be in agreement. If you would have been more precise and said
Catholocism instead of Christianity. I would've starred faethered and flagged you. If you have time and are interested in being precise. I recomend the change. It's up to you.

[edit on 5-3-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
What planet are you people on who are saying Catholicism isn't Christianity?

Ok Catholics give more respect to Baby Mama of Jesus than the bearded hippy himself but they are still Christians.

So the most insular, closeted, powerful and richest organisation on the planet has some secrets hey. The Vatican isn't Disneyland this story would be the needle in a very corrupt haystack.

Maybe it's time the Vatican gave up religion and went full time into banking. It has little if any meaning to real life now and is slowly killing itself.

I've always though the Pope was quite cool though, except fro the inane cult he runs and the drivel than comes from his mouth.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by The Teller

What planet are you people on who are saying Catholicism isn't Christianity

The same one Jesus walked.

Next question.

[edit on 5-3-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Woahhh you really schooled me there. Well what can I say to such a thoughtful and knowledgeable retort?

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

Catholics and Christians are not the same,

Yes they are and even if they aren't I believe it as a matter of my faith so it is true

Catholics are far separated from Christianity. Christians don't follow the pope while the Catholics are devoted to what the pope says.

Frankly, I am glad the Vatican is exposed. I knew that a greater evil lived in the Vatican and it had to stop.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Lol. Sorry but I do have to laugh at this. People are still insisting that the Catholic Church isn't Christian.

So you are saying the largest subscribed Christian church in fact isn't Christian at all?

The only reason people will be overjoyed with this story and others like it is that the Roman Church is so powerful and tries to make itself to be bleach clean in it's ethics and morality. But we know that isn't true as we know no church is.

You get enough people together, have leaders of those people, throw in emotion and money and soon that power is abused. That's why the truest faith, the only real way to love god is to belong to no church at all.

Everybody who belongs to any church is part of a corrupt system that distorts it's view and teachings to maintain the subscribers and so the power.

I'm also glad this has happened as I am glad when any church or religious organisation is found out for what they truly are.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Of course. I even downloaded the high-definition version and watched it on my friends big LCD tv with popcorn. It was good, if a little short. Hitch and Dry owned!

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   

I bear no love for the empire but...this balducci fellow is not a man-of-the-cloth. He is simply an influential person privileged to attend to the needs of the pope.

unless, of course, this escalates if it is revealed he was doing it for actual members of the clergy

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Sickening, but not surprising.

Any group of same sex people becomes bitter and twisted.

But please, do not lump all of Christianity in with the corrupt Vatican.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I just found this thread to ask a question about the Vatican. Supposedly the Vatican is built on the bones of St Peter. (I am watching a History Chanel thing on the Illuminati) and this immediately struck me as a lie. Nothing against St Peter but the report just reeks of fabrication considering all the more significant relics say Mary, Joseph, Moses or even John the Baptist

Whose bones do you think the Vatican is sheltering, lording over like a mother hen... protecting from the world? Or is the Vatican actually protecting the world from IT??!!

So whose bones do you think are really buried there? I don't have a reason to suppose IT IS NOT St Peter.... other than an immediate gut instinct, a refusal of acceptance.

I am guessing either Christ or Satan.
The real shame is the Church is so far from blameless and spotless in all these scandals....that I have to wonder at all.

Because I have looked up stumbled upon and found so many leads to some sort of devious devilish type worship within the Church, this gay scandal is no surprise really par for the course. It merely confirms that Christianity, a miraculous, beneficial and generous "religion" has been co-opted by some sort of greedy (and all that entails) acquisitive, sex crazed, demonic influence.

My mother cried when they stripped everything of value from our church in the late 80's. All the ornate gold trimmings, (filigrees, statues, cups, stained glass,) were replaced with painted wood articles.
It was hard to say why our beloved Cathedral had suddenly gone from lavish opulence to "countrified rustic."
The magnificent church organ was sold traded in for a guy with a folk guitar on a bare alter.
She graduated from the Catholic elementary and high school across the street, was married in the Church, we were all baptized, Christened and confirmed there. I had frontier girl and later in life (lol) AA meetings right there in the basement of the church.
What do I say to an old woman? Well mom, priests were caught diddling the alter boys and need to cash in their assets because they need money for lawyers?
So much for the poor and needy.

I did not have to tell mom anything about the Church. I was older and more learned when I figured out why she seemed to know it was made up of a bunch of hypocrites.

Money sex, death drugs war and atrocities committed to children is just "method of operation" for a diabolical group masquerading as Christians and hiding behind a Christian CLOTH.

Hold a revealing candle to anyone who is not Christ like. Christ like is not the screaming murdering eye for an eye group of evangelicals screaming the loudest in the name of Him or The Lord. God.

Yes I will say these are the Anti Christ. There, I said it.

They are, when you hold up the Christ measure next to them to see how they resemble HIM, think like HIM, prove themselves to be none other than members of the ANTI CHRIST who you are warned about where Jesus says in The Lords Prayer. (A simple petition and code for life BTW) "and deliver us from evil"

And they have given true Christians a bad name.
Christianity was infiltrated and perverted from within BECAUSE IT WAS SO VALID AND VERIFIABLE A FAITH in the first place.

Christ is THE example.
The last model / final prototype / the basic education so none would be able
in the end to have the excuse: I did not know how to be.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join