It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baltic Ice traps Ships

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Baltic Ice traps Ships

news.bbc.co.uk

A number of ships, including ferries with thousands of passengers on board, have become stuck in ice in the Baltic Sea, officials say.
The vessels are grounded in the waters between Stockholm and the Aland Islands, Radio Sweden reports.
Many of the vessels are not likely to be freed for hours, Swedish maritime authorities were quoted as saying by the AFP news agency.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Could be a tricky night for thousands of Passengers, especially if Ice Floes and Winds are taking the Ships towards the coastline. I'm guessing by the Sea lanes that the initial threat is minimal, however the longer this plays out the more the Coastguards either side of the Baltic will start to want Evacuating if the Floes don't ease, or the Cutters can't make enough headway.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
More here, thought it was just a handful but it seems there's up to 50 commercial shipping vessels trapped in the Sea Ice since last night

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I hope that they extricate those ships without anyone getting hurt. I just have one thing to ask. How did they get stuck if the ice caps are receeding due to global warming? Last year the Russians had to send an ice breaker out to rescue a research ship when it got trapped in the ice. Anybody notice a trend?

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Send Al Gore up there to blow some hot air. That should take care of the situation.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead
Send Al Gore up there to blow some hot air. That should take care of the situation.

Now we find the true root cause of Global Warming, politician's hot air. Sorry I could only give you one star.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

You will need to take up a collection.......

Algore don't go anywhere for FREE!

Now if you told him they have sighted Manbearpig swimming in the Baltic....

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I'm glad I'm not the only person who thought this must be the cause of global warming...

new topics

top topics

join