It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drivers complain their Toyotas accelerate on their own AFTER recall repair

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Drivers complain their Toyotas accelerate on their own AFTER recall repair

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Toyota obviously still has problems with their vehicles and people driving those vehicles should realize that they are still in danger and could be dangerous to others on the road and to pedestrians.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I like this statement:

Software glitches can develop in the computers.

Erm, yeah. No, the glitches are programmed into them.

Anyway, it could be a problem in the Idle Air Control system if a mechanical accelerator problem isn't a fault.

Just think if the code and designs were open source, someone might have found the problem long ago. Oh, right, trade secrets. Lame.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Yeah real easy fix

Start
IF
break ≥= 1
THEN
Gas = 0
End

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I had heard somewhere that this might be due to faulty programming or something of the like. It sounds like to me that they are going to be shelling out another couple hundred million to get this problem fixed.

It just goes to show you that technology can't solve everything. Give me a totally mechanical car any day. At least I could fix and/or replace the parts myself.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I think these people just want free cars.

Maybe they should have bought a government motors car.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Similar problems with brakes are now showing up too.

Drivers traveling at high speed through deep water, over mud or gravel stomp on the brake pedal, and the car does not immediately stop.

Oh golly !!
The brakes must have failed.
I became very frightened, and and it will take a couple of million dollars and a brand new car to calm me down.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I think that the american people know that Toyota is in a bit of a pickle, and they know that they are powerless so what do they do?

They sue them

For what?

For a faulty gas pedal? How is it faulty when you foot is on the accelerator? And if a malfunction happens like that, CHANGE THE GEAR TO FRIKKIN NEUTRAL!! THEN YOU CAN BRAKE...

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
oh some of these "drivers" simply have their foot on the gas ,not the brake.if you take your car to empty parking lot you can find out for yourself why this is not possible if you have foot on brake.do this your self,left foot on brake, right foot on gas,enough preasure on the brake and car wont move, even with engine at WOT (wide open throttle) the same can be done at 60 mph also ,but you need both feet on the brakes & both hands on steering wheel, you can bring vehicle to stop , but these (drivers )say brakes wont work ,bullhockey!!l GET YOUR FOOT OFF THE GAS!!, 60 minutes did the same , lieing about the audi 5000 cars about 10-15yrs ago , the auto makers move pedal location around to where ever they want to there is no federal standard as to centering pedal location, off the centerline of steering wheel,this is not a new problem NHTSA has investigated this unintended acceleration (problem) and found that most are caused by the pedals being moved to the left of center of steering wheel.and drivers have foot on gas pedal.most often on cars that are changed to all-wheel drive or 4x4.the audi 5000 was caused by the EURO style pedals that audi was using, the pedals were almost the same size and location off the floor unlike american pedals that are very different in size and location.some of these people are simply putting their foot on the wrong pedal.and yes all you need to do is put vehicle in neutral!! a car magazine ,car and driver i think did story on the audi 5000 back in the day with owner of one that did unintended acceleration they set up test track and cameras and drove audi around till it took off by it self.owner was driving at the time,put car in neutral engaged parking brake stopped car jumped out yelling and all did you get that on viedo!! yes they did .rewound video and guess what the brake lights didnt come on.owner had foot on gas!!

[edit on 12-3-2010 by madokie]

[edit on 12-3-2010 by madokie]

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I wonder if it could be maybe an experiment of the government to see how well/easily they could shut down the accelerators and brakes of your car and make things LOOK like "accidents".

Just a thought...somewhat far out there thought...but a thought.

top topics

join