It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boeing 747 survives simulation bomb blast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

A test explosion on a Boeing 747 suggests that a US Christmas Day flight would have landed safely even if a bomb on board was detonated successfully.

The test plane's fuselage did not break in the controlled blast, which used the same amount of explosive allegedly carried by Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab.

Two points i would like to raise regarding this...

1. The test explosion was carried on a stationary plane on the ground... wouldn’t 500MPH and 30,000ft have made a difference to the test??

2. Is advertising the fact that the bomb did not breach the skin of the aircraft just making terrorists aware that they need bigger/better explosives????

I can’t never understand why they don’t keep stuff like this secret

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
it's so the people who are pissed the CIA didn't do anything about it can be assured the plane would have been fine.

i wonder about the human lives aboard though.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
being on the ground is one thing but rolling along at 500 mph and having seven different directions of wind and massive heat hit you... i say the government ought to put congress in two planes and the survivors of the test can then go back to work...

because ireally doubt it would survive.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
It's obvious that they would factor in wind and pressurization when making the test in the first place.

top topics

join