It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colored Skies and Earthquakes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I am bringing this up because of 2008 China quake, and now the recent Chili earthquake. I would also be interested to see if this occurred before the Haiti earthquake.

In 2008 we read reports and saw video from China of strange rainbow like colors in the sky and clouds before the earthquake struck. An atmospheric condition that has been increasing with larger quakes.

China May 12th 2008:
Bizarre colorful (luminous/glowing) cloud phenomenon in the sky was observed about 30 mins before the May 12, 2008 Sichuan earthquake took place. This was recorded in Tianshui, Gansu province 450km northeast of epicenter, by someone using a cell phone.
China earthquake and colored clouds

And now we have this report coming out of Chili:
Less than 24 hours after the premiere of the new National Geographic program Paranatural, which featured my colleagues and I from the L.E.M.U.R. team studying atmospheric phenomenon and Earth lights in Western North Carolina, news is beginning to surface regarding similar phenomenon said to have occurred just prior to the recent 8.8 earthquake that struck Chile. One of the most credible reports of such phenomenon stems from a Chilean news reporter, Cecelia Lagos, who was interviewed by MSNBC and CNN networks. Lagos described “seeing the sky change colors outside her window as her house shook.” Lagos describes “I saw through my window, while I was still in bed, I saw the sky changing colors, it was absolutely surreal. I really thought it was the end of the world…I don’t know I hope you understand me because I’m not exaggerating really because I saw it through my window like that. That was the most terrifying thing seeing the sky changing colors with the terribly, amazingly, strong movement of the earth, I thought, ok…this is mother earth… the earth opened up and buildings crumbled into the earth …like in the movie 2012…”

What is causing this atmospheric effect in the sky 20 to 30 minutes before a large quake occurs? There is but one device that exists that could effect the atmosphere in such a way. And rumor has it that this device is also capable of concentrating its energy in such a way as to create vibration in existing fault lines. This devise is H.A.A.R.P.

Is H.A.A.R.P. creating this atmospheric rainbow effect and causing massive earthquakes as a tool to bring about fears of 'The End Times"? Is this another population reduction and fear tactic for control? I feel these are important enough questions to deserve a deeper look into this subject.

Also, due to this repeating situation, the skies near major fault areas need to be monitored by some kind of siesmic sensor imagery or cameras. If this rainbow atmospheric effect can be studied it could provide more answers.

Even if this ends up having nothing to do with H.A.A.R.P., it could be found that if this rainbowed atmospheric phenomenon occurs naturally 20 to 30 minutes before a quake, it could be facilitated and used as a warning system for these populations. One could simply look to see the status of H.A.R.R.P. before each of these quakes occurred. But I am sure that would be classified and compartmentalized, so.......

I just feel that this should be looked into a little more and that more attention should be paid to this re-occurring phenomenon.

Cheers

[edit on 4-3-2010 by arizonascott]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I think you should also consider the possibility of solar activity and CME's from the sun. There was one about that time which was predicted to have potentially impacted earth (though I do not know of any confirmation that it hit earth) around Feb 28th. There is another thread regarding that subject here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by arizonascott

Earthquake lights have been observed since the dawn of mankind; it is just a phenomenon that isn't widely known. But ever since that Japanese dude in the 60's took photographs of them they are accepted in science and have been documented ever since. There are several theories on the mechanisms that produce them - google earthquake lights and choose the one you like best.

But the main point is: Earthquake lights have been witnessed for thousands of years before men ever built machines.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   

HAARP could cause this type of phenomenon, but it's very doubtful that HAARP did cause those particular earthquakes.

I've studied earthquakes "days and weeks before they've struck" over the decades that I have studied earthquakes and I've seen this phenomenon at every earthquake cell site; anyplace where an earthquake will occur, its a precursor and post cursor phenomenon. Of course I use special equipment to see that phenomenon 24 hours a day, for days and weeks at a time before the earthquakes strike. It can also be seen up to 1.5 days after earthquakes have struck. You can find this kind of stuff in my 22 YouTube videos.

www.youtube.com...

People all over the world can see this kind of phenomenon for days and weeks before each earthquake strikes, if they use the right type of equipment. They can also see this same phenomenon directly above man-made dams that are holding back large deep bodies of water.

The colors exhibited in the sky are very pronounced right before earthquakes with greater magnitudes strike. At other times before such earthquakes can strike, earthquake fog can be seen, and ring clouds or earthquake clouds can be seen in the sky directly over such sites.

www.youtube.com...

By using the right type of equipment this phenomenon is seen from extreme distances. For instance since the Chile earthquake was 8.8 in magnitude that means that people could have seen this phenomenon up to 780 miles away 24 hours a day, for days before it struck if they were using the right type of equipment to see it.

Out in the Oceans and deep in mountainous terrain where man has no land access, unmanned drones will be used to pinpoint the epicenters of earthquakes before they strike and then the earthquakes magnitudes can be determined by mapping pressures and distances from the epicenter piezoseismically.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
There is more then one microwave anntena array and haarp is becoming less and less likely in MY opinion i know others differ. The government doesnt even own haarp entirely and the device is not able to project weather and earthquakes if you read how it works it can effect local weather but not project weather and earhquakes like a gun.

HAARP is a scapegot and it appears to be working well.

Our government has no need to get caught they are not going to allow the public any disclosure of such a weapon
if it existed?
its ashame we cannot look further then HAARP to find our cullprit.

Be Well

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Yeah its not HAARP.
Apparently part of the earthquake process.
But don't tell the gravity people please.
Cause light comes from electrons jumping bands in atoms.
So earth movement might ignite atmospheric lights.
Or an influx of hot radiation, like Velikovsky had Venus due
in its close approach at this time of year, caused action deep
in the earth.
Comet tails do come around for thousands of years.
I'd say we got some remnant of the Exodus comet.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Techntonic plates have been theorised to display Auroral Borealis type lights over an Earthquake area before. Perhaps it is due to the magnetic charge created by the plates moving against each other. But then again...theres always HAARP.

[edit on 5-3-2010 by Blood Eagle]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Thank you everyone for the replies. I believe that the rainbow effect has been seen and documented in skies for 100's of years.

However, I also believe that inducing an earthquake will also have the same result. If H.A.A.R.P. was emitting at that time and being that it would be coming from the upper atmosphere, I am sure it would have that effect.

A perfect senario if you wanted it to look like an everyday earthquake event. That would be a win win for those who use that technology.

But again, I respect all opinions and stated replies - I still maintain my personal view and opinion. Thanks

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Nah, nothing to it. We get those things in the sky all the time when the humidity is high (Sough Central Georgia) and never have any earthquakes. My dad used to call them "Sun Dogs".

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Thank you everyone for the replies. I believe that the rainbow effect has been seen and documented in skies for 100's of years.

That sounds like good research yet who knows as part of critical
every day living.
The Indonesian Tidal Wave has islanders running for high ground
when there tide was way out beyond sight.
They knew the sign.
Because gravity people do not want lights from electrons going
off to tell us electricity is in the air.
I for one am deeply offender at this ignorance promoted by the
Illuminati just to hide things like UFO propulsion and free ether energy.

As another great job the term Tsunami is the Japanese Term for
Tidal Wave which further hides the nature of actual events and was
designated the official terminology by undoubtedly some member
of the Illuminati.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I wander if the phenomenon made the skies seem red?

There is an ancient Hopi Prophecy:

"We will receive many warnings allowing us to change our ways from below the Earth, as well as above. Then one morning in a moment, we will awaken to the Red Dawn. The sky will be the color of blood. Many things will then begin to happen that right now we are not sure of their exact nature. For much of reality will not be as it is now.

[edit on 29-3-2010 by TruthOverload]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Blood Eagle

I recall seeing multi colored clouds..quite bright too, quite colorful when
I was back home. I know of no relationship at that time to any quake
activity although there can mild activity from time to time. The colors reminded me of an oil slick floating on a puddle
of water or not exactly like a rainbow. I cannot quite remember if
there were many so called chemtrails in the area but often there were
many planes transversing the skies going in different directions. Some
might call them sundogs but this occured in the early afternoon, the
strange colored changing cloud..perhaps it was refraction of sunlight after all or had something to do with temperature changes in the air.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Most earthquake clouds are mistaken for other phenomena that has nothing to do with tectonic activity. Phenomena such as iridescence, halo's and sundogs are all caused by ice crystal based clouds high in the sky. The refraction and diffraction of sunlight is scattered by the ice prisms, causing them to show a variety of colours.

Here you go, educate yourself with these:

www.atoptics.co.uk...

www.atoptics.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthOverload

The traditions of the world predicted only what had happened many
times to them during the seven ages of man.

“These ominous clouds . . . rumbling and shooting lightning, overspread the sky.” (2) They were “as vast as mountains.” “Some were dusky, some crimson, some white, some brilliant (in hue).(3) Other sources describe them as yellow, or azure, or red.

www.varchive.org...

Over one 2000 year period the poles reversed and the earth stood still
all as the skies brought disaster.
The fear of repetitive ages brought on human sacrifice to ward off these
disasters into modern history.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Of course. I'm not saying that there's any truth to the Hopi prophecy. Just an interesting tidbit. You find similar stories of frightening things happening in the skies in nearly every society. The Mayans believed it, the Abrahamic faiths believe it, and so on and so forth.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthOverload
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Of course. I'm not saying that there's any truth to the Hopi prophecy. Just an interesting tidbit. You find similar stories of frightening things happening in the skies in nearly every society. The Mayans believed it, the Abrahamic faiths believe it, and so on and so forth.

Yes there was truth in it as this is what happened every time the
thought the world was ending.
So the world might end that way for good or have a final transition.
But seven ages and we are still here.
Thanks for posting
The Hopi must have had a great tradition to bring it this far.
You just brought out the thoughts of Velikovsky.
Everyone in the world experienced the end and wrote of it and Velikovsky
read them all it seems.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I to thought it may be HAARP but i come to the conclusion that the government is working on a weapon that will create earthquakes to attack its enemy. what if they are using sompthing creating them we dont even know about. it could happen. people come up with things all the time.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
so i got to say this, haarp can actually cause earthquakes its a simple science when you think about it.

earthquakes do have lights and i disagree with it being caused from the sun.

also i think they got the idea from telsa who had a similar idea with his earthquake machine.

top topics

join