It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Signs of Nibiru?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

I guess you're talking about NEAT (C2002 V1).
They didn't tell anybody about it?
www.space.com...
apod.gsfc.nasa.gov...
www.windows.ucar.edu...=/headline_universe/comet_neat_feb_2003.html
cometography.com...
www.space.com...

You're right, it is coming back. In about 32,000 years.

it will come back in 32,000 years, ASSUMING THE SUN IS AT THE CENTER OF ITS ORBIT. If it is an elipitical orbit, the sun could be at the end of its orbit. It could be turning around right now, and coming back. Look up binary star systems. They move faster as they approach each other.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

The orbit is known. It is not coming back for a very long time.
www.cfa.harvard.edu...

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Nibiru or not, I remember about 2 years ago, I was listening to Coast to Coast AM. The guest, and I don't remember who, was making the point that Global Warming was just a cover for the impending devastation about to befall the world.
This was 2008, and he was saying that as we went through 2009 and into 2010, we would see more and more world wide events due to the approach of a large planetary body... weather phenomena, earthquakes, and volcanic activity. By the end of 2010, the catastrophies would be beyond coincidence, and the world's populace would quickly realize that something was amiss. Look next for even more seismac activity and unusually spectacular meteor showers, falling stars, etc.

I've been listening to such rants on C2C since 1996, so I didn't put much thought into it besides it being entertaining. Well, on second thought... in light of recent events, I can't help but go...hmmmm.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

The orbit is known. It is not coming back for a very long time.
www.cfa.harvard.edu...

You're gonna tell me they know the orbit of this object that they didn't even see until two months before it entered the solar system? They don't know anything. All they know, is a comet, twice the size of jupiter, came out of freaking nowhere, and zoomed back out beyond the solar system. They didn't alert the media because they thought we here on planet earth were toast. They are shocked that it didn't have more of an impact on the solar system. But I have a theory as to why it didn't impact the solar system.

My theory starts here. I think it didn't impact our solar system, because it came into the solar system from directly above the sun, came very close to hitting the sun, inside the orbit of mercury. Meaning, its gravitational pull didn't have much effect on everything else, because the sun is already pulling everything from there. When this comet comes back, it won't be so close to the sun, and there will be a pull coming from the other side. So if earth is like this / now, when this object goes by really close, on the opposite side of earth from the sun it will make it go like this |. There will be a pull, and that pull could cause a tidal wave as the oceans follow it, just like the oceans have tides with the moon. Imagine it..... an object bigger than earth, coming as close as the moon. Imagine the effects. Think about it. If this object is coming back, which is very possible if you look up binary star systems. Then, maybe 2012 isn't so far fetched afterall.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   

That's right. It only shows up every 32,000 years or so. No one knew it was coming because the last time it was here we were living in caves. But once it did show up its movement revealed its orbit. It's called orbital mechanics.

The comet was first discovered in November, 2002 when it was 217 million miles from the Sun. It became visible to the naked eye in January of 2003. It rounded the Sun in February and was still visible in March as it was leaving. If you had read the links I posted you would know that.

What do you mean they didn't "alert the media"? Just because you didn't know about doesn't mean no one else did. A lot of people were interested and a lot of people saw it.

It's a comet, a fluffy ball of ice and dust. Unless it hits a planet it doesn't have an impact on anything and no one who knows anything about comets expected it to.

Your "theory" is nothing but uninformed speculation and makes no sense whatsoever.

[edit on 3/5/2010 by Phage]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I looked at your link, and I already knew everything you told me. But, this comet was moving to fast. I believe that it is a star. A brown dwarf star. If you look up binary star systems, you can see that they speed up very quickly when they approach each other. This comet was moving at that speed. It came into the solar system on a very sharp angle. If the elipitcal orbit is true, and the sun is not at the center of the orbit, then we may see the comet again soon. If I am right, it should be visible around mid 2011. I know thats a long ways away, but remember I said this. I have been working on this theory for a while. If the so called nibiru is coming, and the sumerians are right about a 10th planet, that neat comet is as close as it gets. Unless there is another body twice the size of jupiter out there, which is blocked on the google ski and wikisky and microsoft telescope, the neat comet is really a brown dwarf star, which would give it a tail, like a comet. Our sun being in a binary system isn't that odd. Most stars are in a binary system. Keep watch, coming from the south around may - august 2011.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Well while you put up some good evidence i also have my own.

The comet was faintly visible in the evening sky last week for viewers with dark sky conditions. It has been in LASCO's field of view since Sunday. It will begin to drop out of the picture, in the lower right, at about 4 or 5 a.m. EST on Thursday, Feb. 20.

NEAT will then begin a long journey back out into the fringes of the solar system. While Earth orbits the Sun every year, comet NEAT requires about 37,000 years to make a single, elongated loop. [www.space.com...]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Why does no one consider that this Nibiru thing might be made of dark matter? If it was a mass of dark matter, it should have gravity and be not visible. And as there is supposed to be more dark matter in the universe than normal matter. So the odds would favor that for any unknown.

[edit on 3/5/2010 by Larryman]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Larryman
Why does no one consider that this Nibiru thing might be made of dark matter? If it was a mass of dark matter, it should have gravity and be not visible.

Because believe Zecharia Sitchin is already go too far and believe that the Sumerians could see dark matter is even more.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Just to slide back towards the wave thing......
folk.uio.no...
Gigantic ocean waves aren't common,but they happen...
(I've read somewhere that 150ft waves have been tracked by satellite,however I can't find anything...Anybody got anything?)

Nibiru's existence hasn't been proven.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by demonseed
there is evidence that it caused destruction. Read the bible. Read flood myths. Look at the 3600 year cycles of climate change throughout the earth.

Ancient texts, especially those of questionable validity, cannot be used as scientific evidence.

I'm going to need a projected orbit, or some other kind of flight path, of said comet. A projected path that will either cause it to come so close to Earth as to cause a worldwide catastrophe or simply smash it to pieces. If you can give me official documentation, from an official government source, then I can start taking this Nibiru thing seriously. Otherwise there is absolutely no reason to believe Nibiru is going to cause us any harm if it exists at all.

As I've stated in another post, Sitchen has to prove himself. Nothing he says has any credibility unless he can provide the proof.

[edit on 5-3-2010 by aletheia]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak
If nibru or whatever is real then we would be able to see it by now. But we dont.

It is seen now you may not possess the proper eyes or technology whichever you use but HE DESTROYER STAR IS CLOSE friend..

BEFORE ANY PROVE IT STARTS LOOK UP KOLBRIN BIBLE WRITTEN WITH KNOWLEDGE FROM EGYPTIANS AND CELTS ENJOY.

[edit on 3/5/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ry4245
Well while you put up some good evidence i also have my own.

The comet was faintly visible in the evening sky last week for viewers with dark sky conditions. It has been in LASCO's field of view since Sunday. It will begin to drop out of the picture, in the lower right, at about 4 or 5 a.m. EST on Thursday, Feb. 20.

NEAT will then begin a long journey back out into the fringes of the solar system. While Earth orbits the Sun every year, comet NEAT requires about 37,000 years to make a single, elongated loop. [www.space.com...]

That's only if you eat what they spoon feed you. It was moving faster than any object they have ever seen. If it is in a highly eliptical orbit, and the sun is at one end of its orbit, then its coming back soon enough. We can't prove its not coming back, and we can't prove it is, so this argument is pointless. At least until it comes back, then it was nice knowing ya.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Twice the mass of Jupiter is 634 times more massive than Earth.
Solar bodies would move toward it.
High tide would be absurd.
Anything not nailed down would levitate.

Do you think no-one would notice it?
I certainly didn't.

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   

I can't even believe what you are proposing.

Are you actually serious, this is just ridiculous.

It was a comet, we know that for certain as Phage pointed out, we know it's orbit, we know it was NOT twice the size of Jupiter, I don't know where you got that figure, and if you have evidence please post it.

It takes 32K years to come back around, not 10. I don't think ANYTHING in our solar system has an orbit of 10 years that is eliptical, that's almost impossible I think.

It's NOT a brown dwarf as it would NOT have looked like a comet....

Rethink your theory my friend and base it on SCIENCE, not disinformation.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
reply to post by hippomchippo

That is a planet sized comet. Its the biggest comet ever seen. It was also the fastest moving comet ever seen. It was moving so fast it was out of the solar system in a few days. If it's orbit is highly eliptical, and the sun is not at its center, this comet just might be turning around very soon and heading back toward our solar system. It will then pass through it again, and head back out on its very long orbit and wont come back into the solar system for thousands of years.

Yes, a planet sized COMET
NOT NIBIRU

posted on Mar, 6 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by demonseed
Eathquakes, tsunami's, global climate change and now this:

news.yahoo.com...

Sure, its all just a coincidence....

[edit on 4-3-2010 by demonseed]

I think that the earthquakes and the tsunamis of this last period are caused by the solar storms, that are changing the terrestrial magnetism

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I so look forward to an event of this magnitude.
To be witness to an event like this would be Epic.

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak
If nibru or whatever is real then we would be able to see it by now. But we dont.

Never say never, there are many things that humans cannot yet see/view from 3D perspective/spectrum.

Those who believe they see it all are missing it all. "Infinite Dimensions."

"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the Universe."
Albert Einstein.

The world will not end. (However) major cyclic events/changes are coming on a physical/spiritual level and just around the corner.
Both go hand in hand.
As Within so Without.
As Above So Below.

www.poleshift2011.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is nothing to fear but fear itself.

The Inevitability of Death is nothing to fear.

Death is Life and Life is Death.

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you."
Buddha

[edit on 11-3-2010 by ET_MAN]

posted on Mar, 11 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by demonseed

www.abovetopsecret.com...
You should check out my past post ...on disaster the
2012-ISM dust-Cosmic Rays-Global/Solar System Warming-Possible beginning of ICE AGE
..Seems all recent events can be contributed to ISM the local g-cloud/Local Fluff...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join