It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Signs of Nibiru?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Eathquakes, tsunami's, global climate change and now this:

news.yahoo.com...

Sure, its all just a coincidence....

[edit on 4-3-2010 by demonseed]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
If nibru or whatever is real then we would be able to see it by now. But we dont.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
well it has to actually EXIST first, so I would say no, that it isn't any indication of nibiru.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by demonseed

Coincidence? No. We live on a very active and dynamic planet.

To quote Michael Crichton from a speech of his on complexity and climate given in 2005:

Earthquakes are continuous, a million and a half of them every year, or three every minute. A Richter 5 quake every six hours, a major quake every 3 weeks. A quake as destructive as the one in Pakistan every 8 months. It's nothing new, it's right on schedule.

At any moment there are 1,500 electrical storms on the planet. A tornado touches down every six hours. We have ninety hurricanes a year, or one every four days. Again, right on schedule. Violent, disruptive, chaotic activity is a constant feature of our globe.

Is this the end of the world? No: this is the world. It's time we knew it.

Welcome to planet Earth.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
The problem is, as we spread out and become more populated, we will experience more of the natural occurances of earth.

Now with the internet and 7 billion people, what would be not even noticed 100 years ago (yet still occuring) is now plastered all over our media forms and freaking us out.

every year we have thousands of earthquakes...been this way since recorded history, yet now with our intertubes feeding us disaster reports by the hour, we think we are living in some apocolyptic time.

The world is not ending, the world is simply being documented now.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by demonseed

It even says in the article you posted:

Large waves are not rare in the Mediterranean, but ones that size occur only once or twice a year, said Marta de Alfonso, an oceanographer with the Spanish government.

I think they're called rogue waves or freak waves.

I don't think this is related to Nibiru, if it exists.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Nibiru is probably from another dimension.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I don't believe Nibiru has been confirmed by science...

The fantastic ravings of a single mad man can't possibly be a serious topic, or can it? I'll give Sitchin the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he's the next Nostradamus. I'm just going to need some science to back up his claims.

I'm open minded, though, and if he's right let it be proven with science.

[edit on 4-3-2010 by aletheia]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I'd like to believe in Nibiru, But this really isn't a plausible relation yet
Nice try though.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
We all know the sun and the moon cause tidal forces, and both appear large enough in the sky to be unmistakable.

Anything else out there with enough mass/distance sufficient to start tectonic plate movement on the scale we are seeing, is going to appear visibly huge as well.

So where is it ?

[edit on 4/3/2010 by Silver Shadow]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Nibiru did fly through the solar sytem in 2003. It was twice the size of jupiter, and it caused massive solar flares from the sun. NASA called it a comet. The comets name was NEAT. They never told the media about it because they know that this so called comet is coming back. It is in a sling shot orbit around the sun, it was moving very very fast, it is in the process of turning around for its return trip through the solar system. Look up binary star systems. They speed up as they get closer. Nibiru AKA Comet NEAT, is going to come back through our solar system in dec 2012. It was visible from earth, back in feb 2003. You can find images of it here

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

Search for the images on nasa's soho lasco 3 database from feb 18th to 25th.
A comet twice the size of jupiter passed through our solar system, and you guys have no idea. That's how much of a secret this is. Google NEAT COMET if you don't believe me. People captured pictures of it.

[edit on 4-3-2010 by xxshadowfaxx]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by xxshadowfaxx

Yeah.. forgive me, but nothing in that post is proof. You claim a comet was more than it was... can you back that up with some evidence?

Perhaps actual NASA photographs that show it's size relative to Jupiter?

Edit: Well... I mean... ok. Let's say NEAT is Nibiru. It looks like the photos are what I asked for as evidence.
Still. Let's say for a moment it is Nibiru. Is there, then, any evidence it will cause a worldwide catastrophe? I mean... let's not panic without due cause.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I fixed the link. That photo is taken from nasa. You can find it on nasa site. If you look at the comet, and compare it to the white circle which represent the sun, you can see that it is very large.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxshadowfaxx
Nibiru did fly through the solar sytem in 2003. It was twice the size of jupiter, and it caused massive solar flares from the sun. NASA called it a comet. The comets name was NEAT. They never told the media about it because they know that this so called comet is coming back. It is in a sling shot orbit around the sun, it was moving very very fast, it is in the process of turning around for its return trip through the solar system. Look up binary star systems. They speed up as they get closer. Nibiru AKA Comet NEAT, is going to come back through our solar system in dec 2012. It was visible from earth, back in feb 2003. You can find images of it here

sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

Search for the images on nasa's soho lasco 3 database from feb 18th to 25th.
A comet twice the size of jupiter passed through our solar system, and you guys have no idea. That's how much of a secret this is. Google NEAT COMET if you don't believe me. People captured pictures of it.

[edit on 4-3-2010 by xxshadowfaxx]

You're saying a planet twice the size of jupiter flew through our solar system and NO amateur astronomers captured it? NO observatories saw it?

EDIT: so this is nibiru?
www.space.com...
Looks an awful lot like a comet to me.

[edit on 4-3-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I can agree that it is most likely just the earth being earth. I will say this though, that in 2008 or so I listened to this author discuss her book with someone and it was about this "people" she speaks to in clairvoyance. The major thing she said was that at the start of 2010 there would be a pretty bad earthquake and the weather would get progressively worse throughout the year. I'd say her sources were right on the money. She also said that this would be one of the serious signs of Nibiru. Anyways, if it is real, it must be getting close just not close enough to see, not yet anyways...but seriously to anyone involved in this, what would you do if you could see Nibiru?

[edit on 4-3-2010 by agentofchaos]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Two statements.

1. All things are connected.

2. I believe in coincidence

Take your pick.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

That is a planet sized comet. Its the biggest comet ever seen. It was also the fastest moving comet ever seen. It was moving so fast it was out of the solar system in a few days. If it's orbit is highly eliptical, and the sun is not at its center, this comet just might be turning around very soon and heading back toward our solar system. It will then pass through it again, and head back out on its very long orbit and wont come back into the solar system for thousands of years.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

I guess you're talking about NEAT (C2002 V1).
They didn't tell anybody about it?
www.space.com...
apod.gsfc.nasa.gov...
www.windows.ucar.edu...=/headline_universe/comet_neat_feb_2003.html
cometography.com...
www.space.com...

You're right, it is coming back. In about 32,000 years.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by aletheia

Yeah.. forgive me, but nothing in that post is proof. You claim a comet was more than it was... can you back that up with some evidence?

Perhaps actual NASA photographs that show it's size relative to Jupiter?

Edit: Well... I mean... ok. Let's say NEAT is Nibiru. It looks like the photos are what I asked for as evidence.
Still. Let's say for a moment it is Nibiru. Is there, then, any evidence it will cause a worldwide catastrophe? I mean... let's not panic without due cause.

there is evidence that it caused destruction. Read the bible. Read flood myths. Look at the 3600 year cycles of climate change throughout the earth.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join