It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chile, three days later - in pictures

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
A terrible earthquake hitted the Chile three days ago. I want to present you some pictures of what is happening, what has happened and more. Please take a moment to think about the families and everything and how we are lucky that nothing happened here. (well for me..)

Here is a very devastating photo gallery that will present you everything that has happened in Chile.

Special thanks to DailyGalaxy.com that presented this photogallery.

Four days after one of the largest earthquakes ever recorded struck Chile, the massive extent of the damage is becoming clearer, and the number of known victims has climbed to 723 deaths so far, many thousands still missing, and nearly 2 million displaced. Collected here are recent photos from areas in Chile damaged by Saturday's 8.8-magnitude earthquake and ensuing tsunami.

www.boston.com...

Casey Kazan via Boston.com Big Picture

Thanks alot everyone.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Even though I see it - in huge photos - it's hard for me to even comprehend.

My prayers go out to Chile.

Thank you for the thread and taking the time to link the photos.

peace

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Yes, I agree completely. It's a very hard situation for them. So much pain and misery.. it's unimaginable what is happening to them. And yes, even with pictures, we can't really see or feel what is happening in their heart. But atleast we can see what are the damages caused by the earthquake and then, maybe it's easier for us to understand their situation and help them a way or another...

Peace

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I'm amazed after seeing the pictures that the death toll is not much higher than it is. The first picture of the boat really puts it into perspective - the beautiful, raw and deadly power of nature on this turbulent hunk of rock we call Earth.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by GhostR1der
I'm amazed after seeing the pictures that the death toll is not much higher than it is. The first picture of the boat really puts it into perspective - the beautiful, raw and deadly power of nature on this turbulent hunk of rock we call Earth.

Yes..
But it's not just about deaths. Sadly, material things are very important for us in this kind of world, they take a so large part of what we think is important that when earthquakes or other natural disasters happens, we are devastated by the fact that we have lost material objects or "things.

But, you could see it differently. By losing thoses material "things", you realize that what is left, and will only left, is the gift of life, which is the most important thing in the world for me, and I hope you realize this too.

Peace

top topics

join