It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skeptics/Debunkers: How would you react if you see a real alien?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
For skeptics and debunkers, let's say for one moment (for you at least) that aliens are real and they decided to abduct you or just appear to you. How would having a real alien experience affect you? Would you continue being a skeptic/debunker or will you accept that aliens exist? Just how much "alien evidence" it would take to convince you that aliens would exist?

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sphinx551

After sh*ting my pants, I would great him with the Vulcan Salute \\\///

Man, that would be the scariest thing.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Hmmm... I think I would ask him for some Romulan Ale!

IRM

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

I am skeptical of spectacular, extraordinary claims that are not supported by evidence of exceptional quality. Because of this I often find myself debunking the ET explanation of UFO reports. I acknowledge UFOs but am unconvinced of the ET explanation, and I vocally advocate less spectacular explanations. I suppose I am a skeptic and debunker.

It is difficult to predict how I would actually respond to an experience that would be in radical disagreement with my worldview. I honestly believe that I am an open minded person, and if I had an experience that I was sure was real with something that I was sure was an alien, then I would of course believe that I had had a real experience with an alien and all that that entails: aliens exist, they've been to earth, ect.

But the skeptical part of my mind is already trying to explain this hypothetical experience in a way that is in agreement with my worldview. How would I know I wasn't hallucinating? Dreaming? How could I rule out a psychological explanation along the lines of a hallucination? If I could somehow become convinced that this experience was completely real - in the sense that what I thought I was experience corresponded to the actual objective reality that I was participating in(ie. not a hallucination, dream, or any variation of that explanation) - then I would ask, how can I be sure it was an alien?

If I could answer those questions, then I would believe that I had had an ET encounter. I wouldn't take this to mean that every UFO was an alien spaceship, or that every abduction report was real, but I would at least be sure that one(my own) was real. This would probably restructure my worldview at least to some extent, and I would probably be more accepting of the ET explanation for UFOs and of abduction reports.

I would still want exceptional evidence for extraordinary claims though, and in at least one case(my own) I would have it. I would still come on ATS and call all the Chinese Lanterns for what they were, and I would still try to demand a very high standard of evidnce for ET related claims.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I would do as any good American and shoot it to damn Hell.

Then I would start a thread with *pics*

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

I think I would show him how to "phone home", if he is harmless.

Otherwise I think I'll do the same as Signals.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I would just sit there, in awe. Shock, horror, enthusiasm, happiness (that extraterrestrials actually exist), and of course, more horror.

I'm putting money that aliens don't resemble humans at all. So it'd be similar to encountering something from Independence Day or War of The Worlds.

But I'd without a doubt sh*t my pants, cry, sh*t some more, and whip out my phone and snap some pics

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I would send it peaceful and loving thoughts. Because it would most likely be telepathic. I would keep a respectful distance, and ask for a joyride in its spaceship, or to be taken to another human planet that isn't run by a corrupt ruling elite.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sphinx551
For skeptics and debunkers, let's say for one moment (for you at least) that aliens are real and they decided to abduct you or just appear to you. How would having a real alien experience affect you? Would you continue being a skeptic/debunker or will you accept that aliens exist? Just how much "alien evidence" it would take to convince you that aliens would exist?

Thanks.

I would react as I did.

That is to say, I would cease to be a skeptic/debunker.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by OnceReturned

It is difficult to predict how I would actually respond to an experience that would be in radical disagreement with my worldview. I honestly believe that I am an open minded person.

Seriously, my friend (I don't mean that sarcastically), everything you wrote says that you're not an open minded person. Even with proof beyond any doubt, you still remained skeptical. That is not open minded. You have your beliefs, which is fine, everyone is entitled to them, but have the courage to challenge your beliefs when faced with honest facts.

Peace

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by BtotheG
I would just sit there, in awe. Shock, horror, enthusiasm, happiness (that extraterrestrials actually exist), and of course, more horror.

I'm putting money that aliens don't resemble humans at all. So it'd be similar to encountering something from Independence Day or War of The Worlds.

But I'd without a doubt sh*t my pants, cry, sh*t some more, and whip out my phone and snap some pics

Unlike my last post, now this is an honest answer. Congrats.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

HAHAH!!!

I don't think you could of put it any better, Chad.

=)

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I'm skeptical because I've never seen one myself. I have to admit, I'm a bit jealous of those who have seen them but, not they guys who've been abducted.

If I actually saw one, I'd try to catch that little sucker, hog tie him and sell tickets to see him for $20.00 a pop.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

If I actually saw one, I'd try to catch that little sucker, hog tie him and sell tickets to see him for $20.00 a pop.

And that's why they have not and will not contact you!

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   

I would still continue to not believe half the crap i see on the net. being a skeptic/debunker does not mean you do not believe in the fact that there may be aliens out there. Most skeptics/debunkers just prefer to look over something before announcing a video to be "OMG 100% UNDENIABLE PROOF" .

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
i woulda said what took u so long

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by avatar01
I would send it peaceful and loving thoughts. Because it would most likely be telepathic.

It would? Have you been reading the Ashtar Command Monthly Newsletter again?

What's to say they don't fart Morse code?

Might explain why people smell sulfur when in the presence of aliens!

IRM

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I think my first reaction would be figuring out a way to Kill it . If sucessful , I would then be the one in a position of Power that would enable me to Control the situation , and if possible , have Hard Evidence of a Dead Alien Corpse as tangible Proof of my experience in telling others that they Do exist ............... Ah , on second thought , what are the chances of that happening ? ...........Guess I might just crap my pants like the other guy said.......

[edit on 3-3-2010 by Zanti Misfit]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join