It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Capturing a Ghost?? Ghosts Auctioned Online (Article Attached)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Well this is a first, apparently you can capture a ghost? Maybe its just me but I've never heard of such nonsense, if anyone has similiar experiences I'm keen to learn....

www.heraldsun.com.au...

The funny part is these people are trying to Ebay the spirits off...

*Mod Edit: Title editted to give more detail (to stop duplicate threads popping up). Hope ya don't mind. Cheers -alien

[edit on 4-3-2010 by alien]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Ha ha that is awesome. I can think of a few peoples houses I would like to let them go in. I mean If you could really Catch and Release ghosts or spirits....
Good find. I wonder if someone actually will buy them

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Well, I will respond with both a scientific answer and a metaphysical answer.

Scientific: No. There is no proof that spirits even exist, so you cannot capture what does not exist (and if you've read my profile, you'll know straight away that I do not believe that statement).

Metaphysical: Yes. I have 20 years of experience in these types of things, and from a metaphysical stand point, I believe it possible to capture a "ghost in a bottle" as it were. If you are open-minded enough to learn, I would suggest getting a copy of The Ghost Hunter's Survival Guide by Michelle Belanger. While she has sold out in recent years, her words still have a lot of weight in them, and it's an interesting read besides. The process is really a matter of the transfer of energy from one place to another, and while it is not currently detectable by modern science, I can assure you that a properly trained "human machine" is indeed capable of amazing things.

I won't go any deeper than that, as it would take me far too long to explain, but those are my two cents.

-truthseeker

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Hi Truthseeker,
Thanks for the recommendation, will certainly look into it.

Over 20 years of experience -man you must have seen some crazy things!! Interesting though, I mean, I’ve never really heard of removing energy/ghosts from one source to another... otherwise wouldn’t people be doing it all the time? You know, like calling an exterminator...

Just seems a bit fictional to me. But maybe i need to open my mind

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by downunder666
Hi Truthseeker,
Thanks for the recommendation, will certainly look into it.

Over 20 years of experience -man you must have seen some crazy things!! Interesting though, I mean, I’ve never really heard of removing energy/ghosts from one source to another... otherwise wouldn’t people be doing it all the time? You know, like calling an exterminator...

Just seems a bit fictional to me. But maybe i need to open my mind

I do see what you mean, but like I said, science doesn't take this field of study seriously, and those few scientists that attempt to give any credence to this topic end up being ostracized by their peers. This is the reason why people won't "call the Ghostbusters" as it were. People like me who do have the ability to interact with the otherworldly things do not normally charge for our services, as it would only lend to the popular belief and stereotype that we're all charlatans taking people's hard earned money away (of course I could say the same thing about the US Government, but that's for a different thread).

I have never "captured" a spirit myself, as I have ethical reasons for not doing so. I more often than not help them to cross over. In the event that they choose not to, then I usually tell the clients to deal with it or move out. In those rare cases where the entity becomes violent, I will eliminate their essence from this plane of existence by force. This process is not an easy process, and I feel mental, physical, emotional, and spiritual symptoms for weeks afterward.

I'm truly glad that you have an open mind about these sorts of things. I can assure you that from my own experiences, this stuff is not a fairy tale by the Brothers Grimm.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   

The seller adds that they believe the ghosts are in the vials because there has been no paranormal activity since the ghosts were bottled.

Hmmm, or there were no ghost to capture in the first place.

Presuming ghosts exist, then obviously you could go to a graveyard for one if you really desired one, and presuming you can actually capture it....

And why assume we can capture it - in a vial!
Is glass now an impenetrable fortress for ghosties.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by truthseeker1984

I have never "captured" a spirit myself, as I have ethical reasons for not doing so.

Maybe it's toying with you, and it's actually capturing you!

I have no idea why people assume a non-physical entity (assuming they exist) can be used and manipulated by physical entities so easily. Aren't there stories of ghosts harming people? Are the captured one's the spirits of docile people!

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   

The auction says "holy water" in the vials dulled the spirits' energy and put them to sleep.

To revive the spirit, the buyer would reportedly need to pour the vials' contents into a dish and let it "evaporate into (the) house."

Buy one for a friend, and release it into their house....

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
It is not possible to capture a ghost, because they are not bound by physical boundaries. Even if someone used holy water, holy water is only effective in and of itself with spirits with a demonic exorcism- and quite frankly it sounds like the spirits were harmless to begin with.

Even if it were possible- how cruel would that be! Imagine being stuck in Limbo not understanding why you are there- suffering- only to be sucked into a vial because some lunatic wanted too. I Have no compassion for these people who do these sick things. They may believe they captured a spirit- but really theyve just captured delusion.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I am using my super special telekinetic powers right now, boy, are they gonna freak out when after the ghosts are sold and and they go to pack their little bottled spirits, they find the bottles busted and some very angry ghosts throwing the books off the bookshelf at them!!!

seriously, if they had actually bottle a few ghosts, um...even if they were sweet little docile ghosts to start with, I got a feeling they might be a little ticked off when they woke up and found themselves somewhere else.....

wonder how much a bottle of fresh pure mountain air would go for on ebay???

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

Xynephadyn, this is probably the only time where I will ever argue a point with you, as I truly trust your judgment.

Binding ceremonies can be quite effective in "bottling" entities. While I don't agree with the method, it is indeed possible (from what I have seen) to effectively bottle or capture an entity. Do I agree with it? Absolutely not, for the reasons that you have posted.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I bothered to find the actual action and it seems to be doing pretty well!

But why the heck would people even consider purchasing?

www.trademe.co.nz...

Suggest's to me there are some sinister people out there.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I know those auctions are harmless fun, and I try not to hold anything against them, but it's harder now to find any real items on eBay anymore.

I've been looking into buying objects that are cursed, or said to be haunted, but filtering out all the hoaxes is such a task.

Oh well. Hooray for eBay and the new methods people invent to sell a ghost story!

new topics

top topics

join