It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noah's Ark Is (still) In Turkey: DISCOVERY !

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Count Chocula

Originally posted by DarkspARCS

It's encouraging to note that the location has - ONCE AGAIN...- been re-discovered so that folks can go and see the evidence for themselves, and perhaps feel a solemn moment of oddity knowing that that vessle is what housed the humans that were allowed to survive, and reproduce to inevitably bring about our own individual existances...

Please do not lump all of humanity into this fable. I am not descended from a bunch of fools that roamed around in the middle east a few thousand years ago.

Furthermore, there has been numerous studies on human DNA and there is absolutely nothing to suggest that we ever suffered such a population bottleneck. EXCEPT for around the time of the Toba super eruption, where the population might have been reduced to a few thousand breeding pairs. Of course that was around 70k years ago.

because you were around 70k years ago, and remember it like it was yesterday.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Count Chocula

Furthermore, there has been numerous studies on human DNA and there is absolutely nothing to suggest that we ever suffered such a population bottleneck. EXCEPT for around the time of the Toba super eruption, where the population might have been reduced to a few thousand breeding pairs. Of course that was around 70k years ago.

Which is something to consider. The story of a great flood is in many different cultures. One of the things I would be interested in knowing is when those various cultures, (which include the native Americans) were all one people. Knowing that would allow us to have a real idea when such a flood would have occurred, (if at all) and what actual location it would have occurred in.

Taking the Bible as literal truth as far as the earliest stories go is problematic scientifically. We know they borrowed or carried forward a lot of myths or tales from earlier people. It is possible that a localized flood occurred when humanity was in its infancy, and that the tales have been passed forward in mutated form since that time among the descendants of those people as they migrated around the globe.

The religious tend to pretend it must be literally true. Science tends to pretend that because it isnt literally true, there can be no grain of truth there at all. I would say that there is a lot of middle ground in between that should be considered. Just the fact that the tale IS so widespread makes me consider the possibility that it may be based in fact.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Schmidt1989

Many ancient 'myths' are proven true when original sites are excavated: look at Von Schleiman and Troy...this Ark in the mountain is an ancient story in that area. It is one of the oldest inhabited areas on Earth, they are finding incredibly old ruins in Turkey.

I say, Why Not? You don't have to be particularly religious to entertain the thought of a deluge, and Noah. They are finding alloy nails, etc. in the Ark fossil. Of course it would not be reasonable to expect to take every animal in the Ark as a full grown animal. They could have taken ova/sperm of each animal instead, which would have been reasonable and would have fit the boat. People who lived thousands (or millions) of years ago did not necessarily have to be 'primitive'; if an earlier catastrophe eliminated most of the human race, perhaps it eliminated technology too. And just a few survived with the knowledge.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
If Noahs arc is true, then why do kangaroos still exist?

You think they wouldve been wiped out in a flood considering nobody had been here at that time

[edit on 3/3/2010 by OzWeatherman]

As mentioned before it was most likely a localized flood, not global.

The large stones near the site that have holes in them are interesting. It's believed that they're drogues which were used by ancient ships to stabilize themselves in rough sailing conditions.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

You think they wouldve been wiped out in a flood considering nobody had been here at that time

[edit on 3/3/2010 by OzWeatherman]

Hey Oz Good to see you,

The Platypus, don't forget him.

There were no oceans at that time and Australia was attached to Antarctica, Africa and South America. The flood happened because the water ice trapped in the core is heated up enough to push it's way out, ripping the earth a new one and giving us oceans.

You find proof of this with the aging of the sea beds. The newest parts of the mantle are at the rifts in the ocean and get older as they approach land, because the earth is growing. The sea floor just so happens to be around 70mya...Go figure the time of the extinction.

They find the same on mars, water pushing to the surface.

A planet is like an egg. You warm the egg till it hatches, only when it is hatched the shell is broken and scattered.

Follow the colors to see how the earth has grown...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cc2d7c993d0b.gif[/atsimg]

Peace

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
www.answersingenesis.org...

Back in 1992, Wyatt’s ‘Noah’s Ark’ claim (see This is not the Ark of Noah) was subject to a thorough investigative exposé in this magazine (see online version).5 The 13-page report told of how this ministry had checked the claims, even ringing the lab staff that had done the analyses, for instance. Sadly, though we would have been delighted if this really were the Ark, we found almost all the specific claims to be untrue and/or misleading.

The results of detailed analysis of this site, including mapping, magnetometer surveys,6 drill-core sampling, and more, enable any geologist to be able to diagnose with certainty the exact nature of this geological object.7

The ‘discoverers’ have since produced a rebuttal, convincing only to those who have misunderstood or not carefully read our article. They quote as support the well-known creationist scientist Dr John Baumgardner (right), but in fact he long ago decided that this ‘find’ was a geological formation. They also appeal to the late marine engineer David Fasold. Fasold, who had repeatedly rejected biblical authority, did originally think it was a boat, but towards his life’s end co-authored an article in a geology journal supporting its true nature.8

When questioned about Baumgardner’s retraction, Wyatt has claimed that it was made for fear of losing his job. Yet Baumgardner has been known as a ‘full-on’ creationist in his job and community for years, and had no difficulty agreeing to our publishing an interview with him in 1997. At that time, he told us that Wyatt’s claims about himself were as ‘bogus’ as Wyatt’s claims about the ‘Ark site.....

Ron Wyatt has claimed, among other things, to have discovered the following:

The Ark of the Covenant.
Chariot wheels and other relics from Pharaoh’s drowned army at the bottom of the Red Sea.
The real Sodom and Gomorrah, with building outlines still standing as piles of sulfur-fried ash.
Noah’s Ark.
The real Mt Sinai.15
The rock at Horeb.
The true site of Korah’s earthquake.
Noah’s house, and the graves of Mr and Mrs Noah, together with millions worth of her jewelry (allegedly then stolen from Wyatt).
The real site of the crucifixion, apparently above the cave containing the Ark of the Covenant, so that Christ’s blood would drip on to the Mercy Seat.
An actual sample of Christ’s blood, with chromosomes allegedly still visible under the microscope, showing that there was no human father. Placed in growth medium, the cells began dividing, says Ron.
The tablets of the Ten Commandments, bound by golden hinges

This one of the few times I would actually use answersingenesis as a reference. Do a little research on Wyatt.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Intresting thread!
Perhaps "Noah's Ark" was really a huge alien craft from another star system? Anything is possible. I truely beleive "jesus" was either an extraterestrial or a very evolved human being that spoke about universal knowledge, but these days the currupt secret societies cover that up so we dont realise there isn't a god in a cloud that sends you in hell, instead we are all part of a higher consciousness and connected through cosmic soul. Anyways doesnt realy connect with the thread but people should really start waking up to these types of things. Thnx

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Oz, friend, on this we are going to disagree.
There have been extinction level events before in the past, quite a few of them to be honest, and yet kangaroos still exist...

There was obviously some kind of extinction level event that occurred, because it is written about in close to 300 isolated ancient cultures writings. Regardless of whether or not you accept the Biblical version of the story, there was something that happened. Personally I believe the Umm al Binni lake asteroid strike scenario for the Middle eastern Version of the text. However it should be noted that there are also beliefs that the Umm al Binni lake asteroid was only one of a fragmented impact that created similar havoc around the ancient world of the time.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Well, I dont know what to think about the Ark itself, but, assuming the time frame was tens of thousands of years ago, it is possible that a localized flood covered "the whole world" as they knew it somewhere.

It always kind of surprises me when scientists want to look backwards in time and totally dismiss the idea that ancient stories may contain grains of truth just because the wording they used was incorrect, or archaic.

Just like they mock the mystics for saying things like, "Everything was water before the creation" or "fire" or "ether."

What if what they were trying to say was "like water, everything at that time before creation had the potential to take any form, like water can be poured into any shape," etc. Pure potentiality in other words. Just because they did not have that word doesnt mean they werent reaching for it with the vocabulary they had.

Anyway, I think we should keep a more open mind. After all, we knew it was impossible the ancient Greeks had calculating machines until we found one.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
It's there, no doubt...based on faith, not fact's, as these may or may not be revealed in time. Whether they are or not, all relic's of Christianity are there, and will be found, if at all, in God's time, for his purpose, and not before....this is a mystery, as the bible tell's us it is.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
This is really old news but as I understand, there has been additional research done with this in the last 5-6 years.

Religion aside, the evidence of the metal rivet along with the data of the ground penetrating radar is pretty compelling to at least say this was a man-made object versus a geologic feature. Also, the anchor stone is pretty impressive evidence. One of the older articles I read said the petrified wood contained nails. I am generally a skeptic about such things, and is no proof this was in fact Noah's ark, but still a pretty cool find.

I am surprised it hasn't been excavated

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I find it strange how most Christians don't believe in evolution, but believe that a guy and his family, built a boat to house EVERY living creature on this Earth, with enough food and supplies, for about 10+ months. Do you know how many animals live in the rain forest, let alone, all over the world, when a boat, held all of those animals with supplies, and nothing even happened to them? Hell, I don't even think a small family could properly take care of a zoo, without seeing one animal death for 10 months.

Could that be a boat? Maybe, but I doubt it is Noah's Ark. I mean, to be able to hold every animal on earth, you need THE biggest boat, to not only hold all the animals, but food and supplies. Aren't there over a million different types of animals on this earth? Multiple that by 2, all while trying to rustle all of them up to stay, while also keeping up with a positive amount of food for the journey.

[edit on 3-3-2010 by TravisT]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by totalmetal

I was only pointing out the absurdity of the fundamentalist Christian doctrine. Every day more is discovered, yet people had to make the choice of faith, or conversion in times of abject ignorance centuries ago. So it isn't fair, that was my point.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TravisT

"with God all things are possible" and so it would seem, so is the story of the ark...

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Yep I agree the flood stories are very widespread. My local town was flooded under 5-10 feet and was devastating even though we live in the modern era. Now imagine this happened 5k years ago. The tale of this flood would pass down generation to generation with a little added to it with subsequent tellings until it became almost myth like.

Another thing to consider why flood stories are so prevalent in so many diverse societies is the fact much of early humanity centered around areas where WATER was. River basins, coast lines etc. Water was life, unfortunately those areas are also prone to major flooding, especially the coastlines as the glaciers melted off about 10k years ago ending the last ice age.

Even in modern times, places like China have had thousands, if not millions dies in major floods.

[edit on 3-3-2010 by Count Chocula]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
www.arkdiscovery.com...

They even claim to have built a visitors centre for it in 1987.... so it was hardly lost!

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Who knew.. old Noah/Gilgamesh was also a metallurgist? Even if, with ET guidance.
Cool!

[edit on 3/3/2010 by Larryman]

link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl
Ron Wyatt has claimed, among other things, to have discovered the following:
Do a little research on Wyatt.

Well, since you're the denier, why don't you tell us?

link   

Originally posted by mapsurfer_
This is really old news but as I understand, there has been additional research done with this in the last 5-6 years.

Religion aside, the evidence of the metal rivet along with the data of the ground penetrating radar is pretty compelling to at least say this was a man-made object versus a geologic feature. Also, the anchor stone is pretty impressive evidence. One of the older articles I read said the petrified wood contained nails. I am generally a skeptic about such things, and is no proof this was in fact Noah's ark, but still a pretty cool find.

I am surprised it hasn't been excavated

That may be because there's nothing there to excavate.

From a longer article:
www.csun.edu...
Bogus "Noah's Ark from Turkey Exposed as a Common Geologic Structure

Abstract

A natural rock structure near Dogubayazit, Turkey, has been misidentified as Noah's Ark. Microscopic studies of a supposed iron bracket show that it is derived from weathered volcanic minerals. Supposed metal-braced walls are natural concentrations of limonite and magnetite in steeply inclined sedimentary layers in the limbs of a doubly plunging syncline. Supposed fossilized gopherwood bark is crinkled metamorphosed peridotite. Fossiliferous limestone, interpreted as cross cutting the syncline, preclude the structure from being Noah's Ark because these supposed "Flood" deposits are younger than the "Ark." Anchor stones at Kazan (Arzap) are derived from local andesite and not from Mesopotamia.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

Ok, there's a few fair reasons there

I actually appreciate those answers

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join