It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noah's Ark Is (still) In Turkey: DISCOVERY !

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+49 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Noah's Ark has been identified, apparently for quite some time now - and the linked website shows you the proof!

Noah's Ark Is (still) In Turkey

Excerpts from the website:

In 1977 Ron Wyatt visited the site. Obtaining official permission, Ron and others conducted more thorough research over a period of several years. They used metal detection surveys, subsurface radar scans, and chemical analysis -- real science -- and their findings were startling.

The evidence was undeniable. This was the Ark of Noah.

#1 -- the Visual Evidence

The first part of the survey was to examine the object and take its measurements. The shape looked like hull of a ship. One end was pointed as you would expect from bow [D] and the opposite end was blunt like a stern. The distance from bow to stern was 515 feet, or exactly 300 Egyptian cubits. The average width was 50 cubits. These were the exact measurements mentioned in the Bible.

Perhaps the most significant find from the Ark itself is a piece of petrified wood. When this was first found it appeared to be a large beam. But upon closer examination it is actually three pieces of plank that have been laminated together with some kind of organic glue! This is the same technology used in modern plywood. Lamination makes the total strength of the wood much greater than the combined strength of the pieces. This suggests a knowledge of construction far beyond anything we knew existed in the ancient world.

examination reveals the glue oozed from the layers. The outside of the wood appears to have been coated with bitumen.

Even more surprising were laboratory analyses which not only revealed that the petrified wood contained carbon (proving it was once wood) but there were iron nails embedded in the wood!

The surrounding area has more surprises

Several miles from the location of the Ark, huge stones were discovered, some standing upright while others lying on the ground. These stones, weighing many tons, have holes carved in them. Scientists have determined that they were anchors and the holes would have been their attachment to a ship with hemp rope.

Often these stones will have crosses carved in them, from centuries ago when pilgrims made the journey to visit the Ark. Yes, the Ark was well known in the Middle Ages and even before. And its location was recorded in many historical documents.

"And the Ark rested in the seventh month, on the seventeenth day of the month, upon the mountains of Ararat. And the waters decreased continually until the tenth month: in the tenth month, on the first day of the month, were the tops of the mountains seen." -- Genesis 8:4-5

The Gilgamesh Epic (650 BC) gives Mt. Nisir as the landing place of the Ark. The local name for the town where the Ark was found is Nasar.

The annals of Ashurnasurpal II of Assyria (833-859 BC) places it south of the Zab river (correct).

Theophilus of Antioch (115-185 AD) said the Ark could be seen in his day in the Arabian mountains. Later Church Fathers also mention the Ark as late as the mid 7th century.

In the 13th century, Willam, a traveler, stated for the first time that Mt. Masis was the Ark location (present-day Mt. Ararat).

Ptolemy's Geographia (1548) mentions the mountains of Armenia as the place of landing. So does the traveler Nicolas de Nicolay (1558).

Pilgrims to the site would gather bits and pieces of the petrified wood which would be used as charms to ward off evil. When they encountered the anchors, they had no doubt about their association with the Ark. They often carves one big cross to represent Noah and smaller crosses representing his family.

It's very interesting that this information was known for quite some time now - where I remember television programs about unsolved mysteries, and other topics related to a 'search for Noah's Ark' would hypothesis where it was, etc etc.

It's encouraging to note that the location has - ONCE AGAIN...- been re-discovered so that folks can go and see the evidence for themselves, and perhaps feel a solemn moment of oddity knowing that that vessle is what housed the humans that were allowed to survive, and reproduce to inevitably bring about our own individual existances...

+22 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Haha this is a joke. Assuming that natural formation were a ship, surely it's too small to fit every living and ever-have-lived creature.

Edit to add: You want a solemn moment? Lie on your back this summer and look at the stars. Nothing calms the mind more. (nor boggles it for that matter!
)

[edit on 3/3/2010 by Schmidt1989]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
If what they go by is visual evidence then it is very denyable. There is so much errosion it just looks like a pile of rubble from my visual experience.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
A better question is, will all those who did not believe without perfect evidence of the ark go to hell?

While I now with undeniable proof of God, confess to Jesus go to heaven?

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
You would think they would be able to get a scientist out there to confirm this after say ...... 30 years !!!

If that really was the ark, or even a ship, .... the whole structure would be petrified wood wouldnt it ???

why only just a plank ?

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkspARCS

It's encouraging to note that the location has - ONCE AGAIN...- been re-discovered so that folks can go and see the evidence for themselves, and perhaps feel a solemn moment of oddity knowing that that vessle is what housed the humans that were allowed to survive, and reproduce to inevitably bring about our own individual existances...

Please do not lump all of humanity into this fable. I am not descended from a bunch of fools that roamed around in the middle east a few thousand years ago.

Furthermore, there has been numerous studies on human DNA and there is absolutely nothing to suggest that we ever suffered such a population bottleneck. EXCEPT for around the time of the Toba super eruption, where the population might have been reduced to a few thousand breeding pairs. Of course that was around 70k years ago.

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
if you folks would just link through to the article, you'd see that there has been scientific studies done to prove this anomaly's authenticity...

lol, all I can do is supply the facts about the article folks, your dilligent readership of it is in your 'boat'

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst

You would think they would be able to get a scientist out there to confirm this after say ...... 30 years !!!

If that really was the ark, or even a ship, .... the whole structure would be petrified wood wouldnt it ???

why only just a plank ?

The whole structure is pertified wood! =)

and they found more than just a plank... they found petrified animal dung, and did a radar scan of the site, which revealed the object has the shape of a ship with internal compartments.

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schmidt1989
Haha this is a joke. Assuming that natural formation were a ship, surely it's too small to fit every living and ever-have-lived creature.

Edit to add: You want a solemn moment? Lie on your back this summer and look at the stars. Nothing calms the mind more. (nor boggles it for that matter!
)

a weak and unneccessary comment. your sunday school would like you to believe all the world's animals didn't drown in the flood, but the flood only affected this region of the world and the epic didn't ask anyone to save them either.

if you don't know there is a huge suppression and willed ignorance of all these sumerian tablets and stories. things get too real for people and with their council of nicea, supremely edited and watered down god fearing beliefs. scientific minds my ass.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkspARCS

Thanks for the link! S+F! Looks like an Ark to me and I've seen a great deal more info on this site on Mt. Ararat. Makes me pretty sure this is indeed Noah's Ark.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Maybe noah's ark itself was a natural occurence. Are there any examples of natural occurences that would be buoyant on their own?

+13 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Seriously?
People really think that the Noah's Ark existed and the story of Noah's Flood is true?

[edit on 3-3-2010 by sphinx551]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Nice find S/F, but I can't conclude for myself that this is 100% legit. It looks like a natural formation maybe due to an ancient river and a deposit or something to that nature.

Sincerly,

Noobsauce13

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Where can I find more information about this?

The OP's elaboration sounds fascinating, but right now all I have is a picture.

Post me some links!

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schmidt1989

)

"just as in the days of Noah, so too will the coming of the son of man shall be."

in Noah's day, they ridiculed Noah as being nuts for what he was doing, make sure you aren't following the same path ...

MUHUWUAHAHAHAHAAAAAA !!!!

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by sphinx551
Seriously?
People really think that the Noah's Ark existed and the story of Noah's Flood is true?

[edit on 3-3-2010 by sphinx551]

Anyone who is a fundamentalist Christian beliieves that. If they don't then they think they are going to hell. That's a lot of "people."

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Schmidt1989

And if you did actual research on the subject you would realize that their is biblical evidence that suggests that it was a localized flood. Scientists have endorsed this concept. Only literalists who read one translation of the bible actually believe that the flood was global.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedBird
Where can I find more information about this?

The OP's elaboration sounds fascinating, but right now all I have is a picture.

Post me some links!

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Check this site out -alot of related links!

www.noahsark-naxuan.com...

Dave and I differ severally in our scholarship and findings,
but we're Dealing with some of the same Locations!

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
The ARK has been in front of you the whole time. It's not in turkey. Mt ararat was the last mountain to explode, so everything rested when it did or that is to say upon it.

The problem is, they slipped in the word wood in the early 1700's because of a translational error. In hebrew a G and a K look almost Identical.

Gopher, should of read Kopher which is Limestone. Gopher Wood doesn't exist and the word is only used once in the bible.

Because they couldn't figure this out, they used a Greek word that looked close to the Hebrew (makes no sense) and added WOOD to it, turning it from just Kopher to Gopher Wood with the greek meaning Ceder, hence the addition of wood.

Moses, who wrote the Pentateuch, was an Egyptian. His stories are Egyptian including the "Ark".

The building instructions to noah follow.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ca720ecb1fed.jpg[/atsimg]

Peace

PS When read in the Hebrew it is not 300 cubits, rather 3 each of 100 cubits, by 50 cubits to 1 cubit above with a rise of 30.

These are not actual lengths rather God is using a just scale...RATIO, so that the dimensions transfer equally.

Noah (rest) and his sons were charged with building an ark and that is why you find them all around the world only with different motifs, but the same basic structure...Pyramid or ARC.

Peace

[edit on 3-3-2010 by letthereaderunderstand]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join