It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Lies of the week

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Here are what i consider some of the Current administrations lie's of the week, i have cited real sources,form your own opinions and feel free to share your thoughts..

Lie: When it comes to domestic policy, I have no more important job as President than seeing to it that every American who wants to work...can find a job....That was my focus last year, and that is my focus this year.
--President Obama in Georgia. Really? Could have sworn you've been talking about health care for the last 12 months...

Lie: They should stop crying about reconciliation as if it's never been done before. Harry Reid telling Republicans to shut up about Democrat plans to ram through ObamaCare. Reconciliation (the "nuclear option") has never been used for a bill of this type. www.cbsnews.com...

Lie: Independent economists credit the Recovery Act with growing the economy and for two million jobs that otherwise wouldn't exist.
--President Obama, still insisting the stimulus package rescued the economy. Even if it were true, that's over $390,000 per job created. You call that efficient? voices.washingtonpost.com...

Lie: Harry Reid's gonna make sure you get your money back. --President Obama talking about the bank bailout at a town hall meeting with Sen. Reid in Nevada. Too bad we're going to make sure we get his seat back first... www.politico.com...

[edit on 3-3-2010 by zeroeffect]

[edit on 3-3-2010 by zeroeffect]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Not to mention the fact that almost 100% of the spent recovery act monies where paid directly to state educational facilities, local and county governments, governor's offices. How these monies were spent after that....I haven't seen any construction in my area. Although all the money in my state went to the capital city.

www.fedspending.org...

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Haha i know i haven't seen any of it spent in my area too,It's a bonified mystery isnt it?

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I always found that if we were to lose about 15 million jobs that our economy would flourish.

You know which jobs I am speaking about? Of course I am speaking about government jobs.

Let us see, if all the jobs were government jobs saved, doesn't that mean besides the money spent, that in the future this is going to be a further detriment to the economy because of them still being employed.

Oh the idiocy of US government. The largest and dumbest management company in the world.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Amen

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

If we put everyone out of work in the government and gave them unemployment checks we would cut our spending by nearly 50% or more.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
You forgot the everyday lie-THAT THIS IS AMERICA

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsawild1
You forgot the everyday lie-THAT THIS IS AMERICA

I politely disagree sir, it is still America it has just been skewed and distorted by heinous spending habits,political PC crap and no one wanting to hurt some one elses feelings or be railroaded by another party as a idiot or tea partier for saying there is something wrong with the current administration

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I have heard that all politicians lie. They say what they believe that the public wants to hear. Like No new taxes, and give it 2 years, then bam a new tax. I usually look at the promises and expect that at least half of what is promised to be delivered on. But this is the first time when none of the promises have been fufilled. Oh and you for got about the number one lie by Obama: I don't know anything about Acorn, but in prior records he touted that he worked heavily with them. Lie: I am not going to allow special interests in the White House. Fact: He appointed Andy Stern to a panel. (Andy Stern is head of SEIU, a large Union. Isn't that special interest?)

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by zeroeffect
Lie: When it comes to domestic policy, I have no more important job as President than seeing to it that every American who wants to work...can find a job....That was my focus last year, and that is my focus this year.
--President Obama in Georgia. Really? Could have sworn you've been talking about health care for the last 12 months...

Maybe you just haven't been listening? I've heard everything from healthcare, to jobs, to Afghanistan, to Iraq, education, well...just about every topic possible. Politico speech rundown from August
That's not much of a lie, is it?

Lie: They should stop crying about reconciliation as if it's never been done before. Harry Reid telling Republicans to shut up about Democrat plans to ram through ObamaCare. Reconciliation (the "nuclear option") has never been used for a bill of this type. www.cbsnews.com...

So...it's never been done before to this type of bill? What type is it? Special-special tax you to death bill? Oh right, my bad. History of Reconciliation
Once again, that's the best 'lie' you can find? It's not even from the White House...and it's not even the 'nuclear' option!

Lie: Independent economists credit the Recovery Act with growing the economy and for two million jobs that otherwise wouldn't exist.
--President Obama, still insisting the stimulus package rescued the economy. Even if it were true, that's over $390,000 per job created. You call that efficient? voices.washingtonpost.com...

Did he say anything about efficiency? No, how is that a lie? Don't know where the money's going? Here's a map: Recovery.gov

Lie: Harry Reid's gonna make sure you get your money back. --President Obama talking about the bank bailout at a town hall meeting with Sen. Reid in Nevada. Too bad we're going to make sure we get his seat back first... www.politico.com...

Well, here's a silly remark...how can Harry Reid make sure you get your money back if he's not there?

Seriously though, CNN helps you out. Bailout Tracker

All in all, your lies presented were more of your opinions on things. Obama didn't directly mention a certain topic, so it's a lie? That's a little unfair. Good luck next week, I look forward to it.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by links234

Really sir? that seems like straw picking to me and awesome job backing your sarcasm with sources and lack of constructive criticism to the discussion, and the comment about Reid getting our money back that was sarcasm its like he is holding our money hostage and we might get it back if we reelect him also citing a government source to be accurate in accounting for the stimulus package money spent is like asking a crack head to tell me the truth about whether he has been using or not but i suppose that isn't a silly notion at all and thirdly the reconciliation option has never been used on that type of bill before that is accurate, and last time i checked CNN had quite the left leaning which i can see why you cited them ah well maybe i should consult CNBC to give me fair and accurate commentary about conservative news
not that both parties don't play the mud slinging game, while i appreciate your input and sharing of other views maybe you could i don't be a bit nicer about it? but hey Libs are usually the first to resort to mudslinging first when confronted with scary things like facts...

[edit on 4-3-2010 by zeroeffect]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by zeroeffect

Well, if that's how you see it, I'll be happy to fight your straw army with my own.

top topics

join