It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lamar Man Charged In Death of K-9 Officer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
www.fox24.com...

A Lamar County man is in hot water with the law, after deputies say he shot and killed a German Sheppard K-9 Officer that wandered onto his family property.

today i was just passing over the local news and saw this. now there seems to be a good bit of info missing but if it is as it reads this man had every right to shoot the dog. mistakes do happen but this guy will get railed for about 5 to 25 years.

my question is - if you are protecting your family and after the event you find out the facts is it justice for this man to be treated this way?

just so you know around here there are a lot of animals wild and tame that cause many problems. i would like to hear some feedback. thanks.

www.lamarcountysheriff.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
What was the dog doing just wandering around?

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
if you read the story you know as much as me. like i said it seems to be missing a lot of information. when i read it i got pretty ticked off at the cops. those dogs are highly dangerous. myself I'd shoot it in a heart beat.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
This doesn't make any sense and there is definately more to it than what is in the article. What?????????

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
More missing info than anything here. It sounds like maybe there were no witnesses other than the family? Just claim we know nothing.
WTF was a police dog doing wandering around? They're trained to attack as well as sniff drugs. If it were in my yard I'd have done the same thing. If anyone is culpable it's the dog's handler for letting it get out his command. I love animals as much as anyone but big dogs trained to attack should never be allowed to wander around. K9 officer! PFFt! IT'S STILL JUST A DOG, not some GD holy crimefighter mutt.
I lived in the country for many years and I've had to shoot dogs on more than one occasion. When they start killing your livestock that's just what you do. Maybe this man saved some child's life by his actions, who knows?
At any rate he shouldn't be charged with anything and the dog's handler should get his butt kicked around the block.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Yes indeed. This dog is indistinguishable from any other stray.
Large dogs can be intimidating just by their appearance and the reputation of the breed. The handler shoud definitly be reprimanded.

Yes, lots missing from the story. I'd especially like to hear Kevin's story.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
YEAH ITS THE COPS FAULT!!!!

YEAH THE HOMEOWNER SHOULD HAVE KNOW BETTER!!!!

WHile I am fond of knee jerk reactions, lets face it we dont have enough information either way at this point to justify some of the responses :shk:

[edit on 3/3/10 by FredT]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Definitely missing info.

But I would definitely NOT take any deal and go to trial if the DA tries any shenanigans.

It seems that almost everyone here and comments over on that site agree.

Any stray animal can be dangerous.

My ruling, NOT GUILTY unless something else comes to light.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Pewbert

I hate all this "K-9 Officer" nonsense. It's a police dog. It's not an officer - it didn't choose to become a police dog, and "K-9" is not as easy to say or write as "dog", indicating that its use is merely more ridiculous self-aggrandisement.

top topics

join