It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RE: ABOUT ATS: All about repeat topics and what to do about them.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to ABOUT ATS: All about repeat topics and what to do about them. post by SimonGray

Granted I am fairly new here. However, In regards to what actually defines the OP.

Foremost, forgive me if this seems like I'm being whiny, really that is not the intent. I just feel this is a "credit given where credit is due" issue that has not the luster of adherence that it should.

Current events: If you know your topic is related to current news, please take some time to see if it's being covered in our current discussions. Simply find the thread and add your new thoughts to the existing discussion.

I feel, that if it has been brought to the attention of the poster(s) in a repeat thread, that it is in fact not the original thread, then I feel the OP of the repeated thread should by all rights concede the discussion. From there, create one last post directing readers to the original thread and happily continue discussing.

I think this topic deserves a bump as a general reminder, as well as an FYI, to anyone that wasn't aware or has just let it slip their mind.

Thank you in advance.

Note: This has nothing to do with S's & F's as far as I am concerned. It is all about who posted first, fair is fair.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
It's up to the mods to close the thread and re-direct traffic to the appropriate one.

All you need to to is Alert the mods when such things pop up and they will investigate and take the proper action.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
OR ... use the Alert feature to notify staff so that we may close the duplicate and redirect to the original as expediently as possible.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I'm aware that the Mods can control this, and I appreciate that fact. However, it shouldn't have to come to that. Especially if it's been made aware in the thread. More or less an honor among thieves or in this case honor among conspiracy theorists / skeptics.

That's all I wanted to convey. Small attempt at trying to promote a little common decency

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t
That's all I wanted to convey. Small attempt at trying to promote a little common decency

Certainly appreciated.
The only problem being that the thread author of the duplicate may not be online when it's made known there's an existing original thread on the boards .... hence why you'll often see post upon post after the notice and until it's made known to staff, closed and redirected.

With that being said, it's best to just use the Alert feature to ensure staff is aware of the same. It helps reduce clutter and keeps the discussions on-topic, focused and in one place.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Duly noted. Thank you for the information

On that note, Personally I feel it's safe to close this thread. I am content with the explanation.

Thanks again.

[edit on 3/3/2010 by UberL33t]

new topics

top topics

join