It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama's top 10 insults against Britain

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AlwaysQuestion

IT would only be clever if Obama was native Hawaiian. But he isn't.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by 18731542

We dont need the help of the Yanks to kick the Argentinians backsides. In any case without US military help our casualty count will be lower.

Ain't that the truth !

All that "friendly fire" can be a real serious problem.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
If you want to pull favors, wait until something big happens to pull a favor. This is like getting mad because your friend, the world champion blackbelt and kickboxer, won't back you up against a 7th grade playground bully.

World champion black belt and kick boxer?

You're having a laugh right? Oh sorry I forgot, being an American you automatically think you're the greatest thing since sliced bread.
Give me a feckin break.

posted on Mar, 5 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jibbs

If you want to pull favors, wait until something big happens to pull a favor. This is like getting mad because your friend, the world champion blackbelt and kickboxer, won't back you up against a 7th grade playground bully.

World champion black belt and kick boxer?

You're having a laugh right? Oh sorry I forgot, being an American you automatically think you're the greatest thing since sliced bread.
Give me a feckin break.

It wouldn't be a proper ATS thread in 2010 without an ad hominem attack without any substance to it so someone can air their generalizations and prejudices without shame.

Oh sorry I forgot, being an American you automatically think you're the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Really had to stretch to reach that one didn't you. Insecurity showing a bit?

This thread is Brits getting on Yanks about not backing them up over some islands no one even lived on till a few hundred years ago.
The Americans here are trying to say that we shouldn't get involved, and the British, who have proved in the past they are perfectly capable of taking care of the islands and keeping them that way and certainly don't need us, are getting mad because we won't get involved.

But if it were the other way around, I am sure you would be on here griping that America gets involved in matters that don't concern them, especially where oil is involved.

So, do you have anything of substance to add to the discussion?

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   

I see what your getting at but this isn't about an invasion, this is about drilling rights and international waters. It is a little more complicated, and I don't see how muddying the waters further by involving Washington is gonna help.

Same thing. Te dispute isn't over "inetrnational waters and drilling rights", it's Argentina getting it's knickers in a twist as we are drilling for Oil within the EEZ of the Falklands. No drilling in "international" waters at all. If that's what your news is telling you is going on, it's no surprise you guys aren't behind us.

I don't even see where the British want the US to butt in.

I fail to see the problem here.

A nice nod would have sufficed. As Nef said, we've had your back for years with your activities, but now Mr Obama barely even acknowledges our existance.

Originally posted by maybereal11

Originally posted by hans kammler
britons are dying there for america and the war on terror, and we cant even expect a word of support.

Hmm...thats news to me. I thought Brits were there because they too had suffered terrorist attacks? They are part of Nato...right? I'd find it shocking if englishman decided to go give their lives because the US got itself into a mess.

Hmm, again, is that what your news is telling us?

We back you in 2001 after 9/11 - No major Islamic attack on us to date.

We invade Afghanistan with you in 2001 - Still no terrorism.

We invade Iraq qith you in 2003 - Still no terrorism

We get suicide attacked in 2005 in London - Oddly enough, the attackers cite our involvement in Afghanistan and Iraq as reasons for the bombing.

So yes, we're in Afghanistan for your reasons, not our own. Thanks for the appreciation, by the way.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
reply to post by hans kammler

As an observing Irish man all i can say is the two of you the UK an USA have brought it all on yourselves! ever heard of collective Karma?

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
reply to post by Solomons

I disagree... I think the relationship is important but yes you are right on one point. Britain doesnt need to hold itself accountable to the US everytime, and the same the other way around.

[edit on 3-3-2010 by Southern Guardian]

If thats the case the next time AMERICA invades ANOTHER third world country.....dont ring Downing St asking for help.....sort your own bloody problems out and dont ask British troops to die for American intrests.

I hope Gordon Brown slams the bloody door in his Kenyan face.

Ungratefull bast****.

[edit on 8-3-2010 by andy1972]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Stumason,
We get suicide attacked in 2005 in London - Oddly enough!
Listen man that was an inside job! think about it? look it up an get back to me!

[edit on 8-3-2010 by DCDAVECLARKE]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Deleted

[edit on 8/3/10 by thoughtsfull]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by DCDAVECLARKE

Be that may, the point I was making was that we went rolling into Afghanistan and Iraq before anyone "attacked" us, which was counter to what the ill-educated Yank was saying.

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Deleted

[edit on 8/3/10 by thoughtsfull]

posted on Mar, 8 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by DCDAVECLARKE

Be that may, the point I was making was that we went rolling into Afghanistan and Iraq before anyone "attacked" us, which was counter to what the ill-educated Yank was saying.

Yea I get yea! but they tried to sell it by the Murders on that fateful day!IMO.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Well if the obama really doesn't like us I say we pack up our thing in afganistan and bring are boys home!

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I think the U.S. should ever give any indication that we don't have the U.K's "back" in any dispute they have. All this being "netural" in regards to the Falklands is going to do is further encourage Argentina actions. You don't treat friends like that.

[edit on 23-3-2010 by pavil]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join