It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen. Jim Bunning is not the problem! What is?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Sen. Jim Bunning who held up unemployment benefit extension is not the problem. The fact that we keep extending unemployment benefits is the problem. Its unemployment insurance, not lets pay you forever until you find another job.

This whole issue brings up one huge problem in this country. Once you start supporting people they start demanding that you continue to support them until life gets more fair for them.

I saw a woman on TV last night who was unemployed for over a year and she was complaining that Bunning was holding up her benefits. A whole year of support, but she still thinks she is owed another check. No wonder this country is broke.

I think unemployment benefits are a good idea, but they cannot become another entitlement. Like we do not have enough of those around here.

The government should and cannot afford to take all the financial risk out of everyones lives. Now I feel bad for the unemployed, but if you cannot find a way to support yourself in a year then will you ever be able to?

This woman was a mechanical engineer for God's sake. She could have started a consulting business or took a lower end job.

[edit on 3-3-2010 by Mr Sunchine]

new topics

join