It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If UFOs aren't a threat to National Security, why is there no FOI?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I'm sure I'm probably just not looking hard enough.....or maybe just not asking the right questions in the right places....but, if it's been stated by our own military that the subject of UFOs is NOT a threat to national security, why is it that a Freedom of Information Act request won't get you anywhere?? Why is there no "freedom of information"???

First extraterrestrial intelligence doesn't exist...then it's a joke...now it's simply not a threat. Which means they obviously know enough about the subject to render an opinion. Has anyone ever filed a FOIA request for intel on ET intelligence? Did it go through, or was the request too vague??

I can't seem to find any sort of info on the matter or how such a request was handled in the past (if at all).

A little help ATS???? Do you know of anytimes when an FOIA request was made regarding ET Intel or UFOs???

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by starsyren

The statement from the MOD was that there is no threat indicated from UFOs.

"In more than fifty years no UFO sighting reported to the Department has indicated the existence of any military threat to the UK."

It says nothing about "extraterrestrial intelligence".

[edit on 3/3/2010 by Phage]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Excellent....I saw that one. I mean here (USA), do we know if anyone's ever filed/tried to file a FOIA request for info on UFOs, their relationship (if any) to the possibility of known ET Intelligence, or anything similar to this line-of-thought? If so, how'd it turn out?

Sorry if I wasn't clear before, but those are the sort of answers I'm looking for here.

Thanks for the post Phage!!!!

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

The problem is all you'd ever get is pages full of blacked out paragraphs...

Many people have got them.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
John Greenewald Junior from Blackvault.com has amassed quite a collection of Government documents and makes some very interesting points in this presentation but its worth pointing out that the Pentagon (and NORAD) are completely exempt from the Freedom of Information Act.

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
BLAST! It just doesn't make any sense! How ignorant do they honestly think people are that docs like THAT will suffice?

I've seen documentaries, read articles where servicemen/women have had sightings while on duty. They report it, their superiors say the same thing...take no action, it's not a threat.

If there's no threat, nothing to hide...why black out anything? I, for one, don't give a crap what kind of new super-missle-hover-craft the gubmint's working on....if there is life out there (or here), it has vast implications for humanity and humanity (as a whole) has the RIGHT to be made aware of it.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by starsyren
Do you know of anytimes when an FOIA request was made regarding ET Intel or UFOs???

Lots of such requests have been made under Freedom Of Information Act legislation in the USA, Britain and elsewhere.

Indeed, there has been litigation based on the FOIA in relation to UFO documents.

Tens of thousands of pages of UFO documents have been released in the USA alone - not to mention the documents released elsewhere in the world.

I've previously referred to some sources of those documents (including various government websites) - see my UFO Starter Pack here on ATS.

Only a small fraction of those documents are actually discussed on UFO websites.

Since I collated that previous summary, a further MASSIVE amount of UFO documentation from the USA has become available online.

I've been surprised that virtually no-one seems to have noticed that further release of material online.

I'm not sure if that is simply because few people want to read the documents, but that would seem to be inconsistent with the numerous calls for the release of documents...

All the best,

Isaac

[edit on 3-3-2010 by IsaacKoi]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

yup, Stanton Friedman has made a career out of it.....

this video of him was just put up on the free documentaries thread. Pretty good if you can get by the typical ufologist infighting...

[edit on 3-3-2010 by Toxicsurf]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by starsyren
I'm sure I'm probably just not looking hard enough.....or maybe just not asking the right questions in the right places....but, if it's been stated by our own military that the subject of UFOs is NOT a threat to national security, why is it that a Freedom of Information Act request won't get you anywhere?? Why is there no "freedom of information"???

First extraterrestrial intelligence doesn't exist...then it's a joke...now it's simply not a threat. Which means they obviously know enough about the subject to render an opinion. Has anyone ever filed a FOIA request for intel on ET intelligence? Did it go through, or was the request too vague??

I can't seem to find any sort of info on the matter or how such a request was handled in the past (if at all).

A little help ATS???? Do you know of anytimes when an FOIA request was made regarding ET Intel or UFOs???

If a majority of the sighting are black-project aircraft or prototypes being put through their paces, then allowing the truth to be revealed via FOI requests is simply just plain daft! You ain't gonna spend billions researching & billions more to develop a next generation fighter, uav or whatever, then allow it to be be brought out into the open & any country under the sun to know what you have up your sleeve. It's gamesmanship. The Russians & Chinese will be doing the exact same thing....developing a whole host of crap in secret just incase they ever go to war against a capable nation.

Theese 'craft' aren't a threat to national security, but their secret is a matter of national security!

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Henry Stevens said he got information about the Foo when a
FOIA request asked for information on Phoo sightings.

Apparently the filing authority has their own ways to file things
that are different than the popular norm.

Then you can only get hidden info through non official sources.
Like Bill Lyne seeing Air Force films on the Foo attacks on B-17s.
Or of recent saucer hitting a house that info leaked out and the
saucer authority are looking to re negotiate the confidentiality
agreement. Guess he goes back to the repaired house for letting
out too much information when they find him.
Who are they.. some part of the CIA most likely.
CIA trucks have been seen going to salvage yards with unclassified
wreckage in New Mexico. Still the parts might give a clue to strange
craft especially when parts are marked 15kva by GE.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Can you explain this a bit better, it is basically a jumble of WTF?!

Henry Stevens said he got information about the Foo when a FOIA request asked for information on Phoo sightings. Apparently the filing authority has their own ways to file things that are different than the popular norm. Then you can only get hidden info through non official sources. Like Bill Lyne seeing Air Force films on the Foo attacks on B-17s. Or of recent saucer hitting a house that info leaked out and the saucer authority are looking to re negotiate the confidentiality agreement. Guess he goes back to the repaired house for letting out too much information when they find him. Who are they.. some part of the CIA most likely. CIA trucks have been seen going to salvage yards with unclassified wreckage in New Mexico. Still the parts might give a clue to strange craft especially when parts are marked 15kva by GE.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnthejedi24
Can you explain this a bit better, it is basically a jumble of WTF?!

Henry Stevens said he got information about the Foo when a FOIA request asked for information on Phoo sightings. Apparently the filing authority has their own ways to file things that are different than the popular norm. Then you can only get hidden info through non official sources. Like Bill Lyne seeing Air Force films on the Foo attacks on B-17s. Or of recent saucer hitting a house that info leaked out and the saucer authority are looking to re negotiate the confidentiality agreement. Guess he goes back to the repaired house for letting out too much information when they find him. Who are they.. some part of the CIA most likely. CIA trucks have been seen going to salvage yards with unclassified wreckage in New Mexico. Still the parts might give a clue to strange craft especially when parts are marked 15kva by GE.

Too late, Mr WTF is gone.
Check out every tidbit you don't understand.
Google, that's how you learn.
That's how I found out.
You will need a couple of years.
Unless you are an annoying Illuminati agent.
They don't need to know anything.

ED: Someone mentioned Stanton Friedman, hear him:
Date / Time: 9/5/2008 12:00 PM
The UFO Town Meeting!

This show will deal with the UFO enigma andwhat the truth is. I will have on my show guests such as Dennis Balthaser, Stanton Friedman, and others pro and con that will show how the UFO Enigma has effected us in the world today!
www.blogtalkradio.com...
The download is still there at the bottom.
Bottom line: If it flies like a UFO then its a Tesla craft.

[edit on 3/3/2010 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
My son and I were talking about this exact subject tonight, along with many other subject regarding our gov't not coming clean on things.

The simple answer is that most of the people in the US are ignorant, in that they simply don't know, and/or care to know what's going on. A prime example for this is just look at who we have as the President of the United States. Whatever the MSM says, the ignorant will listen and follow. It was the National Enquirer that broke the Monica/Clinton scandal and the MSM ignored it. Point being, the dumb masses aren't on ATS, they are watch Entertainment Tonight or Dancing with the Stars etc. The dumb masses have no idea what just took place in the UK and couldn't care less unless it turned off their cable channel.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

The UFO craft must surly exist since 1945 and has always been
held under national security restriction and inter nation security
restriction because the technology is owned by those dealing
out oil energy solutions.
Think of a guy named starting with the letter R.
He was around to know a threatening technology.
No ETs involved ever.
Just people on the tech side, money side and control side of
something they hardly know anything about.
ED: I think Americans know the score on UFO especially living
in the land of Tesla and Rockefeller.
The Monica/Clinton scandal was handled by the Illuminati that control
the MSM and was done to get Clinton to start bombing for Osama
and he would not be impeached if he said the OK.
Just ask him if its true.

[edit on 3/4/2010 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
It's a catch-22. No threat to national security and yet, UFO files are typically highly classified. The very definition of classified material, is something that if compromised can damage national security. The loss of TS material causes "grave damage" to national security.

Of course they will lie about it.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
And keep doing so even if the truth comes out..

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Schaden

That right there is the circular-logic I'm hung up on: Why classify information and then admit that it's non-threatening?

But I think ya'll are right on the money, it comes down to the "elites" dealing with a population in which the mass majority is basically still asleep. And those of us who are awake and aware of the crap don't have the resources to stop it (without resorting to a 2nd Revolution, anyway). *SIGH*

[edit on 4-3-2010 by starsyren]

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I think the UFO is hidden under national security classification of the
highest order.
So there is no freedom to get information.
So there are only lies people are working under.
Its don't ask don't tell.

posted on Mar, 4 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden
It's a catch-22. No threat to national security and yet, UFO files are typically highly classified. The very definition of classified material, is something that if compromised can damage national security. The loss of TS material causes "grave damage" to national security.

Of course they will lie about it.

If the technology is what some think it is there is good reason for
the national security status to hide the technology so that those that keep
us secure will not become permanently dethroned from their position
of high security protection.

Sort of catch-22 and we caught it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join