It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is with the LAG on ATS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SpacePunk

I concur on the Alice issue, that's what seems to make mine stop for a second. I also run several tabs and a music player though so that might be why Alice does that.

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by gheybayten

You arent the only one. Its lagging for me tonight too. Its not my computer, my computer is screaming fast, so maybe it is just the internet connection. I have to say, I assumed it was ATS too, because it doesnt happen when I am off ATS following links etc.

posted on Dec, 2 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I noticed sometimes replying and typing it's lagging too. Sometimes it gets so bad I get a popup alert firefox and this website is using enormous amounts of ram and cpu performance, then the lag spikes come in. I gotta close it down. In fact it happen again. The backspace is slow and almost non-responsive. The scripting in this website is the problem cause nothing else does it. Could be ads.
edit on 2-12-2013 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   

gheybayten
reply to post by greeneyedleo

guess i'm the only one. but it's only this site for me and it only started recently.
Your not the only one. The lag gods are upon us lol

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Same thing with me. Its impossible to edit my posts. I have to open up a notepad and then click on tabs, back and forth on mozilla to see it register at all. And then to post, try to ctrl V, because I can't right click or paste. And its the same with my linux partition.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I'm having a huge issue with the excel energy drop down ad. It completely takes over. My cursor doesn't even touch it yet it still drops down and continues to do so every time I refresh the page.

It's a race to log in before the ads start popping up. It's frustrating because they prevent me from completing my log in. I've inadvertently clicked on ads just trying to log in or I usually end up putting in a bad password/username because I lose my cursor whenever a new ad pops up. Anyway it's a mess, I have to close out everything/start over.

I'm a long time member with a crappy connection, I live in the boonies. I support the site by disabling my ad blocker but this is getting beyond ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Morningglory

The Staff is aware of that one, and are working on it.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Thanks so much for your response. I was being very patient/understanding but today I just got so hung up/frustrated I lost it. Thanks again much appreciated.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join